Obsession - I Just Miss You Is All.

Three and some coffee

“So…Elameno, that’s a funky name” I stated stirring my coffee…I was grasping for conversation and I think she could tell…we were sitting in the window of the vegan cafĂ© on Winston ave, it was raining, though much lighter then it had been 15 minutes ago.

She smiled a little, she had an awesome smile.

“Yeah, it’s “L-M-N-O”…P-Q-R-S-T-U-V, some sort of twisted Sesame Street name I always thought but apparently my mom thought that ‘elameno’ was an actual letter when she was a kid”

“That’s crazy!”

“Yeah but like Mitzi is a normal name either?!”

Mitzi….that’s my name…Mitz, kinda like mutt…oh well.

“Yeah,” I stared into my coffee, and she seemed stunned a little by the silence…yes she had just hurt my feelings….I wanted her to think I was pretty and cool and smart, all of which I wasn’t but god couldn’t she please just maybe think that?

“No, I meant I liked it, I mean it’s not normal but its good…You know, like artistic, it fits you.”

I looked up at her to see her wearing an unsure but reassuring smile…wait…was she trying to impress me as much as I was trying to impress her?

Did she like me?
Does she like me?!?

I smiled back, reassured, and said thank you.

Awkward silence.

What can I say what can I say?

“uhm so were your parents hippies or radicals or something?” I asked.

Well that came from nowhere…..

Ellie gave me a really weird look….

shit
Shit
Shit!

“Uhm I just mean I mean rallies and everything, anti-scientology is not like, just something that you just do as a hobby I mean right?”

She laughed “Well why are you doing it.”

She’s got me there….

“It’s…a hobby…”

We both burst out laughing, “No I mean,” and try to recover “It’s a cause, I mean, to be against it is a cause, and it’s a good cause.”

“We need shirts!” She’s excited now, on a totally different subject.

“Yes! Shirts that say…..”

“Were not the C word!”

“C word?”

“cult…or cunt”

Her phone rings and she pulls it out looking apologetic…It’s okay, I know, I know now that she likes me, I mean she does right?

“Hey Sweetie!”

Sweetie who??

Sweetie…fuck, she has a sweetie.

A baby, darling, honey, Iloveyoumorethananything…sweetie...

Hey Sweetie

My life is over…
♠ ♠ ♠
Been offline for a little while but this is the new chapter, i'm writing more but I'm trying to decide where to go with it as I am going through a sort of rough spot in my life.
Comment and tell me what you think!