Status: Might not be updated regularly because I'm going to take my time with it :-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

Dedication Takes a Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last for a Night

Put up or shut up, we're not wasting time again.

You always get that kid in every class in high school who's classed as dorky. That one kid who gets bullied and picked on because he tries in class, - or at least pretends to - and gets on with his life. I'm that kid. I'm Jack Bassam Barakat, I'm 15, and I'm just about to go into 10th Grade... I'm dreading it.
High school hasn't been great for me so far. Everyone seems to have taken a hating to me, and my taste in music hasn't helped my reputation too much. But I'm not changing that just for the sake of the other pathetic kids in my class, though. I'll listen to what I want, and they can do the same.
I don't get noticed by the other kids that much. It's like I'm not there at all sometimes - that is, when they're not picking on me. I can cope with that, it's just when they start picking out my flaws and bullying me about them. That's when it really starts getting to me. School days aren't my favourite days of the week, and they usually go by extra slow because of that. I'm not saying I don't have any friends at school, I do, but only a few. They usually stand by me, but they're not the most popular kids either. I'm glad about that though. The popular kids aren't nice at all. They're stuck up and they usually bully kids who they feel superior to, suchas me. There is the odd one or two exceptions to that though, of course... Like Alex Gaskarth. He's a popular kid. Everyone loves him - including me - and he loves everyone back. Especially the girls, he loves all the girls. He's super attractive, he can be a bit stuck up, and he certainly thinks he's better than everyone else, but he doesn't bully anyone. On the whole, he's quite a nice guy when he wants to be. When his friends are picking on us, he doesn't join in, but he doesn't say anything to them about it either. He just stands and watches, looking rather awkward. I don't blame him though, I'd probably do the same in his case.
Anyway, so yeah, I'm Jack, and I fail in every class at school. I dream about being a musician when I'm older, and I want to be in a band like Blink 182. I'm 15 years old and I live in Baltimore. School is a bore for me and I hardly ever enjoy it. I daydream the day away, and don't pay attention in anything other than Music. That's the only lesson I care about, really. All the rest of the day is a drag.
My Mum thinks something is wrong with me, because I never go out or mention any of my "friends" and I always seem to be sad. She doesn't know I get bullied, that'd kill her inside, so I refuse to tell her. I don't want to hurt her, and I'm a big boy now, I can handle it myself. She rambles on about depression, and I keep refusing it. Depression isn't something you can diagnose that easily, but she's got her mind made up. Something's wrong with her son, and she's worried about it. She leaves me be for most of the time though, and I can thank her for that. I appreciate it. I prefer being alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
an anon on tumblr requested a high school jalex fic and i thought it'd be quite complicated to tackle but i like a challenge so here's the start of it and um i hope you like it???
this is just an introduction so it's not gone far but yh
comment what you think of it or tweet me @erinsh33ran