Status: Might not be updated regularly because I'm going to take my time with it :-) (twitter - @erinsh33ran)

Dedication Takes a Lifetime, But Dreams Only Last for a Night

I've got the guts to say anything.

I woke up on the floor of my room in what seemed like the middle of the night. I must've fallen asleep when I got back out of the shower - I didn't even remember how I got here.
I rolled onto my side and let out a groan. I widened my eyes and scanned the room for my phone, remembering that I had been waiting for a text back off Alex. I spotted it in the corner of my room where I had thrown it earlier. I sat up slowly, supporting myself with my hands, and crawled over on my knees to pick it up. I clicked the lock button so it would display the time. 1.26. Crap, it was early. I gulped as I noticed that I'd received a text message off Alex. I pressed on the message icon on my phone, shaking as I did so. I didn't want him to think I was a weirdo. I couldn't believe I'd been so stupid as to drop that piece of paper. I rolled my eyes and stifled a laugh. I jabbed the screen of my phone with my thumb, opening the text from Alex and holding my breath as I read it:
"Dnt be sorry. I dnt mind! I feel honored to be thought about like that if anything. Gd. I want u to come. Txt me later n I'll catch u at school. :-)"
I let out a deep breath and allowed a large smile to form on my face. I raised my hands, rubbing my eyes with my fists and shaking my head with relief. I was relieved that Alex seemed to be such a genuinely nice guy. How I ever thought that he was such a douche in 9th grade, I'll never know. I knew how sarcastic he was, and I knew that he seemed to think awfully high of himself. He was good looking - precisely why I'd had a crush on him for as long as I could remember, but I'd jumped to conclusion. I thought he was a dick. I was wrong.
I loved him, though I didn't want to admit it. I'd been spending my time recently dreaming about what we could be. I'd be the luckiest guy alive to have someone like Alex. I loved him more than anything, and he knew it... And he didn't care. He made me happy for the first time in a long time, and that was a feeling that I'd missed.
I sighed contentedly to myself.
I pressed reply and quickly sent him a text back:
"Gd. Dnt tell anyone pls. Thank u. Ok that's fine by me."
I hesitated before adding an 'x' at the end of the message, and I hurried to press send before I regretted it. I was a happy Jack for once, and I was hoping it wasn't going to change.
I stood up, catching my balance and walked over to my bed. I put my phone on my bedside table and hopped into my bed, sliding down in it and resting my head on the pillow. I pulled the covers up and curled up into a ball, reaching out my hand and switching the lamp off. I fluttered my eyelids closed and a faint smile appeared on my face. For once, I felt like someone cared about how I felt. Alex didn't want to hurt me, I knew that. If he'd have been lying - if he was still friends with the other guys and he was planning something against me - he could've easily used what he found against me. I had a warm feeling inside me just at the thought of it.
I was lucky, and I was ecstatic at the fact that Alex wanted to be my friend. I knew that we both had a lot to learn about each other, but I was up for it. There was Rian and Zack that I had to get around as well, I realised that and I'd accepted it. They weren't going to be easy to convince - Zack especially. Rian wouldn't be too hard. He knew how much I liked Alex. I never shut up about the boy when I was around Rian. It was odd. Alex meant so much to me, yet he didn't have a clue. I was happy that he'd moved here. I was happy that he was a person. Zack, on the other hand, didn't have a clue about my feeling's towards Alex, and I wasn't sure how he'd take it.
I felt something I hadn't ever felt before, and it was odd. I felt like maybe, just maybe, someone felt mutual towards me. That someone being Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS WAS SO SHORT I'M SORRY
i felt like i should update because i left it a while lmao
but um ya i updated!!
i dedicated this to m0riarty because i feel like i should be making it up to her after she read one of my sad Jalex fics and Phoebe for motivating me once again
y'all are great THANK YOU for sticking with me!!
comment and tweet me @erinsh33ran to let me know what you think :-)
xo