Status: Finished! :D

Maybe I Wasn't Enough

Prologue

"Your not ever going to amount to anything, you know that, right?" My father asked. If there was one thing I was good at, it was ignoring his threats and put downs.
"I will. I'll become the best their ever was." I replied, with little expression in my voice.
"Keep dreaming!" He scoffed at me.
"No one will ever love you. Your ugly!" He spat. I forced a smile.
"Mommy loves me." I sneered. He pushed me to the ground, and walked off.
I knew I would never see him again. But what was so bad about that? I hated him. He was disgusting. He hurt my mom, brother, and I. If anyone was useless, it was him.
I sneered at the door as is closed loudly.
"And don't come back!" I screamed at it. If this really was the end, nothing could have been better. It was almost exactly how I had imagined it a thousand times before.

I turned down my stereo,
and walked out of my room, following my mothers voice. I turned to see both my handsome brother Andrew, and my beautiful mother, Michelle. I explained to them what happened, and they both smiled and hugged one another.
"It's over. It's finally over." My mother said while on the verge of tears. I nodded, and was engulfed in a bone crushing hug from my big brother, Andy. The next thing I wanted to do, was tell my best friend, Sam. I picked up my phone, and dialed his number.
"Sammy?" I explained everything to him. He was the only one outside of my mom an brother who knew about my abusive drunk of a father. "Bella! Bells! I'm so happy for you guys!" I smiled and thanked him.
"Why don't you invite Samuel I've for the celebration, Isobella?" My mom chirped. I smiled.

At that moment, I felt infinite. Like nothing could ever penetrate the perfect shell of love that surrounded my family and best friend. It was all so perfect. Almost...a fantasy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I'm aware of this.