Status: Finished! :D

Maybe I Wasn't Enough

When Time Stands Still

"I just...I don't even know anymore. I don't think we'll work out." Mike said, looking towards our feet.

I continued walking, without saying a thing. I wasn't sure what to say, actually.

"So...what? No tears? No screaming?" Mike asked.

I chuckled, and shook my head. "No. Mikey, it's okay. I knew this would happen. I still want you to be my best friend, though."

He smiled, and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"You can't keep me out of your house though. Your friends are my friends too..." I pulled away from him.

He chuckled. "I know. I don't want you to stay away." He breathed in, and let a long breath out.

"You're just so...perfect. You know that?" I chuckled.

"Oh, and...erm...I know you don't need my permission, but I'd be okay with it, if you...became Tony's girlfriend." He said.

My heart clenched, and I tried my best to hide the smile that was daring to form on my lips. "What makes you think that'll happen?" I asked, a little curiously.

"Izzy, I'm not stupid. I see the way you both look at each other." He answered, as we began walking again.

"Can I ask you something?" He nodded. "Well," I began. "What made you...break up with me?"

He sighed slowly. "Well, I met this girl. I was sure not to do anything with her, until we weren't a couple anymore. I didn't want to hurt you again, Izzy."

I couldn't help but smile. "She better be good to you, Mikey. Or else, I'll beat her fucking ass."

He chuckled. "She's a good girl." He stated.

I smiled, an hugged him. "Congratulations, Mikey." I said, as we came to street we were to depart upon.

I smiled at him, as I went to one side of the street, and he, the other.

"Bella?" Andy's voice came from the lounge, as I walked through the door.

"Andy?" I asked, a little too excited for my own good.

Andy had been gone for the past few weeks. He had gone on some buisness trip of his. He was always the person to work while I was growing up.

I walked faster, and lengthened my strides, eager to get to the lounge.

I finally rounded the corner, and without realizing what had happen at first, was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"Bells..." he sighed in my ear. "Mom told me everything that happened. Are you okay? Where's Mike? I need to beat his ass. Are the other guys okay with you? Are they gentle enough? They're not rough, are the-?" I cut him off.

"Andy! Everything's fine! Actually," I glanced at my mother. "Mike and I just broke up. And he's cool about it. It's fine, okay? And yes, the guys are cool too."

He smiled, and pulled me into another hug. "Isobella, stop growing up. You're making me feel old!"

I chuckled, and hesitated to tell him he was old, but decided against it.

"The next guy you date, is required to ask me first. I want to know they're serious. If they are, it shouldn't be much of a problem." He stated.

I giggled a bit. "Andy, really? I'm 18." I stated.

"And I'm 21. But does that change the fact that I act like 14 year old?"

I sighed. "I don't feel that that metaphor is entirely fair..." I confessed.

"Oh, but it is!" He said, smiling.

I giggled, and walked back up to my room. I turned the light on, and began going through my things (out of boredom). I soon came across my Star Wars DVD set, and an idea of how to keep myself occupied came across my mind.

I pulled out my phone, and texted Tony.

Me: Star Wars marathon?

As I waited for a reply, Andy knocked before walking into my room.

"What's up?" I asked, curiously.

He shook his head. "Nothing." He stated.

My phone buzzed, and I read the text message.

Anakin: I'll be over in 10. You need anything?

"Who's 'Anakin'?" Andy asked, as I texted back "nope (:"

"Tony." I answered, I was not able to hold back the smile on my face.

"Alright, well. Be careful. And remember what I said about your new boyfriends, okay?" He walked out the door, causing me to chuckle.

Are all brothers this nosy? Or was it just my brother?

I put my phone on my bed, and skipped down the stairs. "Hey, mom? Could you make me some popcorn?"

She nodded, as I slipped on my Vans. I quickly walked across the street, and into Vic's and Mike's (not caring to knock).

"Izzy? What's up?" Vic asked, following me as I walked into the kitchen.

"You have Nutella, Vic. Movie night with Tony, and you know I hate popcorn." I stated.

"You're such a nerd." He teased, chuckling a bit.

I giggled, and kissed his cheek. "Thanks for not flipping out on me for taking your shit." I smiled innocently.

He chuckled, and closed the door
behind me.

"Your popcorn's in your room, Isobella." My mom stated.

I smiled, and thanked her. Before I walked upstairs, in grabbed a bottle of water, and a spoon. Nutella always made me thirsty....

I waited for Tony, and while doing so, I played Pokémon on my GameBoy Color.

It was a favorite pass time of mine, even if it made me a major nerd, Pokémon was fucking epic. All arguments are invalid.

"Bella!" Andy yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I got up, but walked carefully, for the fact that I was still focused on my game.

I looked up, as I came to the bottom of the stairs. I wrapped my arms around Tony's neck, and he wrapped his securely around my waist.

"Come on." I said, pulling away, and skipping up the stairs.

I tuned off my GameBoy, and places it on the bedside table.

I grabbed the XBox controller, and laid on the bed. Tony did the same, as wrapped his as around my waist, pulling me closer.

I pressed play, and we began watching Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

At about halfway through, I lied my head on Tony's chest, and closed my eyes. I had given up trying to stay awake.

(Tony's P.O.V)

As her eyes fluttered shut, I smiled. She was so perfect.

I began tracing the scars on her arms. They were what she was most insecure about. But in my eyes, I thought they made he beautiful. They made her strong. They showed that she could get through anything.

I kissed her forehead, and pulled her even closer. It was astonishing how beautiful she was.

I love her. I love the way that her long brown hair flowed perfectly around her shoulders. I love the way she plays video games, and didn't care that she was considered a "nerd". I love the way she watches Harry Potter and Star Wars. I love the way she expresses her opinion, without giving a fuck about what others thought about her.

I love Isobella Helena Santos.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo. Sorry it took me so long to publish this :/
Two comments!
Recommend!
Oh! Does anyone role play? If so, message me, please? Preferably a Pierce The Veil, or a Motionless In White fan. (:
Stay Beautiful xxx