Status: Enjoy!

My Best Friend's Boyfriend and Me

Six.

When I came to, I was laying in my dorm. I had no idea how I got there or who took me there for that matter. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked over to see Hope sleeping soundly in her bed, her hands tangled in the hair of someone...Kenny?

You have to be fucking kidding me!

I threw my covers off and I grabbed my towel and toothbrush and exited to the bathroom. I walked into a stall and I turned the water on full blast. The hot water beating against my back and it stung. It stung like last night, hell like this morning. I looked at the ring on my finger. The promise ring Kenny gave me.

Promise? It's broken...I am broken. I cannot want something I cannot have but I do. Why is this so fucked up?

My conscience was running wild and I didn't stop it. It wasn't wrong. The water continued to spray my back and I turned around and let it run down my face and hair. I sank down holding my knees to my chest and sobbed into my knees. I sobbed over broken dreams, broken promises and over my newly broken heart.

~*~*~*~*~

After spending an hour of wallowing in my own self-pity, I gather my stuff and walked back to my room wrapped up in my towel. Kenny and Hope were having breakfast laughing and being lovey...as if last night didn't happen. I chewed on my lip and looked away from them. I walked over to my closet and I locked myself in it to dress. Hope and Kenny were whispering and when I finally emerged dressed, they looked at me.

"Jemmy, I no longer desire you as a roommate. I feel that if you have these strong feelings for Kenny then you cannot be here, because Kenny will be here with me and it just makes it awkward." Hope spoke taking Kenny's hand. I scoffed and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm not going anywhere." I retorted and I climbed back into my bed and pulled the covers over my head to try and get some relief from the ache in my chest.

"Jemmy it's for the best." Kenny chimed in. I sat up in bed and I glared at them.

"I'm sorry Kenny, but you don't live here! You stay here temporarily and you leave! So it'd be for the best if you didn't stay here and stay the hell out of my way!" I shouted at him, my face getting red from anger. His face twisted into a frown and I raised an eyebrow daring him to speak. He didn't, smart move on his part. Hope whipped her head around to me and she stood up and got out of bed.

"If you wanna address Kenny you're gonna be addressing me too! I don't want you here! You tried to sleep with Kenny and frankly he doesn't think you’re that attractive. So LAY OFF." she spoke coming to her boyfriend’s defense. My mouth dropped and I looked at Kenny as I gripped my sheets.

"What you didn't think he'd tell me you were trying to get into his pants! Oops, your bad sweetie." she sneered at me. I got out of bed and I got in her face causing her to back up.

"Oh baby girl you do not wanna go there." I threw back at her. She talks a good game but if only she knew what Kenny really did. Kenny was watching intently, biting on his lip.

"Psh, back at you hon." she stated.

"Well let me start by being honest for Kenny and I, because it seems like that's the one thing he hasn't been." I stated looking at him. He stood up and Hope whipped her head around and he sat down his head hung low.

"Kenny and I have been seeing each other. Hanging out...making out. Hmm...Oh yeah he's done oral on me I've returned the favor. I mean we haven't gone all the way, but we were getting there. Oh and this ring...he gave it to me not my brother. But guess what? Last night I had no interest in fucking your lying manipulative boyfriend. I got sick from the booze that I had consumed and I vomited on both of us. Check your clothes. It should smell horrible from my puke. Since we were being honest figured I might as well fill you in." I spoke, crossing my arms over my chest. Her mouth was ajar and she spun around to look at Kenny.

"It is true?" she questioned her voice cracking. Kenny didn't speak and that was enough of an answer for her, she slowly turned to look at me, a single tear rolling down her cheek. She looked at the door indicating she that she wanted to leave.

"No, stay. I'll leave." I spoke as I pulled the promise ring off and threw it at Kenny's face.

"Here, this is yours. I don't want it, and I don't want someone that doesn't want me." I spoke, my eyes getting cloudy with tears. I turned and grabbed my coat from my closet and I walked out of the room leaving the two "lovebirds" alone.

~*~*~*~*~

I returned to my dorm room to find Kenny sitting on my bed with a black eye. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door.

"Kenny get out." I whispered taking my coat off.

"Hope doesn't want to speak to me. You don't wanna see me. I am sorry. I shouldn't have ruined your friendship. I am really sorry Jemmy. I just need someone right now." he spoke before breaking down in his hands. I walked over to him and I wrapped my arms around Kenny and he pulled my body into his. He sobbed into my chest and he begged for forgiveness. I sobbed into his hair. I sobbed for my lost friendship and I sobbed for my love and I sobbed for myself...for being so stupid to fall for his shit.

After we finished crying we lay in my bed under the covers wrapped around each other. We look in each other’s eyes and we doze...and doze until darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Goodness! This is a....interesting chapter!

I feel bad for Hope, does anyone else agree?

But I feel bad for Jemmy too...does anyone else agree with that?

Is Kenny a total player or does he truly love one of them? Who do you want to see Kenny with, Jemmy or Hope?