Memorizing Mnemonics

and here are the things that Jongin likes

There are three things that Do Kyungsoo can't stand: Examinations, Kim Jongin, and Kim Jongin distracting him during examinations.

Now, before you start to get into the conclusion that this certain owl-eyed nineteen year old is a geek; listen up. He doesn't like studying, per se. He just simply admires the collection of '9's scribbled in red on his test papers. Do Kyungsoo looks forward to seeing these welcomed digits.

Apparently; his dorm mate, Kim Jongin doesn't share the same sentiment. What with his records of skipped classes and butchered marks, Kyungsoo is painfully aware that the raven haired boy isn't smitten by pretty 9's the same way he is. Kyungsoo doesn't mind that, not at all. He thinks that everyone should just get on with their lives and live happily ever after in a land composed of kisses and marshmallows.

Yet again, Kim Jongin doesn't think like that.

That irritates Kyungsoo more than anything else in the world combined.

"And it hurts, and it hurts so bad." Shinhwa's melodic voice trembles then halts off completely when Kyungsoo slams the radio. As if deciding that it wasn’t enough, he holds the noisy music box in his arm and slings it out of the window.

"That is so much better." A smile graces Kyungsoo's lips and he squares his shoulders before getting back to his paperwork.

"Did you just throw it out of the window? Hedwig, that was my jam!" Jongin stops lip-synching and opens his eyes. There's a look of unhindered disbelief in those dark pools.

Through gritted teeth, he exhales. "My. Name. is. not. Hedwig."

"You have his eyes, though."

"So, that doesn't make me Hedwig." Kyungsoo reasons and avoids looking at Jongin because man, sweat and Jongin is not a holy combination.

"It does." The younger jumps on his bed and reverently strums an air guitar. Kyungsoo worries about him sometimes.

"It doesn't-oh, get out. This is stupid, you don't make sense." Kyungsoo grabs Jongin by his thin wrist and tows him outside their dorm. "Go be stupid somewhere else." he orders and slams the door shut in front of the bewildered Jongin.

Leaning his head against the doorframe, Kyungsoo looks at his left hand (the one he used to touch Jongin) and calculates how long he can go without washing it. Forever suddenly seems like a good idea.

you're being ridiculous, he chastises himself and tries to get back to work (without using his left hand, of course)



In the beginning, there was only Do Kyungsoo, his line of 9's, Friday movie nights, a large kitchen and a dorm room all to himself. He was happy, stress-free and his heart was complete, thank you very much.

But suddenly, certain tanned and lean eighteen year old decided to move to his university and rent a dorm; of course Do Kyungsoo's dorm is the only one that's free for sharing. Against his personal feelings, Kyungsoo complied and Jongin moved in, causing Kyungsoo to wonder whether he has killed a king in his past life to deserve something like this.

So now you have Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin, decreasing grades, pororo Fridays (Saturdays, everyday), a half-burnt kitchen, and a cramped dorm decorated with Jongin's used sweaters, socks, and shirts. Kyungsoo with his washing machine, laundry detergent, and fabric softeners isn’t far behind.

Ladies and gentlemen; May I present two teenagers.

One indifferent and the other in love.

-++-

Contrary to the cliché "I didn’t know when I realized that I was in love" excuse, Kyungsoo had known the exact When. Why. What (the fuck) Where, and How of his feelings.

It happened on a Tuesday night (October 31, 9:32 pm, to be exact). Kyungsoo knew the time because the clock was beside the large television where Pororo figures were dancing. Earlier, Jongin had proposed a Pororo marathon with Kyungsoo in exchange for cleaning his room along with the living room. Thinking that it was a fair deal and that it won’t hurt anyone, the older had agreed and that was how they ended up getting burrito-ed in warm sheets on the couch.

"Jongin, I want to sleep now. I'll go ahead." Kyungsoo had excused himself when it was halfway-over, but just as he was about to wave goodnight to his dorm mate—whom he begrudgingly developed a soft spot for—he found Jongin’s head swooping down to his neck with his eyes closed. That tyrant, seriously. Sighing, Kyungsoo stared at the slumped Jongin instead of going back to snore the fatigue away in his own bed.

Jongin was snoring slightly but Kyungsoo did not mind that. His broad jaw line, warm eyes, calm expression all makes up for it. Lord, lead me not into temptation. He had chanted while his lips involuntarily moved closer to close on the younger’s own pinkish ones.

Oh my god, I'm in love, aren't I? If possible, his eyes got even wider and he had pulled away from doing a playful kiss on Jongin (he really should cut it down with all the Korean dramas). A slight drool slid off the side of Jongin’s mouth and he whimpered. Kyungsoo had never seen anything as sweet and he felt a fraction of his heart getting sliced open to accommodate the frail and haughty eighteen-year old. There’s now a special place in Do Kyungsoo’s heart for Kim Jongin.

What he didn’t know that time was that it won’t just be a fraction. As leaves change colors and season transition along with moods and moments, Kyungsoo’s heart would be scraped to make more room for Jongin and the strong feels that he gives him.



"Class dismissed. Just go and actually study something for the examinations next week." Mr. Bae waves his hand off dismissively and Kyungsoo shuffles out of the classroom along with other energy-drained students. His mind is already swarmed with studying and memorization techniques to try out this time. Being too engrossed on his thoughts, he doesn't notice it when an arm rest on his shoulders until a booming voice yells earth to babysoo in his ear.

Park Chanyeol. The loudest half-human half-dog in their class. He’s also one of Kyungsoo’s confidant and the lover of a certain man named Byun Baekhyun. So far, he’s the tallest dude that Kyungsoo has ever seen.

"Oh hi, Chanyeol."

"Sup," Chanyeol greets in his traditionally enthusiastic tone. "Hey, what's bothering you, man?"

"Exams." Kyungsoo answers while trying to keep up with his friend's lengthy strides. It's not a really easy feat but he tries.

"Try mnemonics. Baekhyun, my love taught me how and it actually helped me a lot." There goes the Cheshire grin that he's known for. A couple of students walking around them maintain their distance. On behalf of his friend, Kyungsoo's blood starts to boil because of their sensitivity. Chanyeol is actually one of the kindest and modest people that Kyungsoo has ever met.

"Would you, really? That would be great-"

"Chanyeollipop!" From Mars, the sound of Byun Baekhyun's voice reverberates. Kyungsoo automatically steps away because he knew all too well what would happen if Baekhyun and Chanyeol are within touching distance of each other. Sin, that's what.

As if proving his point, a disgusted groan escapes his lips when Baekhyun and Chanyeol start to suck each other’s face right in front of him. Don’t get him wrong, he likes Chanyeol and his weird ways. He also likes Baekhyun and his meticulous methods. But it’s not exactly appetizing to witness his best friends do something that should have been done with the lights off.

“Maybe next time, when you’re not trying to vacuum Baek’s tongue out of him.”



According to Wikipedia, mnemonics is all about associating words and terms with a visual aid or an easily-recognizable phrase for memorization. Like ‘Roy G. Biv’ for the colors of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. The smile on Kyungsoo’s face as his fingers scroll down the Wikipedia page is nearly identical to Chanyeol’s manic grin whenever Baekhyun is near. If he pulls this off well, this can actually be helpful in his grades.

“Hyung, I’m hungry. Let’s go out to eat.” Jongin huffs from the couch, breaking Kyungsoo’s concentration.

“Not now, Jongin. I’m busy.” Kyungsoo doesn’t look up from the rectangular screen. He manages to sound like a loving mother with too much to do and so little time.

“But you’ve been glued to that screen for three hours and seventeen minutes!” With arms flailing at his sides, Jongin exclaims and tries to regain his pride. “It’s not like I was keeping count, or anything.”

His incoherent mumbling made Kyungsoo smile and shuffle out of the desk. Kyungsoo looks around their untidy living room and sighs. He knows that he should just keep on saying no and get on with his studying so that he and Jongin can clean the house later but he doesn’t. On the couch, Jongin is slightly puffing his lips out (he tends to do that when he’s upset) and they both know that Kyungsoo can’t resist him when he does that.

“Okay, where do you want to go?”



“What do you think of the ramen here?”

Kyungsoo, having been engrossed in recalling Lemark’s theories for Environmental Science, replies in shock. “The theory of need!”

Jongin has an urge to bash his own head against the table, but he stops himself because it would be embarrassing to do that in the middle of a ramen restaurant. Being with someone like Kyungsoo is a lot harder than it looks. “Hyung, relax and enjoy your meal. You’re not going to die if you don’t memorize that stuff.”

“But the exam is on next week!” Kyungsoo deadpans.

“And your food is on the table, so eat.” Jongin’s voice turns authoritative as he points to the steaming bowl in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo complies and starts stuffing food down his throat.

“Be careful, it’s going to burn your—“

“Hot! Hot! Help! Hot!”

“Tongue.” Jongin finishes and hands the wailing Kyungsoo a wad of tissues set on the table. Then it dawned on him that Kyungsoo burned his tongue, not spilled a drink. And Kyungsoo must have been desperate because he didn’t realize what it was that the raven-haired boy gave him until he tasted cotton and dryness on his tongue. Sheepishly, Jongin hands him a glass of water. “Sorry for that, Hyung.”

“It’s okay.” Once he’s drank enough and his tongue doesn’t feel like they’ve been flat-ironed, Kyungsoo comforts Jongin. “You know what? Let’s just eat.”

It’s a habit of theirs; eating quietly. Do Kyungsoo had always been under the belief that eating is an art and one should learn how to appreciate it. Because of this stubborn belief, he somehow bought Jongin to the good side and taught him that couches weren’t made to act as tables and one should never eat a full meal in front of the television. Jongin smiles when he remembers all those painful moments of pinching and pillow fights just to get Jongin out of the couch or his bed. From under his eyelashes, Jongin steals a quick glance at Kyungsoo who’s heartily devouring his meal like it’s going to be taken from him any minute by now.

“You’re cute, Kyungsoo.”

Heat races from the base of his neck up to his ears and cheeks but Kyungsoo hardly feels because his throat suddenly tighten, causing him to choke on a string of noodle. Jongin hands gently pushes his water to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo takes it with a trembling hand and gulps it all down. Jongin just called me cute. Jongin just called me cute. Jongin just called me—

“You keep on choking. I take back what I said; you’re not cute at all.” The tanned boy nestles against his chair comfortably, a hint of humor in his eyes. But Kyungsoo mustn’t have caught that, for the look that he’s giving Jongin makes Jongin want to get down on his knees and make silly faces just to have Kyungsoo smile again. He looked so heartbroken that Jongin’s hands almost reach up to cup Kyungsoo’s face in them. Almost.

“I am cute.” Kyungsoo laughs shakily and he avoids eye-contact. A cold bucket washes over Jongin because the last time that Kyungsoo laughed like that was when he failed something last month. Kyungsoo laughs like that when he’s hurt. Jongin wanted to apologize but it was already too late because Kyungsoo had moved on to a different topic.

Jongin wonders when he’s ever going to get his message through Kyungsoo without the other misunderstanding it.



The first mnemonic phrase that Kyungsoo learned was when he was cooking lunch in the kitchen. A flower-patterned apron is tied around his waist and he feels at ease, knowing that he’s surrounded by pots, pans, and various recipes. Humming Shinhwa’s hurt under his breath while trying to get the perfect taste of the spaghetti sauce; Kyungsoo recalls the evidences of evolution: Fossil records, Embryological development, Radioactive dating, Biochemistry, and Genetics.

Just then, Jongin steps out of the shower. His hair is soaked, body damped, and everything about him screams temptation. Kyungsoo looks away and gulps. At once, everything went Fuck Everything downRight Bloody and Gore.

It probably doesn’t make sense but slowly, Kyungsoo realizes that some things that gets fucked end up dead and fossilized. Everything humane or remotely mammal starts as embryos then they develop. Mr. Right won’t always be the one you’re dating and seeing your original genetics donor (parents) doing the deed is pretty Gore.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo looks back at Jongin who is now towel-drying his hair. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything and while stirring the orange sauce, he thinks because fuck everything down right bloody and gore.



It’s just five more days before the first day of the examinations and Jongin has done nothing so far but stop to stare at Kyungsoo whenever he’d see him around the campus. That’s what he does anyway, regardless of the conditions and time. He’s been creeping on Kyungsoo ever since they started to dorm together and by now, Jongin knows stuff about Kyungsoo that the older probably doesn’t know about himself. And maybe he won’t fully admit it but he can’t deny the fact that Do Kyungsoo and his wide eyes intrigued and endeared him.

“Luhan-hyung! Who is that?” It’s Sehun and Jongin doesn’t really like Sehun (he thinks he’s too spoiled and bitchy), so he lets the stuck-up seventeen year old be and continues looking at Kyungsoo as he sits outside; under a large tree, reading his notes. Kyungsoo looks particularly good today.

“That’s Kyungsoo. He’s a year above us.” Honey-haired Luhan replies in accented Korean.

Jongin’s ears prick at the mention of Kyungsoo’s name and he leans in closer—discreetly, of course. Having another guy ask about Kyungsoo is suspicious.

“Oh, he looks cute.” Sehun compliments and there’s a buzzing feeling in the pit of Jongin’s stomach. It stirs his insides and makes his fingers clench involuntarily.

Of course, Kyungsoo is cute. He’s actually more than that. Jongin thinks but he doesn’t let it on. He appreciates Kyungsoo’s cuteness but having others ogle and take an interest in Kyungsoo makes Jongin see red. Maybe he should start blocking Kyungsoo from being seen by others? That would work.

“Is he single?” Sehun digs his grave deeper. Jongin considers buying a black mask for Kyungsoo to wear (that is, after burying Sehun alive).

“I guess. I never saw him with someone other than his friends and Jongin. Maybe you should go ask Jongin.” Luhan suggest and Jongin is preparing himself to commit a homicide.

But then Sehun bounces in front of him, and he’s all rosy cheeks, sparkling eyes, and shiny hair that it nearly causes Jongin to squint. His smile is blinding and it sickens Jongin to the core. He really can’t stand this clingy guy, but then again he remembers one of Tao’s golden rules (one of which he keeps on reciting until Jongin memorize it); know your enemy.

So, he plasters a smile and speaks through gritted teeth. “How can I help you?”

“I was wondering, can you set me up with Kyungsoo?”

Jongin surprises even himself upon hearing the words that glided out of his lips. “Sure, it would be my pleasure.”



It wasn’t like he was going to give up Kyungsoo that easily.

Jongin might not be a genius, but he’s smart enough to know what to do with Oh Sehun and his infuriating infatuation with Kyungsoo—which seemed to grow every day, much to Jongin’s disappointment. Sometimes, he would mentally give himself a pat in the back for not choking the life out of Sehun whenever this caramel-haired boy would see Kyungsoo around and go all isn’t he adorable oh my god, can I just marry him already or why are you so perfect Kyungsoo.

Every day, Jongin has to remind himself that he’s doing this in order to get Sehun farther away from Kyungsoo. He tries, and God knows how much he tried. The first attempt was to supply Sehun with not-so-nice things about Kyungsoo (they might be negative, but Jongin still finds them adorable), hoping that it would turn Sehun off.

Unfortunately, the plan backfired, leading Sehun to spazz harder about Kyungsoo, calling his imperfections cute and unique.

When Plan A failed, he proceeded to plan B which involved him badmouthing Sehun on Kyungsoo.

“I have this classmate who picks his nose in public,” Jongin had tattletale one night.

“Really? That’s not very nice.” Kyungsoo had shaken his head, and continued to rummage through the desk covered with papers and post-it notes.

“I know right! His name is Sehun and he has a lisp.” There was something in Jongin’s voice, but Kyungsoo couldn’t put a finger on it at that time.

“That’s too bad; I hope that people don’t tease him because of that.” He had sighed and looked at Jongin in a way that made the younger look down on his lap out of shame. Whenever Sehun’s back is turned, Jongin’s voice would always be the loudest when it comes to imitating the way that Sehun says thienth, clath, and theth. Having Kyungsoo stare at him sadly did not make Jongin guilty about his juvenile attitude. No, not at all.

Seeing as how Kyungsoo is too occupied to pay attention to plan B, Jongin started to formulate plan C.



Kyungsoo is trying his best to rise from a sea of notes, terms, definitions, and mnemonics. Examination week had always been the hardest part of every semester for him. There are times, like when he’d highlight a passage in a book, when Kyungsoo would wonder why he’s trying this hard in the first place. His major course is medicine, and it’s not really a necessity to study the different layers of soil.

After all, you don’t really need to learn where to O horizon is placed when you’re conducting a heart surgery or something. It’s not vital, but he still tries hard just because he can and why not aim for the top when you have a chance, right?

Although this man might be busy with school work, he’s not the type to block out his surroundings. Just because his nose is buried in between pages of a thick book doesn’t mean that he doesn’t notice how Jongin’s been a bit of fidgety around him lately. Kyungsoo doesn’t like it. It makes him feel uneasy.

Did he mention that he finds it annoying how Jongin keeps on murmuring Sehun, Sehun, Sehun?

Kyungsoo is grieving over this while dropping Jongin’s favorite biscuits on his cart. It’s Friday and Friday meant grocery shopping. Jongin would usually accompany him (he’d always be the eager one), but when Kyungsoo asked earlier, Jongin refused saying that he’s got a few things he needs to work on. Jongin looked concentrated over a single piece of paper that Kyungsoo hadn’t bother pointing out that the paper is blank and just walked out of their dorm quietly.

A force bumps against his cart, and when Kyungsoo looks up; he wishes that he hadn’t. It’s a guy with a cart-full of goods. His tongue looks like it can’t be shoved back in his tongue. And there’s a cheesy grin that tells Kyungsoo that this guy is the Sehun that Jongin keeps talking about. People like him are remarkable.

“Hello! You must be . . . Kyungsoo, right?” the guy named Sehun is a little bit too bubbly for Kyungsoo’s liking.

He nods, unsure of what to make of Sehun. “I am, did Jongin tell you about me?”

“He did! I feel like I know you personally already.” Sehun laughs and Kyungsoo laughs along just to be polite. “My name is Sehun, by the way.”

Kyungsoo starts to walk slowly, hoping (not really) that Sehun would follow him. He did. “Oh, so you’re the one that Jongin keeps on telling me about.”

“What did he say about me?”

“That you’re nice, and really funny plus a great friend.” Kyungsoo lies. He doesn’t think it would be appropriate to mention the nose-picking thing.

“Not really,” Sehun blushes and tries to be modest. Much to Kyungsoo’s disappointment, Sehun keeps on opening up new topics to talk about as they wheel their carts forward, pausing to get an item here or there. Sehun isn’t really Kyungsoo’s cup of tea; he’s too noisy, too optimistic, too everything for Kyungsoo. If he wasn’t Jongin’s friend, Kyungsoo would have made up a ridiculous excuse just to get out of here immediately.

Truth be told, Kyungsoo isn’t normally like this. He’d be polite and respectful, but somehow, he can’t bring himself to show any form of sympathy towards a person who Jongin might like. Call him bitter, jealous, or even possessive; none of that will matter. Jongin might like Sehun, so Kyungsoo might not like Sehun.



Even when he arrived home three hours later, Jongin’s gaze is still fixed on the empty piece of paper. He probably wouldn’t have noticed Kyungsoo if he didn’t remark. “I bumped into Sehun today. Literally.”

As if saying a magic word to break the spell Jongin’s been blinded in, his head snaps up and here comes the onslaught of questions after questions. “Where? How? Did he say anything to you? Did he do anything to you? Tell me he didn’t. What did he tell you? How long have you been together? Are you within touching distance? Tell me you didn’t touch him.”

Kyungsoo wishes that his cheeks aren’t as red as they felt. He’s appalled, thinking that Jongin felt strongly for this Sehun person. He spat out his answers, shocking himself and Jongin. “Don’t worry. I didn’t touch him. He was the one who did most of the talking, and I don’t think that you have to worry about your boyfriend. He seems to be really fond of you.”

With a rage hot enough to burn down their dorm, Kyungsoo storms off to his room. He leaves behind a startled Jongin who stares at his back as if it’s sprouting embers.



“So only the only similarity between Lamarck’s and Darwin’s theory is the theory of acquired traits and the variety, is it right or wrong?” Baekhyun peers over Chanyeol’s shoulders to look at his boyfriend’s notes.

“I’m only sure about Lamarck. I’m not sure of Darwin’s. I wondered if I copied it wrong. I probably did.” Chanyeol shrugs. Baekhyun snuggles against Chanyeol’s arm affectionately. Kyungsoo imitates gagging noises in front of them.

“You’re making me sick.” Kyungsoo whines, slamming his head atop his notebook.

“Did anything happen?”

Chanyeol leans closer. “No offence, but you look like a wreck.”

“It’s Jongin,” Kyungsoo confides. “There’s this guy whom he might like.”

“This is a serious symptom of a Jealous Housewife.” Chanyeol imitates an old man’s speech and Baekhyun laughs, just like he always does. “The only cure would be to fuck Jongin as soon as possible.”

“Cut it you two. I’m just worried, that’s all.”

“Worried that someone might get Jongin first?”

“He has a nice ass.” Baekhyun chips in.

“I don’t know what to do. What if Sehun gets him first?” Kyungsoo groans and shakes his head. He can’t believe he’s saying this. “I shouldn’t be bothered, right? I should just concentrate on studying.”

It’s at this moment when Baekhyun rests his head against Chanyeol’s shoulders that Kyungsoo hears the smartest thing he’s ever heard Chanyeol said. “So? Having perfect marks can’t compare to having someone to come home to. You might be the highest, but what’s the use if the person you want to share the joy with isn’t there?”

No one spoke after that. Baekhyun and Chanyeol went on with studying, and Kyungsoo kept on staring at the window. Outside, the wind keeps on flirting with the branches, shaking its leaves like it had just discovered something sacred. Everything is more vibrant under the warm covering of the sunlight. Inspired by Chanyeol’s words and the truth behind them, Do Kyungsoo makes a decision that may or may not determine his relationship status.



His plan is to seduce Jongin. That’s one of those things that are easier said than done.

He’s never had a to-die-for-body, but Kyungsoo doesn’t mind as he enters their dorm after running outside for more than two hours. Sweat makes the light gray cotton shirt he’s wearing cling to his glistening skin. Hours of being under the sun somehow made some parts of his skin redder, and he’s breathing heavily.

Jongin is aware of all that when he looked up from his book.

“You’re studying?!” Kyungsoo isn’t able to mask the surprised look on his face.

Jongin would have been offended, but not really. “You’re working out?!”

“I just need a little break before studying again. Tomorrow’s the first day, right?” He walks and plops down beside Jongin on the couch.

Jongin nods and tries his best to not ogle at how Kyungsoo looks right now. He gulps when he feels a hot stirring in him that he shouldn’t feel towards his dorm mate. Kyungsoo sitting beside him doesn’t make things any easier. “Do you need any help?”

“N-no, I’m fine. Thanks.” Jongin shouldn’t have stuttered but he did, and it makes Kyungsoo smile slightly.

“You’ve got a piece of paper on your hair.” Kyungsoo’s hands reach up to take it off Jongin’s hair. When fingers brush against strands, Jongin shivers. He could feel Kyungsoo breathing near his ear and it fills his mind with thoughts that would be considered rated. He wanted to kiss the daylights out of Kyungsoo more than ever.

That night, Jongin didn’t sleep. I should have kissed him when I got the chance.

That night, Kyungsoo fell asleep with a smile on his face. At least I’m one step closer.



Relieved sighs, muffled conversations regarding the answers, flipped pages, scraped chairs, and eager footsteps echo inside the classroom. This was a scene that would be found anywhere in the world. More often than not, the first few minutes right after the exam are probably the most nerve-wracking moments one could ever experience.

I was wrong in the multiple choice, the fifth question.

I wrote the correct answer but I replaced it because I wasn’t too sure.

Mr. Bang is pretty tight when it comes to essays. I hope that he’d be a bit okay this time.

I seriously think I might flunk this one.

Those lines trail after retreating students. Kyungsoo leans comfortably against his chair, thanking God for Chanyeol and mnemonics. He’s pretty sure of his answers for both the Environmental Science and English exams. With the aid of mnemonics, and associations; he’s pretty much memorized all the much-needed terms and facts. Like how in English upbraid would remind him of braids and other severe hairstyles like Mohawks and how teenagers with Mohawks would be scolded. Upbraid means to be rebuked or scolded.

“I’m famished. Let’s go grab something nice to eat.” Chanyeol, accompanied by the loyal Baekhyun, offers. His bag is already slung over his shoulders.

“Let’s get something fancy to celebrate, even though it’s just the first day. Rewards can never hurt.”

Kyungsoo was about to reply when a painfully familiar voice calls out his name.



“Where’s Sehun?” Jongin never thought that he’d ask this question, but what with the clingy dude’s absence after the exams he can’t help but get curious. It’s unusual for Sehun to not bug him.

“Oh, he left.” Luhan replies, shoving a pen in his bag. “He’s going to confess today to that Kyungsoo person. He kept muttering about being too late or you taking a long time. Says he’ll do it his way.”

Luhan’s reply caused Jongin to bolt out of the class as fast as he can. Luhan stares at the scattered stationary that Jongin left behind, awestruck at how love can move Jongin to do something like this. In the ten months that he’s known Jongin, the younger had always been a bit secretive in a way that he keeps himself mostly to himself.

And it really doesn’t take a genius to realize that the way Jongin acts toward Kyungsoo is questionable. Luhan knew how Jongin felt; he’s a classic observer. He just chose to not react when Jongin got closer to Sehun to drive the mousy-haired boy away from Kyungsoo.

And now the universe decided that it’s the right time for these souls to find rest in each other. Luhan fixes his things, and goes out of the classroom, completely glad that he has at least witnessed a messy love story unfold. He crosses his fingers, wishes Jongin good luck, and reminds himself to buy a box of tissues for Sehun.



I really like you, Sehun’s blurted confession drew a huge, question mark on Kyungsoo’s mind.

After politely asking if he could have a private time with him, Sehun walked them to the quiet part of the campus grounds with hands that shook behind his back. Kyungsoo’s hands are shoved in his pockets, and his eyebrows are raised, asking a question that needs an immediate answer.

“I think that you’re really nice and adorable and really really amazing. I probably don’t know you that well, but if you’d give me the chance then I’d like you better than I do now. I’m sorry if I’m saying all this in a rush, I just feel really nervous because I’m, you know, saying this stuff. Oh god, this is really embarrassing.” Kyungsoo thinks that Sehun’s words can rival the speed of light. Is he a part-time rapper?

“So, what do you think?” After three minutes worth of fidgeting in place and brief glances, Sehun finally asks the frozen Kyungsoo. The older doesn’t reply. He’s puzzled, shocked, with just a hint of giddy because it’s his first time hearing something like this.

“I think that if Kyungsoo doesn’t say a thing, I’ll buy him a diamond ring. Because you know, I think I love him.” It’s Jongin and he’s panting heavily, as if he just ran from Pluto and back. He walks toward Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo wishes that Jongin would stop because he might hear how loud his heart is beating.

There’s also a tribe of eager butterflies, fluttering against the walls of Kyungsoo’s stomach, that are threatening to burst out if Jongin does as much as smile at him.

“What is this fuckery?” Sehun quips, and for the first time, Kyungsoo agrees with something that Sehun says.

“Look, the reason why I got closer to you is because I don’t want you to go anywhere near Kyungsoo.” Jongin explains, and Sehun is starting to hear the sound of jigsaw pieces snapping together in his mind. The reason why Jongin’s always trying to paint Kyungsoo in a negative light for him, why Jongin’s tone turns softer when he’s talking to Kyungsoo, why Jongin is always eager to go home right after classes all contributes to the scene unveiling in front of him.

“Oh,” was all Sehun could say. And he feels like he’s been thrown a bucketful of acid, but Sehun doesn’t mind.

“You’re really nice, Sehun.” Kyungsoo stammers. “But I kind of, sort of, really like Jongin too, even though he’s not as nice.”

“I don’t mind. As long as Jongin takes care of you, it’s fine.” Sehun shuffles away, smiling a sad smile. He thinks that the atmosphere is getting tense and that he’s emotionally unstable. Have you ever dropped a hammer on your toe? Sehun’s heart hurt like that, except that it’s a million times worse. He needs to talk to Luhan about this.

“Do you think he’ll be okay?”

“He’ll be fine. Now, worry about me.”

“Yes, I should be worried about where you’ll get the money to buy that diamond ring.” Kyungsoo teases, elbowing Jongin’s side. Jongin smirks then stops. He looks at Kyungsoo and squints.

“You have something on your lips.”

Kyungsoo’s fingers fly up to brush them. He can’t look like a mess in front of Jongin. Wait, I’ll get it. Jongin whispers, halting Kyungsoo’s wrist with his hands, trapping Kyungsoo’s lips with his own.

Kyungsoo had always imagined what it would be like if he and Jongin ever kissed. He thought that he’d feel magic smoking beneath his limbs; sort of like what Cinderella must have felt while dancing the night away with Prince Eric, or how the Beast felt when he’s released from the evil spell. It wasn’t like the movies, neither. No fireworks, no electric shocks, and even the butterflies died down.

As Jongin promised forever to him using soft flesh, all Kyungsoo could feel was comfort. It was so natural like breathing he wondered how he missed it. It’s almost like Jongin’s lips were meant to be there. And for Do Kyungsoo, this feeling could beat any fairy tale ever written.



I’m eternally lost. Lost and all alone, and it’s your love that leads me home.

The speakers are set in a low volume, and Jongin likes them that way. He also likes how light the newly-purchased curtains are against the morning sunlight. The fresh air streaming from the window isn’t that bad, too. It makes this moment perfect. It’s one of those memories that would be remembered even when his hair would turn salt-and-pepper gray.

Kyungsoo is half-naked and his back is facing him. Jongin allows himself to fall into the temptation of engulfing Kyungsoo’s skin. His long and thin fingers trace series of letters against the flesh protecting Kyungsoo’s spine.

“WYBMF? Is that what you’re tracing? Is that a term in mnemonics or?” Kyungsoo mumbles, still not looking at Jongin. It’s the morning after their first session of love-making, and Kyungsoo’s cheeks and ears are as red as Santa’s hat.

Kyungsoo feels the pressure of Jongin’s fingers leave his back, only to be replaced by his lips. Jongin traces WYBMF again and again using his lips, as if doing that would tattoo those letters permanently on Kyungsoo’s fair skin. “I guess it’s the shortcut for Will You Be Mine Forever? WYBMF is easier, don’t you think?”

“I think Will you be mine forever is easier to memorize.”

“So, will you?”

Kyungsoo turns to look at Jongin straight in the eye. He’s a tangle of scarlet cheeks and quivering lips accompanied by a clumsy tongue, but he somehow managed to make Jongin’s heart move in ways he never could have thought it would. “I will.”



There are three things that Kim Jongin can’t stand: Missing episodes of his favorite shows, when Kyungsoo purposely cooks his least-favorite food, and examinations.

There are three things that Kim Jongin likes: Kyungsoo’s eyes, Pororo nights, and Kyungsoo’s mouth on him.

There are three things that Kim Jongin uses to study: mnemonics (thank god for Park Chanyeol), highlighters, and coffee-stained notebooks.

There are three things that Kim Jongin learned a month after the examinations: Kyungsoo is prone to walking in on him when he’s showering, memorizing mnemonics isn’t as easy as Kyungsoo makes it out to be, and that Kyungsoo is the one Jongin wouldn’t mind spending forever with.

F I N
♠ ♠ ♠


This is dedicated to everyone who liked this. Hello, have a nice day & may god bless your soul.

I hoped this satisfied your kaisoo feels /It did mine/

Comments are appreciated & loved