Status: Updates when I can send them out.

Stiles and the Pack

Courage is something I'll need now.

'You're gonna die Stiles; and your mate is gonna watch it all happen.' Stiles was being shaken and he heard his name.
"Wake up, Stiles. Hey. Wake up."
Stiles opened his eyes and breathed heavily. He looked at Derek and sighed in relief, wrapping his arms around him. Tears were already pouring out of his eyes.
"It's okay." Derek whispered and rubbed Stiles' back.
"I don't think I can deal with these nightmares."
"You'll get through it." Derek continued rubbing his back.
"Can you turn the TV on?"
"Yeah." Derek smiled slightly and grabbed the remote from the side table. "Here you go."
"Thanks." Stiles glanced over at the clock on the wall and saw that it read 7:30 am. He looked back at the TV and just turned on Cartoon Network.
He rested his head on Derek's shoulder and watched the TV. He didn't even notice when his dad walked into the room until he smelt his coffee.
"Hey, dad." He smiled over to him.
"Hey, bud. How're you holding up?"
"Well. I'm in a lot of pain, but I'm alive. And that's good."
Derek wrapped his arm protectively around Stiles and rubbed his arm gently. Content with where he was; he focused on the TV.
"Hey dad?" Stiles said after a long pause.
"Yeah?"
"Does the name James Kas mean anything to you?"
"Yeah. Why?" John gave Stiles a questioning look.
"Who is he?"
"He was an old friend of your moms. Moved away before you were even born. Why you asking about a man like that?"
"I think the man who attacked me said his name." Stiles leaned further into Derek's side.
"I'll check in on the name."
"Thanks." Stiles said quietly.
"I'm gonna head back to the station for a while. I'll come back in a few hours."
"Okay. I'll see you later." Stiles smiled and hugged his father and watched him leave the room.
Derek gave him a worried look, but he kind of shrugged it off.
"I'm alright, Der."
"You look pale and your heart beat is erratic. I don't know if that counts as 'okay'." He used finger quotes as he spoke.
Stiles pulled up the blanket and shrugged. "I'm fine. Really." He stood up and made his way to the bathroom of the small hospital room.
Derek stood up quickly and helped him walk to the bathroom.
"Do you think I could shower?"
"Do you want me to ask the nurse?"
"Yeah. Please."
Derek quickly went into the hallway and to the desk on that floor and looked at the nurse and smiled sweetly.
"Hello, sir. How may I help you."
"Uh yeah. My boyfriend is in room 3A and he wants to know if he can shower."
She blushed slightly at the mentioning of boyfriend, but looked at the floor paperwork for room 3A.
"Yes. Yes he can. Just make sure that you stay near him and I'll send someone in there afterwards to rewrap all the wounds."
"Thanks." He smiled again.
"Oh here. He will need this." She smiled back, handing him a towel.
Derek walked back down the hall and into Stiles room. He saw Stiles patiently sitting on the bed watching an old Robot Chicken rerun.
"So."
"Here you go." Derek spoke, handing him the towel.
"So I can?"
"No. I'm just giving you a towel." Derek spoke sarcastically.
"Shut up, sourwolf." Stiles stood up and looked down.
Derek kissed his head.
"I'm gonna go shower now." Stiles blushed.
Derek followed him into the bathroom and watched as he blushed. Derek put the toilet seat down and sat on top of it and Stiles felt awkward and just continued doing what he was doing.
"I'm just gonna sit in here while you shower."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah. Seriously. Don't want you slipping. And I want to talk to you."
"So we have to do this now?"
"Yeah."
"Ugh. Can you help me undo this?" Stiles groaned in frustration.
"Yeah, come here."
Stiles turned around and let Derek undo his hospital gown.
"Thanks." He blushed when he remembered he didn't have underwear underneath the gown. "Can you maybe ask Isaac to bring a new change of clothes over? For both of us."
Derek examined his tattered shirt. "Yeah. Can do."
Stiles dropped the gown slowly and blushed profusely.
"You're so beautiful." Derek stood up and whispered. He wasn't paying attention to the gashes that bore into Stiles' stomach, he was just looking at his face and adoring it. "I don't know what I would've done if I lost you." His voice got quieter towards the end.
Stiles gently put his hand on the side of Derek's face.
"I love you so much."
"I love you too."
"This would be very romantic, but I'm naked and we're in a hospital bathroom." Stiles blushed more and more with every word.
Derek leaned forward and kissed him gently.
"Go ahead and shower. I'll be here." Derek spoke as he sat back down and pulled out his phone to call Isaac to bring clothes.
Stiles slowly climbed into the shower and turned the dials. He hissed slightly when the water touched certain spots of his body, but he slowly got used to it.
"You okay?" Derek asked when he hung up with Isaac.
"Yeah. Just burns a little. Der?"
"Hmm?"
"Could you maybe get in. I mean you don't have to, but it's kind of hard and I just kind of need help and it would help of you were in here and-"
"Stiles. Slow down." Derek laughed and started removing his clothing slowly.
Derek stepped in the shower and Stiles turned away from him.
"Hey. You okay?" He stepped slightly forward and wrapped his arms around Stiles' stomach.
"Can you just." He paused and looked down at his feet. "Help me." He whispered. "It hurts so bad." He slowly turned around so that he could look at Derek.
"What's wrong-Oh." Derek looked at the gashes on Stiles stomach more clearly and saw how badly in pain his mate was.
Stiles was tired. Derek could see it in his eyes. He knew that he didn't want to mess around. He wanted to shower and get the new clothes on and go back to sleep. Derek gently grabbed both of Stiles' hands and a little bit more of his pain.
"Thank you." Stiles weakly whispered.
"It's not a problem. Now let's wash your hair and get out of the shower." Derek's voice soothed Stiles.
Derek put some hospital shampoo into his hand then lathered it into Stiles' hair.
"That feels good." Stiles spoke with his eyes closed and a half smile on his face. "It feels weird having facial hair." Being gone so long, Stiles had grown quite a bit of hair on his face. "I wish I could shave."
"You look good with facial hair." Derek smiled and kissed Stiles.
"I don't like it." Stiles mock pouted.
"Come on. Let's wash this out." Derek said.
Stiles walked back slightly under the shower head and washed the shampoo out of his hair. Derek picked the shampoo up and washed his hair too then lifted up Stiles so they were in opposite places. Stiles giggled and kissed Derek.
"I've missed you so much." Stiles said.
"You too." He stopped to listen around him. "Isaac's here." He said.
"Your werewolf abilities still weird me out to this day." Stiles smiled and slowly got out of the shower. He dried himself off. He wrapped the towel around his waist and went into the room.
"Hey, Isaac." He said to the young wolf.
"Hi." He said awkwardly, blushing. He held out the backpack that had his and Derek's clothes.
"Thanks." Stiles smiled and ruffled Issac's hair.
Stiles returned back to the bathroom as Derek was stepping out of the shower.
"Here you go." Stiles spoke as he began pulling a shirt of Derek's out of the pack.
"Keep your shirt off so the nurse can patch your scars back up."
"I know." Stiles rolled his eyes, but secretly smiled at the way Derek was being protective.
Stiles pulled his clothes out of the bag and put them on, leaving his shirt off.
He handed the bag to Derek and kissed him on the cheek.
Stiles whispered to him. "Thank you for finding me." Then quickly went back into the room.
He sat on the bed and waited for the nurse to come into the room.
She came into the room right after Derek came back from the bathroom.
She was an older woman. Probably in her late 40s.
He sat in the chair beside Stiles bed as she walked up to him.
"Hello, Mr. Stilinski. How are you doing today?" She said looking through paperwork.
"Please call me Stiles." He smiled weakly. I"m fine."
"Are you experiencing any pain right now?"
"Slight headache." He answered honestly.
"Would you like any type of Ibuprofen or Tylenol for that?" She asked sweetly.
"No thank you. It's nothing I can't handle."
She picked up a pressure cuff and put it around his around and started taking his vitals.
"Everything seems to be great." She smiled. "And your body is reacting well to the medication that the other doctor had given."
"That's good." He said quietly.
"Yes. Very good. Now let's get these wounds tended to."
"Okay." He breathed deeply.
"Could you please lay down and we can get started."
He did as he was told and laid back on the bed.
The woman began cleaning the wounds then she bandaged them.
Stiles hissed in pain when she cleaned particular ones.
She was done in around 30 minutes.
She looked at him and said, "Sorry, dear." She took off her gloves and patted his shoulder.
"Ma'am?" Stiles spoke up when she was writing things down on her clipboard.
"Yes?"
"When-" He bit his lip. "When do you think I could go home?"
"Well your injuries seem to be healing nicely. I think you could go home tomorrow."
"Really?" Stiles smiled with a hopeful glint in his eyes.
"Yes, sweetie. You should get some sleep now though."
"Thanks." He said.
"No problem." She smiled and said. She left the room after attaching the clipboard back to the end of the bed where she had picked it up from.
"Hey Isaac can you step outside so me and Derek can talk for a minute?"
"Yeah. Sure." He said awkwardly and walked out of the room, pulling the door shut behind him.
"What did you need to talk about?" Derek looked concerned.
"I think I wanna go stay with my dad for a little while again." Stiles scratched the back of his neck as he spoke.
"Why? You're completely defenseless there."
"I'm completely defenseless anywhere, Derek. Can't you see that?"
"Not when I'm with you."
"Derek. I was with you when they attacked us."
"Yeah, but we were completely unaware of what was coming to us."
"Derek. I'm staying with my dad and that's final!" Stiles raised his voice.
Derek stood up and stormed out of the room.
Stiles rubbed his hands over his eyes, but refused to let the tears fall.
Isaac came back into the room and sat down.
"Everything alright?" He asked.
"I know you heard everything. You don't have to pretend like you didn't."
Stiles got under the blankets and pulled them up above his shoulder.
He turned and faced away from Isaac.
He finally broke.
He let all the tears fall from his eyes and clutched the pillow beneath his head.
Isaac sighed and laid in the bed next to him.
"He's an ass, but you know what. He'll come around. He's just being stubborn. He doesn't want you out of his sight, but he's angry that someone took you and he's angry that they kept you in a dungeon and didn't feed you properly and he's just mad that you're not telling him that you're in pain when you know he can heal it." Isaac said in his calming voice.
Stiles squeezed his eyes shut and felt Isaac's arms go around his waist.
"You're a great person, Stiles and he hates to see you in this much pain. He's just too manly and too stubborn to admit it." Isaac smiled.
Stiles smiled too. "Thank you." He said.
"Don't worry about it." Isaac moved to get up when Stiles had calmed down.
"Please don't go." Stiles said to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
MEH Title credit to Jack's Mannequin's song There, There Katie.