Tanited

CH1-Siblings

His eyes shot open as if his heart was being ripped out.
It was still late at night when he awoke. He held his chest as his heart beat calmed down. Out the window snow continued to fall. Avery sat up from the bed yawning, rubbing his neck from sleeping in a comfortable position. As he tries to move his other arm he saw something on it, his sister Aayse. She was holding his arm as she peacefully slept. Avery stroked her hair. Her hair smooth as silk and long like divine fabric along with being white like her brother’s and the snow that covered their home. Avery smirked and whispered into her ear.
“Your hair is getting long my dear sister. I may have to and should trim it down a bit. It might be a hazard to let it grow so long. ”
The hands of the sleeping sister tightened and her eyes shot open within the second. She looked at Avery as she slightly rose from the bed sitting up and turning towards him.
“Don’t you dare brother…” she pouted.
He smirked. “Heh-heh, I knew you weren’t asleep. It was way to easy to tell. You suck at lying or faking anything.” He looked at her with a smirk on his face. She glared with her azure colored eyes and a childish pout puffing her cheeks. Her eyes matched her brother’s and as well as her mother’s. She looked down at the stuffed bunny she held, then back at her brother.
Still tired, Avery reached for his pocket watch that lied on the desk beside their bed. The watch shined in the moonlight with its pure silver embellished self. The silver embellished watch was marked with an angel with one wing. He clicked open his watch: 3:14 am was the time it showed, still enough time to do everything and be done. He stood up from the bed and walked to the closet. Avery dressed in a Black tee shirt, jeans, and a dark grey cloak.
Walking towards the door Avery stopped and turned towards Aayse. She looked back at him. He walked over, kissed her head and smiled. Aayse’s expression lightened up to a warm smile back at her brother.
“Happy Birthday, Aayse.” He whispered.
“Thanks”
“I’ll meet you in mother’s study. Knowing her she’s already waiting and reading another one of her novels”
She nodded and watched as her brother left the room towards the study. Her smile quickly faded to a dim expression as the door closed.
The room went quite after her brother had left. This gave Aayse time to think about what was planned for today. Do I really want to do this? She thought along with three other things. Although the words of her brother were warm, she was not looking forward to this evening’s events. This was a birthday she honestly didn’t want. At midnight she would go under a vow.
The vow of silence, Aayse would no longer speak till half a year passed. She would no longer hear her voice speak, sing, or laugh. But with her voice taken as her price, she can develop her abilities to use Azure passed down by her mother. When the vow ends, her full potential and show how much she’s grown will show. Her brother and mother both took the task and grew into the abilities nicely her mother was a well-known traveler and guardian known as the Azure Goddess and traveled going town to town. She was skilled with her power of azure and took it upon herself to train her children. Aayse would hear stories of how her mother was strong, brave and was only matched by her father. Eden was Aayse’s father and a great man as well.
“I don’t know if I’m ready for this” Aayse began. “What if my powers of azure are already at their fullest? What if I get in everyone’s way because I can’t speak.” Aayse saw full of doubt. She felt as if she wasn’t good enough to do what was ahead of her. “I know I can never become like my mother…Avery is already so far ahead of me in our training” she sighed as she looked at the time on her pocket watch that hung around her neck: it was 4:02 am.
I guess I’ll get ready, She thought. she knew she would have to head towards the study soon.
Aayse took off her nightgown and let it drop to the floor. She walked over to the clothes she had chosen to wear for today. She wore her jeans and red blouse with a long sleeve white under shirt. Sitting at the desk with the mirror in front of her she reached for the ribbon lying near her. It was red just like her blouseshe used it to make her hair into a ponytail.
Aayse thought back to the stories her mother would tell her, about how life was when she traveled and the people she met along the way. She would hear her mother say that each person was a new friend even though most of their time together was short.
She took a deep breath and exhaled her sigh. Aayse checked in the mirror to see how presentable she looked. With one more look she nodded to herself in the mirror. She now hoped that her mother would give the same approval. She pulled out her pocket watch and saw there was only little time to spare. Aayse walk through the room to the door. Along the way she got her cloak and her bunny that she wore as a messenger bag using the strap on its back. She opened the door and left the room.