Cigarette Burns

Chapter Eleven

Matt met me at my locker at lunch, leaning against the same locker he always did. I smiled as I got to my locker, seeing him there with a smile on his face, waiting for me, made me feel important and wanted. I clasped my hand around my lock and began to spin in the combination, "hey Matt."

He turned his whole body so he was completely facing me and grabbed my books from my arms so I could finish with my lock and open my locker door. I smiled a thank-you towards him and made room on the top shelf for my books.

"So I have a question about Tony," Matt suddenly spoke.

I jumped; I was busy concentrating on putting my books away and the fact that he brought up Tony, sent shocks of fear through my entire body. I stuttered out an awkward laugh, "okay?"

Matt grabbed my shoulders lightly and turned me to face him. I kept my head bowed, but he lifted my chin up with his index finger to look him in the eyes. "Is he home right now?" Matt asked, staring me in the eyes.

I shook my head, "no, he was supposed to leave at noon."

Matt smiled, "are you up for some fun, for once?"

I let my eyes widen a little before I let a smile escape my lips. "Is this part of my surprise?" I asked.

Matt smirked, "maybe."

"Okay then, I'm up for just about anything." I let out a deep breath. I didn't care if having fun for once was going to kill me by the end of the weekend, literally speaking, but I was up for some well needed fun and adventure.

Matt smiled, dimples and all, which made me smile in return. Matt slammed my locker shut and grabbed my hand. He led me all the way out of the school and to the student parking lot. When we got there, I noticed all of the guys were all standing around the same two vehicles as the day before.

When we reached them we all exchanged hellos and smiles. I stood there in between Matt and Zacky. I was about the same height as Zacky, so I didn't feel all that small, but putting me beside Jimmy would be a completely different story.

"So, everyone ready?" Matt asked the group of us that had by now formed a circle. Everyone but me nodded their heads. Ready for what? was what I particularly wanted to ask.

"We just have to make one more stop first," Zacky pointed out.

I raised my eyebrow. I always hated being confused, but I could honestly feel my head beginning to spin. I was so lost in the conversation. Zacky chuckled and patted my shoulder, "don't worry, we have you covered."

I swallowed hard and nodded my head and then looked up at Matt and back to Zacky, "um, okay."

Everyone let out a light and easy laugh as Brian pulled out his keys, "alright, let's get this show on the road."

We followed the same order as we did yesterday, Brian and Zacky together and the rest of us with Matt. This time we followed behind Brian; street after street until we got to a nice neighborhood. We were by the All-Girls private school about 10 minutes away from our own high school. When we got to the front iron-gates Brian stopped, Matt following suit. We sat there for a few minutes until we saw a girl running towards the gate with her bag in her left hand. She waved quickly to our car and then stopped outside the passenger door to Brian's truck. Zacky opened the door and stepped out. He wrapped his arms around her waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. They hugged for a moment and then gave one another a quick kiss before she jumped into the cab of the truck, scooting to the middle seat, Zacky following her lead and then shutting the door.

We drove another ten minutes until we pulled up to a nice house on the beach. Brian pulled into the laneway and turned off the ignition. Matt pulled up to the left of him and cut the ignition as well. Everyone began to unbuckle their seat belts and climb out of the vehicles. I sat there for a moment, not sure what to do. Matt bent down to the driver side window and smiled, "coming?" I smiled and nodded my head. I took off my seat belt and climbed out of the car, leaving my bag on the floor of Matt's vehicle.

Everyone began to walk up the side staircase to the beach-house. I stared at it timidly while I walked behind everyone besides Matt. He looked down at me and nudged me lightly with his arm again. I looked back up at him and smiled. "Ladies first," he said while gesturing with his hand for me to go up the stairs first.

When I reached the top I followed Jimmy through the door, while holding it open for Matt. He grabbed the outer edge of the door and smiled at me while placing his right hand on the small of my back, pushing me further into the house until we reached a nice open and bright living room. Everything was in whites, making the place look extremely clean and straight out of a catalogue.

"This is Brian's parents' beach-house, which is funny, meaning we all live around the beach," Matt chuckled. I laughed at the oddness of that and sat down on the couch next to Johnny and Matt.

"What do you think?" Johnny asked, smiling at me while looking around the open space.

"It's really nice," I smiled back.

"Okay, so Rhi and Riley," Brian stopped and laughed. "I'm sorry, but it feels like I'm talking to the same person." He shook his head and calmed himself before continuing, "anyways, Rhi you can show Riley where the bathroom is and you two can do your thing and we'll meet you down there, okay?"

All of the boys stood up as Rhi nodded her head, "I'm Rhi, as if you didn't know. It's nice to meet you. You can follow me," she smiled while turning around.

My eyes grew big and I began to panic. What the hell was happening? I grabbed Matt's arm with both of mine and clung to him like a two year old. I pulled him with me as I followed Rhi down the hallway to a door. She opened the door and I walked in following her and pulled Matt with me. I looked around and noticed it was a bathroom. She opened her bag and pulled out something and handed it to me, "let me know if you have any troubles."

She walked out, raising her eyebrow at Matt and smirked, closing the door behind her. A moment later I heard the door to the next room beside us open and close. I released my death grip on Matt and held up what Rhi had handed me, nearly causing me to have a stroke.

"What the hell is this?" I screeched.