Cigarette Burns

Chapter Nineteen

I woke up later on in the morning in the same position as I fell asleep in. I let out a light giggle as I realized that we were still in the sand on the beach. Matt let out a light groan and tightened his grip around my waist. His eyes soon fluttered opened and he smiled up at me. I let out another light giggle, feeling light and carefree, or maybe I was just over-tired. Matt smiled wider at my light and cheerful mood before he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I went to sit up but Matt shook his head, "no stay," he mumbled as he placed his lips to my temple, kissing me again.

When the beach began to fill with people we sat up and stretched. I began to brush the sand off of Matt's back and ran my fingers through his short, dark thick hair, removing the sand as best as I could. He smiled as he caught my left hand in his. He brought my hand to his mouth and placed light kisses on my knuckles. I snuggled into his right side and wrapped my arms around him. He placed his right arm around my back and pulled my legs up and over his lap with his left hand and then secured his hand underneath my knees.

"What do you want to do today?" Matt asked as he ran his left hand up and down my leg repeatedly.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath of the fresh ocean morning air and lightly shrugged my shoulders. "All I know is that not only do I need clean clothes, I'm in a desperate need of a shower."

Matt laughed, "I think you smell fine."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I looked up at him, "I smell like you."

Matt widened his eyes, "are you saying I smell bad!?"

I laughed and shook my head, "no, not at all!"

A smirk found its way across his face, "I don't believe you. I think you're accusing me of smelling bad and saying that I need a shower."

I laughed even harder at his facial expression as he threw his left hand in the air. "No, I'm saying I need a shower!" I took in a deep breath to calm myself down, "you smell fine. If I smell like you, that's fine too, but... gah! It's a girl thing- we like to be clean on a regular basis."

Matt let out a laugh and buried his head into the side of my neck. "I know," he mumbled, placing even more light kisses on my neck while smiling. I wrapped my arms around his neck, seeing as now I was sitting on his lap with his face to my neck. He began running his hand up from my knee to my waist and back once again as he pulled me a little closer.

I heard a deep rumble and tried to hold back laughter, "I think we need to get food before we do anything today." Matt nodded his head and pulled away. He placed a quick kiss on my lips and stood up while pulling me at the same time. He laced his hand with mine as we made our way back to his car.

When we were inside Matt checked his cell phone and sighed, "6 missed calls," he mumbled. "And they're all from Rhi or Brian's beach house number." I laughed and grabbed his phone as he pushed it towards me, "it's your turn."

I shook my head and called back Rhi's cell phone only to have her pick up before the first ring was done. "WHERE ARE YOU!?" she yelled into the phone. I laughed at her concern, feeling like we had been friends for years.

"I'm with Matt," I smiled into the phone.

"Well, I figured that. His cell phone number showed up," she replied and I could tell she rolled her eyes as she most likely paced around.

"We're in his car about to get something to eat." I explained in better detail. "We're just about to leave the beach."

I could hear Rhi sigh in relief, "why the hell are you at the beach this early? It's not even 9 o'clock in the morning!"

"We woke up on the bea-" I began but was cut off.

"WHY DID YOU WAKE UP ON THE BEACH!?" Rhi cried in hysteria.

I heard Zacky in the background chuckle as he told Rhi to calm down and relax a little.

"We wanted to stay up all night. We watched the sunrise on the beach and then ended up falling asleep." I finally explained as Rhi went quiet.

"Awe," I heard Rhi breathe. "I wish Zacky did that with me, but no, he's much more interested in other things." I heard the sound of a playful slap and Zacky yell out, asking what that was for.

"Anyways," Rhi began. "The boys and I were wondering if you wanted to accompany us in breakfast at this little dinner on the beach this morning."

I quickly asked Matt and then turned my attention back to the phone, "sounds great. We'll be there in a few minutes." Rhi and I quickly hung-up and I passed Matt's phone back to him as we made our way to meet the rest of the gang.

Of course our breakfast wasn't much different from the last time we went out. Although we all paid in pairs today as Brian still had his mind set on the girl from the little 50's diner and refused to pay for us again. Rhi, Matt and I didn't let it faze us, unlike the rest of the gang who through a huge fuss over it and complained for what felt like hours. I laughed at my friends' childish antics and how much they reminded me of my family- when I still had one.

I picked at my food, suddenly loosing my appetite at the thought of 'family'. Matt picked up on my sudden mood change and slipped his left hand into my right hand and gave it a light squeeze. I looked up at him to notice he was looking at me, searching for something. I smiled, letting him know everything was fine and he smiled down at me, letting it go.

Rhi seemed to notice my lack of presence in their conversations and kicked my foot underneath the table. I raised my eyes to meet hers and she raised her eyebrows in question. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, trying to pass off that I was okay. She set down her fork and crawled over Zacky to stand in front of our table. She reached over Matt and grabbed my arm, tugging it. I quickly crawled over Matt and followed Rhi to the ladies restroom.

Rhi locked the door behind her and then turned around and looked at me. "What's wrong?" she asked, setting a comforting hand on my upper arm.

"The way that Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny bickered to Brian just reminded me of my family." I bit my lip and looked down. "I have... or had, two younger teenage brothers who always bickered and play fought. I haven't seen them since I moved out."

I heard Rhi sigh as she shook her head. "I'm gonna chunk him," she mumbled.

I looked up and let out a laugh, "what did you just say?"

Rhi gave me an amused look and rolled her eyes before repeating herself. "I said I'm gonna chunk him!"

I shook my head and laughed again. "Good luck with that Rhi," I whispered.

"You realize that Matt, or any of the guys in fact, would kill Tony for you, right? You fit right in with us; you're part of the gang, part of the family." Rhi grabbed my hand, "I'm serious." I smiled at her before she threw her arms in the air, "I'M GOING TO KICK HIM WHERE IT HURTS!" and then stormed out of the bathroom.

I ran out after her, laughing as I jumped on her back, going along with her to lighten the mood. Rhi huffed and then gripped my legs as she finished walking to the table. "Where's Jimm-" I began to ask and then all the sudden, Rhi and I were on the floor, tangled with a set of extra arms and legs. We were fortunate to land on THEM and not the floor ourselves.

"Ugh," I heard a voice croak. "My boys!" I sat up to see Jimmy laying on the tiled floor, holding himself and then noticed that Rhi had happened to plant her foot around Jimmy's manhood during our fall. I began to laugh and fell back onto the floor as Jimmy struggled to get away from Rhi, but they were both tangled with each others legs, causing more pain to be passed to him. Finally Jimmy's eyes shot open, "STOP FUCKING MOVING!" he yelled. Rhi froze and Jimmy managed to pull himself away, crawling on his knees to the both behind us. He crawled up on the booth and lay down, still clutching himself.

Zacky jumped up and picked up Rhi, laughing the hardest I've ever seen someone laugh... until I looked at Johnny, who had managed to fall off his seat in his fit of laughter. He now, like me, lay sprawled out on the floor clutching his stomach as he tried to control his laughter. Brian remained in his seat, with his forehead on the table and his shoulders bouncing up in down in laughter. Matt stood up, also laughing as he wrapped his arms around me and helped me up.

"Excuse me," we heard a soft voice. "My boss asked me if you could keep it down, or he'll have to ask you to leave." I turned to see a girl around the age of 14. I smiled at her kindly and nodded my head. Everyone placed money on the table and we began our way to our vehicles. Johnny and Brian both had their arms wrapped around Jimmy's waist as his arms were draped around their shoulders as they helped him walk out to Brian's truck.

We all said our goodbyes for most likely the afternoon and made our ways back to our homes. As we got close to our neighborhood Matt turned down my street instead and parked outside of my house. We got out of the car and I took out my keys, sliding them into the deadbolt and unlocking the door. We walked in to Tony's empty, spotless, dark house. "Want something to drink?" I asked as I kicked off my shoes and began for the kitchen with Matt on my heels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rhi's a little hystericle in this one. lol
By the way, this is for Rhi and Kayla.
(L)