Cigarette Burns

Chapter Two

I closed the screen door and then the wood door behind me and locked them. I made sure I was as quiet as I could be.

"What were you doing out there?" I heard a voice from the corner of the kitchen inquire.

"I stepped outside for a cigarette."

The voice was quiet for a few moments. "Who were you talking too?"

"I wasn't talking to anyone," I said in a sterdy voice, honest voice.

"Riley, do not dare lie to me. I saw you. Now WHO were you talking too!?" the voice demanded, getting very angry.

"I wasn't talking to anyone. The neighbour behind us asked to borrow my lighter. I never said a word."

I heard a loud bang, and felt something glide across my stomache.

"You were probably flirting with him, you little slut. Don't think you can get away lying to me without some punishment!"

I didn't move. I kept my back pressed up against the door and waited, waited, and waited for him to be done with abusing my body.

When he was done kicking and hitting me, done with letting his anger out on my body, he left the kitchen and headed for the livingroom. When he was no longer in view, I let my body finally collapse to the ground. Never would I let him see me cry. Never would I let him see me break. I was better then this. I could do better then this. But this is my only home now, until I can stand on my own two feet and have the courage to leave.

After a few minutes of comforting myself, I stood up, took a deep breath, whipped my eyes and headed to our bedroom. How could my life be this screwed up already? I was only 18 years old, and yet, I was trapped, and filled with fear that no women, that no one should ever have to be subjected too, and there was no escaping it.

When I got to our room, I stripped of my clothes and redressed myself in flannel pajama pants and a large, baggy sweater. I climbed into bed on my side and curled up into a ball, holding my knees tightly to my chest. I closed my eyes and attempted to sleep, but I knew there was going to be no rest for me tonight- just like so many nights before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh- not the greatest, but we're still getting into this young ones.
Just wait, it shall become better. =]