Cigarette Burns

Chapter Twenty-Three

I closed my eyes as I saw Tony jolt forwards. I felt Matt move in front of me and block me from Tony's line of view. I couldn't help but begin to yell and scream. Panic was raising in me full force and I couldn't do anything but scream.

Just as I was expecting to feel some impact either by Matt flying into me or Tony hitting me, I heard a slamming sound and then the house went quiet. I could swear, if a pin had dropped, we would've heard it.

I saw Matt look over Tony's shoulder which grabbed Tony's attention. When he was no longer facing us, Matt slowly pushed us back, still standing in front of me like a shield. Tony turned his full body around, finally catching my interest. I looked past him and gasped.

"Who the fuck are you?" Tony bellowed, dropping his arms to his sides.

"Brian. Who the fuck are you?" If I wasn't so panicked I would've laughed at Brian's annoyed tone. Instead I locked my arms around Matt.

Tony took a step towards him, and I could tell he was sizing him up. In all honestly, Tony had a better chance fighting Brian. They were both the same size. I frowned and felt my heart begin to beat faster once again. Brian stood his ground and crossed his arms over his chest, sizing up Tony in return.

Matt and I kept our eyes on Tony and Brian as they stood a few feet apart in the kitchen. Brian had hopped Matt's fence and came in the back door- that was the only explanation. He must have seen Matt and Tony fighting. Why else would he just walk in, and using the back door at that?

Out of no where Tony launched at Brian, knife and all. Brian jumped back but grabbed onto Tony and pushed him back, kicking him in the shin in the process. Tony staggered back and hissed in pain once again. He brought up his hand with the knife and dove for Brian again, but his hand never made it an inch closer.

I was so frozen with fear that I never noticed Matt leave my side and managed to grab Tony's wrist, keeping him from stabbing one of his best-friends. Brian furrowed his brows together and punched Tony in the stomach a few times. Matt pried the large knife out of Tony's hand as he hunched over in intense agony.

Once again I heard the sound of a door slamming, but I was still frozen in place. I felt a small, delicate pair of hands on my shoulders and arms, trying to grab my attention. When I looked up I was met with Rhi's frantic eyes, "Riley, Riley, are you okay? Riley!"

I shook my head, trying to get out of the trance I was in. I let out the breath I never noticed I had been holding in and nodded my head. Rhi let out her own sigh and wrapped her arms around me. It was then that I realized Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky were all hovered in the kitchen around Tony, making sure he wouldn't move an inch.

I pulled out of Rhi's grasp and walked towards them. I lightly pushed Zack and Jimmy out of my way and glared down at Tony. I wanted so bad to just kick him, punch him, beat him... kill him, for every time he had hurt me, for every woman, every person he had laid his hands on, but I was better then that. I refused to fall down to his level. So instead, I just glared, gathering all the hatred I had in me.

"I called the police Riley, they're on their way." Rhi spoke softly from next to me. I sighed and shook my head. I couldn't believe it was finally over. I couldn't believe I was finally free.

I turned to walk away; I had to get out of the house, or at least away from Tony. "Slut," I turned around and looked at Tony. He had a smirk across his busted lips. I let a smile appear across my lips. With all of my strength, I gave the hardest punch I had ever thrown right into the left side of his face. From his sitting position he flew back, blood spilling from his mouth.

"How does it feel?" I asked before I turned around and made my way towards the front door. When I got outside multiple police cruisers were just arriving along with two ambulances. Two EMT's walked past me as two other's walked up to me and began to question me about any injuries. I began to panic but felt it dissolve as soon as a warm hand was placed on my shoulder.

I looked up to see Matt's eyes looking down at me. "He needs stitches; a beer bottle was smashed over his forearm." I knew any injuries I had were minimal and not important, seeing as Matt came in at the perfect time.

The EMT's nodded and lead Matt and I to one of the ambulances. They sat him down in the back and cleaned his arm. He winced as the cut was being clean. I felt a surge of pain and guilt run through me. He wouldn't be hurt if it wasn't for me. The EMT wrapped his arm, and told him they'd stitch it up at the hospital as soon as they were done with everything else.

When we were alone, still sitting on the edge of the ambulance Matt smiled at me and grabbed my hand. "Do you want to see what I went to get you earlier?" I looked up and nodded my head solemnly. He stood up and led me to the trunk of his car. "Close your eyes," he whispered before opening the trunk. I did as he asked. "Okay, open them up!" He said a few moments later.

I gasped upon seeing Matt holding my sketch book that I had lost the day I ran into Jimmy. I was so caught up in things that I had completely forgotten about it. I took it from his hands and held it close to my chest, holding onto it with everything in me. I set it down on the trunk that was now closed and wrapped my arms around Matt. "Thank-you Matt," I mumbled into his chest, pulling him closer, "for everything."

Matt pulled away, only far enough to smile as he looked me in the eyes and then placed his lips upon mine. I pulled him closer but our moment was short lived. "Awe, look at the love birds," I heard Brian's teasing voice.

"It's like a fucking chick flick movie," Jimmy laughed.

"Shut up, it's cute!" Rhi giggled and then I saw a flash coming from her way.

"I swear you're going to blind them one day babe," Zacky mumbled as he wrapped his arms around her.

Johnny rolled his eyes as he positioned himself on the trunk of Matt's car and picked up my sketch book. He smiled before opening it, "how about we head to the beach?"

Matt chuckled, "after my stitches."

Jimmy gasped dramatically, "battle wounds!" He jumped towards Matt and began to examine his bandaged arm, pealing back the cloth. I laughed and shook my head, pulling myself away from them. I took a few steps towards Brian and smiled.

"Thank-you Brian," I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him with all my might. If he hadn't shown up when he had... I don't know if we'd be here now. If I hadn't met any of them, I could feel it in my blood, that in fact, I wouldn't have made it this far. I owed my life to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
LAME.
Sorry.