Cigarette Burns

Chapter Four

When the bell signifying that class was over rang, I bolted from my seat and ran for the door in the rear end of the classroom. So far, I have been able to fight off my urges to talk to Matt. I think someone is looking out for me, because it couldn't be karma- I'm not a good person, as he informs me, multiple times every day. But, we had a pop quiz today, fortunately because of that I didn't have time to talk to Matt, even if I could... even if I was allowed.

I once again swerved in between people to get to my second period class. I was moving fairly quickly through the crowded halls when I ran right into a wall. The force of it against my bruised body sent tsunami waves of pain through my thinning figure. I cursed out under my breath every cuss word I knew, in pain. I felt myself being pulled up and being set back down onto my feet. The person made sure I wasn't swaying before they let go.

"Oh fuck, I'm sorry. I didn't see you- seriously, you just came out of fucking nowhere. I just turned around and then BAM! You ran right into me and the next second you were on the ground. Are you okay, you look like you're in severe pain?"

I looked up... quite a bit to a male slim figure, his curious blue eyes scanning my face in concern, waiting for me to reply or possibly faint, I'm not quite sure. I blinked a few times as I clutched my stomach tight to keep myself from vomiting. I was about to take off when a pair of arms were set back on my arms. I winced, even though they barley put any pressure on me, I was incredibly bruised. Their face looked even more alarmed as they dropped their arms to their sides like I had shocked them.

"Are you okay? I don't think you should go to class. Here, come with me, I'll take you home or to the office." he spoke, turning me towards the office and entrance of the school.

I turned out of his light grasp and began for my second period class again. "Hey!" he called, coming after me. "Where are you going?"

I slightly turned my head to the right and projected my voice towards him, "not home."

I began jogging again and made it to my second period class before the final bell alarmed.

I didn't even notice that during my collision, I dropped my sketch book.

My sketch book that he didn't know about.