Cigarette Burns

Chapter Six

The next one to introduce themselves was the shortest of the group. He had dark hair, I assumed his eyes would be a dark brown as well, but they were covered in sunglasses. He smiled kindly at me as well and did the same as Zack, sticking out his hand for me to shake. "Hey, I'm Johnny."

I smiled up at him and took his hand to shake, "hello Johnny."

I felt the sun start to warm the other side of my face now. I glanced over and another boy had sat down, diagonal to my left. He had a fedora atop his head and sunglasses on as well. With his left hand he was picking at the fraying material on his jeans. His left knee exposed as well as other random parts of his legs. He smiled at me and stuck out his hand, "Brian."

I smiled back at him and nodded my head in comprehension.

The next to sit down was the tallest of them all- the one I ran into earlier. My face flushed a bit more, I felt embarrassed and I didn't understand why they were socializing with me. They had a reputation that they should keep up, although no one knows me... remembers me, so they most likely wouldn't care or notice anyways.

"I'm really sorry about earlier," the tallest of the guys spoke, giving me a sincere smile.

I smiled back and lightly laughed, "Its okay- it was my fault. Although at first, I thought I ran into a wall, until you helped me up and apologized."

All five of the guys laughed at my comment, smiles still on their faces as they shook their heads from side to side. "Yea, I get that a lot- pretty bad huh?"

I laughed again, "well, is it normally someone else’s fault, or am I the only clumsy one?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I suppose it's even. I honestly don't watch where I'm walking. I can see over all of your heads anyways. Damn, I'm actually surprised when someone runs into me." He rolled his eyes, "and I'm Jimmy by the way."

I smiled, "I'm Riley."

By now, Matt had already sat himself down on the grass in front of me. When I looked up, he was looking straight at me. He smiled at me, "how's your day going so far Riley?"

I opened my mouth and then closed it, searching for words. Honestly, this is the best and most stressful day I've had for such a long time. I honestly can't remember back to when my life felt as carefree as I feel right now. "It's... interesting." I said slowly, still trying to find the right words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was on the shorter side. I just wanted to update this for those who've been waiting. I'll work on part seven tomorow, it'll be longer- I promise!