‹ Prequel: No Excuses
Sequel: Let Go Gently

Just Hold On.

Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Ryan

I sat and listened as Jake talked about nothing important. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, slowly grazing over my face. They were nice, surrounded by thick long lashes. I suddenly missed the intense green of Claude's. Had I made the right decision? I didn't know. I felt betrayed and I didn’t want to hear any excuses. I knew what we had was a long shot but I never thought he would disrespect me like that.
"I have a huge penis." Jack spoke as I jerked back to the conservation.
"What?"
"So you weren't listening?"
"I'm sorry, I just got out of a long relationship and was thinking about how much nicer you are."
"We'll thanks, my mom always taught me to treat women like I would want people to treat her.”
He was so much different that Claude, nice and attentive, not holier than thou. I had a lot to learn after being with him for so long. I had lost myself in the Claude’s world and I needed to find myself.

“Hey, you holding up OK?” Raven asked me as she walked into the office a few days later.
“Yeah, day by day for now?”
"Tell me about dark and handsome."
“His name is Jake and he is a ref for the NHL.”
“Ha, hockey.”
“We shall see, he is just so different.”
“And he sends flowers.” she rolled a rose petal between her fingers.
“Yes and read the card.”

I had fun the other night, can we do it again sometime soon?
Jake

“Oh so he wants a second date?”
“Yes, should I tell him Claude is my ex?”
“I don't think you should at least not for now.”
“I think you are right, would that be a conflict of interest?”
“Only if you were the hockey player and you were dating a ref.” She laughed out loud.
“I guess you are right. Oh well, I guess I will wait for his call, then see how things go.”

Jake

I was still unsure about Ryan, she was nice and all, but she was friends with a lot of NHL players. It really shouldn't matter it was my personal life, so I contacted her.
Hi, I would like to take you out Friday or maybe Saturday night if that is OK.
Jake

Will have to be Sat, Flyers home game on Friday.
Ryan

How about after the game?
Jake

Sure, where should I meet you?
Ryan

Front entrance of the rink.
Jake

OK see you then
Ryan

Maybe I should have called, texting was a little impersonal but we really didn't know each other.

I took the ice a few hours later, ready for the game. It was fast and hard. The Rangers were playing a great game keeping it clean but the Flyers not so much. Giroux was getting a little loose with his stick and Simmonds had already been in the box twice for double minor penalties. The last buzzer sounded and the Rangers took the game with a one goal lead.
I showered quickly packing my bag and heading out. Hartnell had been in my face enough times tonight, so I tried to steered clear of both the teams.
“Good game tonight.” I heard from behind me.
“Thanks, Hank.”
“Anytime.” Lundqvist nodded.
I watched as he turned walking back down the hall.

I found Ryan standing with another woman. “Hi, ladies.”
“Oh, Hi Jake. This is Raven. We thought maybe, you and I could grab dinner with her and Max?”
“Well, I guess it is OK, I don't want Max to feel weird with me around.”
“Oh don't worry about that, he isn't allowed to bring work home.” Raven laughed
“If you say so.” I smiled
I wanted to spend some time with her tonight, really get to know her, but she must want her friends around, truth be told, I was a stranger.
We walked around the arena to the back side where the players exited. I usually didn't mix with the players, but who knows maybe I have been missing out.
“Max, this is Jake.” Ryan spoke
“Oh, I know your mug, was that second penalty on Simmonds really necessary?” he smiled
“Absolutely.” I smiled back
“MAX!!” Raven shouted at him, “Thats enough.”
“It is really ok, I am just joshing him. Where to?”

Ryan

Dinner was nice Max and Jake talked about everything other than hockey. I watched him as he interacted with my best friends, he was collected and smart. The night was shorter than I would have liked but I knew that I couldn't take him to the bar with the rest of the players, so we said our goodbyes after dinner and Raven, Max and I headed to the usual hangout.
“Ryan, Raven, Its good to see you.” Danny hugged us under each of his arms.
“Hi, Danny, tough loss.” I spoke softly.
“Well, when some people stay in the box a whole period it makes it hard to put numbers on the board.” he elbowed Simmonds in the side.
“Hey, That second call was bullshit.” he replied.
“If you say so, the zebras didn't seem to think so.”
“Yeah, cause they are always right.”
Danny laughed and grabbed my hand, “Let’s dance.”
He dragged me out onto the dance floor and pulled me against him.
“You should forgive Claude, or at least talk to him.”
“He should have considered my feelings before he let that happen.”
“Things happen, is it worth throwing away what you two had?”
“He threw it, not me.”
“Just talk to him.”
“Nope.”

I danced with him for a few songs. Then felt a familiar hand at my waist.
“Just one dance.” he whispered against my ear.
“Claude, I shouldn’t”
He pulled me close to him and laid his head over mine.
We moved to the music keeping temp but maybe a little slower than everyone else. The bass tones flowed through my body as easily as his touch did. I felt his finger run along my neck and tilt my head up to look at him.
“Je vous veux.” (I want you) he looked into my eyes. The familiar intensity burned behind his lashes.
“I am not your pick me up, Claude.”
“I want you.” he spoke again
“Fuck you.” I smiled and tried to pull away.
“No, you don't.” he pulled me hard against him.
The kiss took me off guard and for fuck’s sake, he had me. I melted, forgetting everything that had happened. I felt my body being shifted away from the crowd. His kiss searing its way all the way down to my lady parts.
“I fucking hate you.” I spoke between kisses
“Keep telling yourself that.” he bit down on my earlobe.
I felt his hands as they ran under my shirt, pulling my breast out of my bra and molding his hand to it. “Fuck.” he spoke.
He pushed me into the stock room locking the door behind us.
“Claude, please.” I wasn't sure if I was begging for more or telling him to stop.
He pulled at my pants and had them open, he dipped his fingers into my panties and found the wetness that his kiss had broken loose..
“Ryan, you are so fucking hot for me.”
I moaned into his neck, he moved over me pulling and pushing at my clothes.
Stripped of my pants Claude shoved me against the wall.
“Fuck you Claude.”
“You want to fuck me, I was planning on fucking you but I am up for a fair game.”
I hit him across the face which made him growl. “You are so fucking hot, where have you been hiding for the last year?”
He entered me quickly, I squeaked at the sudden intrusion. “Son of a bitch” I shouted.
He pumped into me pulling my orgasm out of nowhere. I shouted over the bass that was vibrating against my back.
“You have the best pussy, it belongs to me.”
“You fucking wish, asshole. Call your chicks from the hot tub, I’m sure they would love to be your pussy.” I barely got the words out when I saw stars and fell apart in another orgasm. He tore into me, filling me over and over again. In the moment was where I was, in the back of my head I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't say no to him. I grabbed his long hair in my hands and pulled as hard as I could.
“Vous baisant l'amour me.” (you fucking love me) he spoke against my ear as his orgasm filled me.
He kissed me softly, while still holding me against the wall. I felt his dick soften and fall from me. Lowering me to my feet he tossed my pants to me, then left the room.
I slid down the wall, crying as I went. I knew I was a lost cause when it came to him. He knew exactly what to do to get to me and once again I was at his mercy. I collected myself and walked back into the bar.
“Where have you been? Are you feeling OK, you are all flushed.” Raven asked me. “I saw you and Claude dancing and then you were gone.”
“I am fine, just got a little upset. I think I should go.”
“I will make sure you get home, OK.” Danny said.
“Thanks my car is at the firm, can you just drop me there?”
“Yeah, let me pay my tab.”
“I got it” Max spoke. By the look on his face he knew exactly what happened.

I climbed into Danny’s car and laid my head back. I had thoughts of Claude’s hair in my hands.
“You OK?”
“Yes.”
“If you say so.”
“Danny what the fuck do you want me to say, Claude fucked me in the storage room and I liked it. He is so bad for me, but I can't help myself. Is that what you want to hear?”
“Oh.”
“Yeah Oh, try and not make everything OK. I fucked up and made myself a whore. Claude got what he wanted and here I am, shit.” The rest of the ride was silent as Danny was trying to figure out what to say. I knew he didn't approve of Claude’s actions, but I also knew that he wouldn't say anything to him.
“Thanks for the ride, Briere.”
“Your welcome. I am sorry he did that.”
“Not your problem, Danny.”
“I am still sorry.”
“Just keep it between us.”
I climbed into bed wishing that I could climb into a hole.I heard my phone in the other room beeping so I retrieved it and climbed back into bed.
Hi Beautiful
Jordan

Great just what I needed I didn't want to talk to Jordan I didn't want to talk to anyone for that matter.
Hi
Ryan

Just wanted to see how things were going. North Carolina sure is beautiful this time of year
Jordan

I am sure it is
Ryan

You OK?
Jordan

No
Ryan

Wanna talk about it?
Jordan

Not really
Ryan

My phone rang, fucking Jordan Staal.
“Really Jordan I just said I don't want to talk about it.”
“Well we are friends and this is what friends do.”
“OK long story or short?”
“Short.”
“I went out with that guy Jake I told you about. We had dinner and then drinks at the club. I danced with Danny then Claude and got fucked in the storage closet.” I said the last few words in tears.
“Wait, What? you fucked Briere in the closet? I am so confused.”
“No, Claude.”
“Why would you do that?”
“He kissed me and I have no self control when it comes to him.”
“Lucky guy.”
“Fuck you Staal.”
“I didn't mean that in a bad way.”
“Of course you did.”
“So he fucked you then what?”
“He walked ou,t left me crying and I ran out of the bar.”
“Did you want to have sex with him?”
“No, yes, maybe, Hell I don't know Jordan.”
“You need to figure that out.”
“No fucking shit Sherlock.”
“Don't get mad at me. Do I need to fly up there and kick his ginger ass?”
“Thank you, but no.”
“I will do it.”
“I know and thank you.”
“You know I care about you , even if I have only known you for like five minutes."
"It's been more than five minutes, dumbass."
"That doesn't matter. I like you and I will help you anyway I can.”
For some reason I believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)