‹ Prequel: No Excuses
Sequel: Let Go Gently

Just Hold On.

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was sitting at my desk Monday morning when flowers were sat on it, they were white and black roses.

Tell the ref, he is mine

He didn't need to sign it, I knew exactly who they were from.
“Black and white flowers?” Raven asked as she walked by.
“They aren’t from Jake.”
“Fucking Max, he can't keep his mouth shut.”
“He would have found out eventually.”

Claude
“So I had dinner with Ryan and Raven after the game Friday.”
“Why are you telling me?”
“Cause she brought a zebra.”
“A zebra?”
“Yup names Jake, he was on the ice with us Friday.”
“Little punk, better watch himself, messing with my girl.”
“G, you had better make sure she is your girl. I am pretty sure she dumped you.”
“C'était mon nom qu'elle criait la nuit de vendredi pas le sien.” (It was my name she was screaming Friday night, not his.)
“Ne pas être connard, G.” (Don’t be an asshole, G)
“I don't know how to be any other way.” I stood walking out of the locker room.
She doesn't fucking deserve me. Going out with another guy, did she think that would make me jealous? Let’s see how it makes her feel.

The game was right and we beat up on the Sabers. Miller couldn’t block a shot that night and we walked away with a 5-0 shutout. The party was on.
“Drinks on me, boys.” I shouted as I walked into the bar.
I saw her and Raven sitting with a man and stopped short, Max running into the back of me.
“Damn it G, what the fuck?” Max asked as he stepped out of my back
“Nothing man. Sorry.”
I grabbed the first bottle blonde that cut her eyes at me.
“You up for dancing?”
“With you, Yes please.” She smiled. I looked at her tiny dress and pulled her against me
She turned rubbing her ass against my lap, the beat of the music getting lost after each drink.
“You are so fucking hot.” she purred into my mouth as I kissed her.
“I know.” I smirked
“You wanna blow this joint?”
“We don't have to leave.”
Her right eyebrow lifted in surprise. Yes, bitch I am just using you to make the girl I want jealous. I am not going to fuck you but I want everyone to believe I did.
She wrapped her hand around mine and pulled me to the hallway where the bathrooms were.

Ryan

I watched him as he kissed that tramp, if I had thought he wanted me back, I was mistaken. I felt my heart fall and knew that the last time I had been with him had been a mistake. This was the exact reason I shouldn'tw be here.
“Ry, you are going to have to get used to seeing him with other women.” Raven whispered in my ear as Max and Jake talked to each other.
“I know.” It was all I could say.
“Why are you torturing yourself?”
“I’m not.”
“Of course you are.”
“It will never work, Raven. It just won't.”
“If you say so. If you are that blind to what is going on, then so be it.”
“What are you talking about?”
“He finds out you are seeing someone and then all of the sudden he is kissing girls in a bar, where he knows you can see. You really cannot be that stupid.”
“He is an asshole.”
“He is trying to make you jealous.”
“Whatever.”
“OK, ladies and gentlemen, I have to take my wife home and try again to knock her up, if you will excuse us.” Max said as he stood taking Raven’s hand.
“Max.” she laughed as he tugged her behind him.
“Briere, you got my tab?”
“Yup.”
“Night you guys.” Raven blushed as she was pulled away.

We left shortly after that and went back to my place. Sports center was on and we watched the highlights. “I cannot believe you missed that checking from behind call.”
“I can't catch everything thing.”
“Yeah well he deserved to be in the box.”
“Of all the calls I missed, you are worried about one on Giroux, Why?”
“He is my ex.”
He looked up at me in shock.
“Claude Giroux is your ex?”
“Yes.”
-“Why the fuck didn't you tell me?”
“It wasn’t important, then.”
“But it is now?”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Are you over him?”
“No, but I like you.”
“I like you too, but maybe you should get over him first.”
“I am, its just hard when my best-friend is married to his friend. They hang out together, so he is usually pushed in my face.”
“Well maybe we shouldn't hang out with them.”
“You are probably right.”
He left a little after one, so I curled into my bed, dreams of Claude, lulling me to sleep.

Claude

My behavior the next game got me benched and fined. I hit Jake on the ice trying my best to make it look like an accident, but my temper got the best of me.
The doorbell rang and I went to answer it.
“What the fuck is your problem?” Ryan shouted as she shoved into the door.
“I don't know what you are talking about?”
“Don’t be coy with me, Claude.”
“I’m not.”
“You fucking hit him on purpose, just can't keep it off the rink.”
I grabbed her to me, kissing her hard.
“Get the fuck off of me.”
“No.” I kissed her again and she melted against me.
I had her pinned up against the wall in a few steps. I loved that her body would betray her every time.
“You don't get to do that anymore. You fucking asshole.”
I pulled her shirt over her head, grabbing her nipple with my teeth, as I dropped it to the floor.
She struggled against me, not trying to get away but also not trying to give in.
“You fucking want this.” I spoke as I rolled her nipple between my teeth and lips.
Her hands wrapped around my shirtless back, nails digging in along my ribs..
“Fuck, yeah.” I grabbed her ass, pushing my gym shorts out of the way. .
“Sweet Jesus.” she shouted. “Claude STOP.”
“Get off of me.” She spoke
I stood there looking at her in shock.
“What you don't like what you see?”
“No, Claude I am seeing someone else and you keep forgetting that.”
“You wish it was me.” I stepped in to kiss her and she pushed me away.
“I said stop.”
I watched her pull her shirt back on then,huff, turn and slam the door.
I would never understand women, never in a million years...

Ryan
I had to quit letting him get to me like that. I wanted to stomp back up to the door and tell him everything I hated about him, I wanted to cuss him out and tell him he wasn't worth it, but if I was honest, I missed him.

“Hello?”
“Hey, you have a minute?”
“Sure, what’s up?”
“I need some advice about Claude.”
“Stop sleeping with him.”
“Max, don't be a jerk.”
“Well you are going to have to stop sleeping with him. It has to be that way. Either you are together or you aren't.”
“He embarrassed me and I am not sure he didn't cheat.”
“Talk to him.”
“I can't, he will suck me back into Claude’s world and I will get lost forever.”
“You seemed pretty happy when you were lost.”
“I guess I was.”
“Well, there is your answer.”
“I wish it was that simple.”
“It could be.”
“You guys are really that simple, huh?”
“We try to be. Look, it took me years to find Raven and I am happy as hell with her. I want you to be that happy with G, but you are going to have to understand that pictures are going to pop up from time to time and I get that he should have warned you but he is new at this too.”
“We have been together for over a year and nothing like this happened before.”
“Had been, and no probably not, he was in Germany and then home for a few games and then summer.”
“You just have all the answers.”
“Not all of them, just most.”
“I hear ya, I still don't think I can do this.”
“It’s your choice, but no matter what his heart is yours and if you don't see that then you are blind.”
“He has a funny way of showing it.”
“Don’t we all.”
“Touche’”
“Call him.”
“Maybe.”
“Well at least dump the zebra, that is going to be nothing but trouble.”
“I know. He is really nice though, He has done nothing but be good to me.”
“You love Giroux.”
“I don't know if that is true anymore.”
I shouldn't have called Max, but who else would be honest with me. Claude never told me he loved me. He never treated me like I was it for him. Maybe I should call him, but I text Jordan instead. He had told me anytime I needed to talk to Claude to call him
Hey
Ryan

Hey Lady whats up change your mind about North Carolina?
Jordan

Will you ever give up?
Ryan

With you NO!!!!!
Jordan

I hear you, I just wanted to let you know I said no to Claude for the first time
Ryan

Fucking right
Jordan

It made me feel good
Ryan

I am so proud of my adopted Staal sister
Jordan

How can I be your sister, yet you are still trying to get in my pants
Ryan

you’re hot
Jordan

That is all kinds of ways wrong Jordan
Ryan

Well You are adopted, no laws against that
Jordan

HAHA
Ryan

Glad you are amused
Jordan

With you always
Ryan

:D
Jordan

I never know what your big blonde self is going to say
Ryan

Yay, you didn't call be dumb
Jordan

It was implied
Ryan

Ha Ha Ha
Jordan

You know I love ya
Ryan

Love you too
Jordan

Talk to you later
Ryan

Night, Staalzy
Jordan

Thats your nickname
Ryan

Consider it a gift to my ADOPTED sissy
Jordan

I dropped my phone and smiled. I love Jordan Staal, I swear I do.

Claude

“Oui”
“You have to quit fucking her.”
“It’s not gonna happen, anyway I can get to her I am going to do it.”
“Have you at least tried to have a decent conversation with her?”
“Nah, I just kiss her that usually shuts her up.”
“You are such a fucking asshole.”
“I try.”
“You are making it hard for me G, try and talk to her. She misses you.”
“She has a funny way of showing it, parading around with that zebra in my bar.”
“He didn't know about you, she didn't tell him.”
“That doesn't surprise me.”
“Maybe she cares enough about you to try and keep you off the bench. She knew exactly what you would do, I should have never told you.”
“That bitch cost me twenty five grand.”
“No, you cost yourself that fine.”
“Fuck you Talbo.” I spoke and then hit end.
Why in the hell was everybody telling me what I needed to do. I tried to talk to her and she won't hear it. What else am I supposed to do. I will not bow down to her. I am Claude fucking Giroux and if she wants to be with me then she will have to deal with everything that comes with it.

Practice sucked, Max wouldn't speak to me, Briere, Hartsy and Simmer followed suit.
I grabbed my gear and walked to the car, climbing into the drivers seat I saw a tube of chap-stick that had belonged to Ryan. I smiled as I rolled it between my fingers. It was the tube I had stopped and bought for her on the way to Max and Raven’s wedding. I was soon engulfed in the memory of that day.

“I need some chap-stick, I must have left mine in my other purse.”
“I need to get gas so I will grab you some when I go in the store.”
“Thanks.”
She had kissed me softly, as I adjusted in the seat of the car.
“This is going to be so much fun. I know it is a small wedding, but sometimes those are the best.”
She smiled brightly over to me, I took her hand kissing each knuckle as I spoke.
“You are one special girl, I am glad I found you.”
“Aww Claude, sometimes you are so sweet.”
“Don’t tell anyone.”
She laughed at me and we continued the drive up to the small winery outside of Philly.
“G, how’s it going?” Sidney asked
“Just another wedding that I am glad isn't mine.”
I looked over at her and smiled but I saw her face fall a little.
“One day I will cross over that bridge, I guess.” I pulled her hand to my lips and gave it a soft kiss.
“Yeah, maybe.” she gave me a half smile and then left to go find Raven.
Max had looked so nervous standing up there with Sam as his best man. Sidney and Stephanie had walked Raven down the aisle, It had been simple and quick.
“After pictures we will meet down at the old barn.” Max had instructed everyone to start heading that way. The entire wedding only contained about 100 people, mostly hockey players and their dates.
I looked around and saw Lundqvist, Hartsy, Crosby, Letang. Malkin, Neal, Staal, Fleury and all of the rest of the Flyers boys.
We stood around waiting as they readied the couple to come in together for the first time.
“I now introduce to you for the first time. Mr. and Mrs. Maxime Talbot”
Our win song roared through the pa system and the entire team was up dancing.
One, two, three, four, some crazy ass kids come a knocked up on your door. so let’em in
let’em in let’em in, Hey! The whole room was cheering and laughing.

They cut the cake and there was no shoving it in each others faces much to the dislike of all the players. Sidney gave a great toast to them. The bonds that we make as players sometimes amaze me. Even when on the other side of the puck, we still would have each others backs.

“This is really nice, I am so glad I was able to come.”
“You are one of Raven’s best girlfriends, why would she not invite you?”
“I don't know, I have never been to a wedding before.”
“Never?”
“Nope, never.”
“They can be fun, but nothing is better than dancing and getting all hot for each other, then having a good romp in the sack.”
“Is that all you think about Claude Giroux?”
“When it comes to you, yes.”
She shook her head turning back to watch the crowd of boys as they huddled around Max.
Raven was sitting with Sam on her lap, laughing at the boys and I had to find out what was going on. I walked into the circle and almost lost it. They had Max tied up in a chair with tape, and they lifted him carrying him and the chair over to Raven.
“We wanted to make sure he never got away.” they spoke together. Briere leaned in giving Raven a small peck on the lips, Max rocked in the chair as a string of cuss words tried to make their way around the tape over his mouth. The entire crowd roared with laughter. I saw Stephanie pick up Sam and take him towards the back, I guess she knew what was coming. Raven stepped over to Max, Slowly lowering herself over his lap, and pulled the tape slowly from his mouth. “I love you, Maxime Talbot.”
“I Love you, Raven Talbot.”
Everyone laughed as she gave him a small, yet very inappropriate lap dance.
“Fuck you, Max.” the boys shouted.
“You guys just don't know what you are missing.” he grinned as Raven slide her ass over his lap and leaned over and licked his lips.
“Somebody get a fire extinguisher.” I heard Hartsy shout.
The DJ played It’s getting hot in here, and we all laughed and danced the night away. The small rooms were nice and as I pulled Ryan over me that night I think I realized for the first time that I did love her. I wanted all of this, the wedding, children and stability. I could keep secrets if I had too.

As I came back to the here and now, I saw her standing looking at me as I held the chap-stick up to my nose to smell it.
Cherry.