‹ Prequel: No Excuses
Sequel: Let Go Gently

Just Hold On.

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I opened the car door, stepping out and speaking to her. “Hey”
“Hey” she answered
“What are you doing here?”
“Rode over with Raven and Sam, Max was going to work with him a little today.”
“Can we talk?”
“There is nothing for us to talk about.”
“Yes, there is.”
“Look Claude, I am trying to move on and I cannot keep trying to hide my feelings for you. I can't keep letting myself get caught up in this web, it isn't good for me.”
“I know and I want to fix it, but you won't even give me a chance.”
“I just can’t do it to myself anymore. You aren't ready for what I want and to be honest I am not sure I am ready for what I want. Can we just be friends and see how that goes?”
Oh FUCK the dreaded friend card, it was bullshit.
“I don't know if I can be just your friend.”
“That is all I can offer for now.”
She turned walking into the rink, I wanted to follow her, I had to make her see that she was what I wanted.
“Friends” I mumbled to myself as i climbed back into my car.

Ryan

I walked into the building and lost the tears as Raven looked over at me.
“Dear God, what the hell?”
“Claude caught me before I could get back inside.”
“Did you talk to him?”
“I told him we needed to be friends, at least for now. I told him that I wasn't ready for... Hell i don't know what I am ready for. I want him Raven, I want him so bad, but I am not sure he is what is right for me.”
She pointed across the rink at Max “You see that man out there?”
“Yes”
“That man was everything I didn't want and everything I needed at the same time. He has showed me that I am worth it and that I can have the love I deserve. If you love G, which I think you do, you have to figure this out before you regret it. I just wish that he had gotten to you before that stuff hit the internet. Do you even know what happened?”
“No, I never asked it is pretty self explanatory, you saw the picture.”
“Yes, and I probably would have been mad at Max, but it was for charity. Those women gave a thousand dollars to have a picture taken with your man. They wanted to be topless but he refused.”
I looked at her in shock, my mouth was dry and I couldn’t make any words.
“You should have heard him out. It would have avoided all this. Go and call him, actually take my car and go see him.” she handed over her keys and I took them without saying a word. I hugged her, then left.
I sat in the car for a minute, i pulled my phone out and called Jordan
“Ryan, you OK?”
“Yes, I just found out what happened with the picture.”
“I am listening.”
“It was a charity thing kinda, he did it so the girls would donate money to Hartsy’s non profit.”
“Hartnelldown?”
“Yeah that one, I should have listened to him.”
“He should have warned you first.”
“I know, but I have to talk to him.”
“Just be careful, I want what is best for you and I wouldn't be lying if I said it was me.”
“Jordan you have a girlfriend.”
“I can have two, well as long as they don't know about each other.”
“You are an ass and I would never date you just for that statement.”
“I bet you smiled.”
“Yes, I did.”
“My work here is done, go talk to your boy. Make sure you tell him that I will kill him if he hurts you.”

Raven

Max skated over “What was that all about?”
“I just told her about the picture.”
“Is she going to see him?”
“Yes, I hope so, those two mopey butts are getting on my last nerve.”
“I hear ya, I thought their wedding would be the next one.”
“It may still be.”
“I love my optimistic wife.”
“You should, since I am carrying your child.”
“You carry him around all the time, he will be too big.... Wait..” His smile was wide, he shuffled off of the ice and grabbed me up in his arms.
“All that hard work finally paid off?”
“Yes, finally.” I laughed. He cut my laugh off with a deep soft kiss.
“MY WIFE IS PREGNANT” he shouted to the empty arena.
“Sam, your Mommie is going to have another baby.”
“I know.”
“You didn't tell me?”
“Nope, it was a good secret.” he laughed then skated off again.
“That little booger.”
“It works both ways Max, He did tell me he didn't want a sister.”
“I just want healthy.” I have to call Sid.
“Our boys will play hockey together.”
“You are already planning this child’s life, poor baby.”
“Only if he loves it.”
“You are always about the future.”
“Better than being about the past, love”

He reached and grabbed his phone and dialed Sid.
“Max, hey” Sid spoke over the speaker phone
“Get Steph, I have some news.”
“Everything OK?”
“Just get Steph.”
“Steph, Max is on the phone says he has some news, wonder if he is coming back to Pittsburgh” We heard him speaking through the phone.
“Hey Max” we heard Steph
“OK, we are ready?”
“We are Pregnant!” he said with pride.
“Damn my man, that is awesome.”
“I am over the moon.”
“I bet you are, be good to her and listen to the doc and don't be all crazy like me.”
“Your little bundle should be here soon right?”
“Yeah in the next week or so.”
“Well, let us know.”
“You will be my second phone call, my mom is already here to help if needed, but Taylor is my first call.”