‹ Prequel: No Excuses
Sequel: Let Go Gently

Just Hold On.

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Claude

“What was that?” She asked me.
“He got what he deserved.”
“He pulled you by your stupid little puppet strings.”
“What?”
“Are you that big of a moron that you didn't think maybe Jordan did that just to get at you?”
“I don't want you talking to him anymore.”
“You don't get to tell me what to do.”
“He isn't good for us.”
“Things were fine until tonight. What, you have a little disagreement on the ice and everything changes? You tolerate Sidney for Christ’s sake and everyone knows you don't really like him.”
“He isn't calling you.”
“Jordan is my friend and will continue to be my friend and you are going to have to work that out.”
“I don't like it.”
“And I don't like naked women in a hot tub all over my man showing up on social media. Maybe Jordan could donate a grand to Hartnelldown, in exchange for being friends with me.”
“That's not fair.”
“Yeah , it is. I am going to have a few drinks with my friend either you are coming or you can go home, I really don't care.”
“I am going home don't feel much like a party.”
“Then I will see you later.”
“I love you.”
“I love you too Claude but you fucking infuriate me. Oh,and don't worry Jordan is going to get his ass reamed too. I am not a fucking prize for you two to fight over.”
“I know and I am sorry.”
“You should be.” She turned walking to the other side of the arena.
Great all I wanted to do was stick up for Max and I had played right into Jordan’s hands.
“Fucking Staal” I spoke out loud to myself.

Ryan
I watched as Jordan walked out of the locker room. I think he was a bit surprised to see me. He had a bruise over his left cheekbone and I was kind of glad it was there.
I reached for him and spoke firmly into his ear, so no one would hear me.
“Don’t you ever pull shit like that again.”
“I don't know what you are talking about.”
“Cut the shit, do not do that to Claude. It isn't fair and it will make it harder on all of us. You need to apologize to him.”
“I am not going to do that. He’s an ass and doesn't deserve you.”
“Yes, you are and yes he does.”
“Maybe tomorrow, he beat me up pretty good.”
“You deserved it.”
“Yeah, I guess you are right. I’m sorry.”
“Good. Now can we go have a few drinks before I have to go a month without seeing you? Oh and you have to donate a grand to Hartnelldown for being friends with me.
“What? Why?”
“Cause I threw you under the bus. I was yelling at Claude about the donation those girls made and I told him you would do the same to be friends with me.” I smiled my best sheepish smile.
“Done.”
“Drinks?”
“Yes.”
“I want my thousand dollars worth tonight.” He flashed his dimples at me.
He grabbed my hand tugging me along. There was a cab waiting and we climbed inside.
We walked into a bar where none of the other players would be. I ran right into Jake as I walked in.
“Ryan.”
“Jake.” I hugged him
“How are you.”
“I am good, this is Jamie.”
“Nice to meet you Jamie.” I took her hand.
“This is Claude Giroux’s girlfriend.”
“But you are Jordan Staal.” she smiled over to Jordan
“Yes I am.”
I smiled to Jake, and walked away.
“Well that was awkward.”
“Was that the zebra?”
“Yes, and his date I guess.”
“Are you jealous?”
“No, I am here with you ,what is there to be jealous about?”
“You are finally getting it little sister.”
“Yeah I guess I am.”
“Jordan do me a favor.”
“Anything.”
“Stop goading Claude.”
“It was a clean hit on Max and he shouldn't have started a fight with me. I only nodded to you, I really wanted to wave.”
“Just stop, he knows we are friends, he doesn't like it but I won't choose you over him. That isn't fair, don't make this a choice.”
“I’m sorry Ryan, I was just caught up in the game and didn't think about how it would make you feel.”
“ OK, thanks. Enough with the heavy.”
“Dance?”
“Yes but no touching.”
“How can I dance with you and not touch you?”
“Just keep it clean.”
“That I can do.”

I enjoyed my evening with Jordan and wanted to climb in bed with my man. I knew he was mad but to some extent I was still a little pissed at his testosterone display tonight.
I climbed in bed behind him and held him to my chest.
“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.
“I am too.”
He adjusted rolling onto his back. “I don't want Jordan to come between us. I just don't know how to handle him on the ice.”
“Just ignore him, He is sorry and I told him not to make me choose between you and him.”
“Would you choose me?”
“ Every time.” That earned me a kiss and Claude pulled me over him.
We had good sappy sex that night it was just what we needed.
When I rolled over, the next morning, I heard Claude on the phone.
“Its cool man, but she is mine and you should know that.”
I walked into the room and listened.
“It is fine and no I am not mad at her.” I realized he was talking to Jordan.
“ OK, See you next game.”
He hung up the phone and turned looking up and finding me standing there.
“Jordan called to apologize.”
“He told me he was going too.”
“He isn't a bad man. I just want you all to myself.”
“I understand that Claude but he helped me through some rough times and I love him like a brother. It will never be more than that.”
“I trust you.”
“Good.”

Claude

I got a text from Hartsy before lunch.

Why did Jordan Staal just donate a thousand dollars to Hartnelldown?
Hartnell

Shit
Claude

What?
Hartnell

Long story
Claude

Spill it fucker
Hartnell

Well....
Claude

My phone rang
“What?”
“I figured this had something to do with you.”
“So, as Ryan was jumping my ass last night, she brought up the girls in the hot tub thing and told me she was absolutely sure Jordan would donate a grand to be friends with her. I cannot believe she told him that shit.”
“That is the funniest thing I have ever fucking heard.”
“It is not funny.”
“It absofuckinglutely is.”
“Fuck you Hartsy.”
His roar of laughter was ridiculous. Fucking Jordan Staal. I knew they were friends but I didn't know he was that creative.

Ryan and I met several of the boys for lunch, Taking a day off before our next road trip.
“Tell Jordan thank you for the donation.”
“What?”
“He donated a grand this morning to Hartnelldown.”
“He didn't.”
“Yes he did.”
I watched as Ryan flushed red.
“I didn't think he would actually do it.”
“He did so tell him thanks.”
“Here text him.”
She handed her phone over to Hartsy.

Hi, thanks for the donation, I have Ryan’s phone Hartnell
Ryan

You got it.
Jordan

You are a piece of work my man
Ryan

I try, tell her hi for me.
Jordan

Handing her the phone.
Ryan

Thanks
Jordan

Hey
Ryan

Hey how are things? You and the boy good?
Jordan

I cannot believe you did that and yes
Ryan

I would do anything you asked
Jordan

I see that :)
Ryan

OK, enjoy your lunch I will talk to you later.
Jordan

Later
Little Staalzy

Love :)
Jordan

She laid her phone back on the table and started interacting with the guys again.
Lunch was brief and we had to get back so I could pack for the next road trip.

“see you in a few days.”
“Are you still mad that Jordan donated that money?”
“Yes”
“Don't be an asshole right before you leave.”
“I don't know how to be any other way.” I turned closing the door behind me.

I was excited about our trip to Toronto, I had a lot of friends up there and I was ready to party down with them.

The plane touched down and we got our bags and headed to the hotel
“You going to dinner?” Harsty asked
“Nah, gonna hook up with some friends.”
“Ok just remember curfew at 11.”
“Yes, I remember.” I waved as I walked by.

I found them waiting in their car outside of the hotel.
“Hey guys.”
“Claude.”
They answered. My boy Jack had done as I asked and I looked over to the girl.
“I have waited a while to see you again.”
“I am always here Roo.” she smiled.
I had a thought of Ryan and what we had, but I needed a little bit of Claude time and this is where I found it. The bro code on the road was tight so I knew even Max wouldn't say anything to Raven.
I leaned over in the back seat and kissed her softly on the mouth. “I have missed those lips and their vanilla gloss.”
“I only wear it for you.”
“Its a good thing.”
“You jealous?”
“Nope cause I am the best you have ever had or will have.”
“Yes, I know.”

Charlotte knew what I wanted and she gave it to me. There was no work involved and that was how I needed it to be. I loved Ryan, but I was kind of stuck in that. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. I was Claude fucking Giroux and everyone knew it. Ryan was a challenge for me and I would fail miserably. I had been faithful in Philly for a long time and it had got me nothing but great sex when I was home. I started thinking about how much she distracted me and maybe a good fuck would bring me back to center.
The simple fuck was sometimes exactly what got me through the day. Ryan was a front for everyone to see and Charlotte and a few others were for me to know about. I knew Simmonds and Hartsy knew. Max would fucking kill me, but it really wasn't any of his business.

Ryan

Dinner?
Ryan

Yes
Raven

7
Ryan

6?
Raven

Sure
Ryan

OK we will pick you up
Raven

OK
Ryan

I waited for Raven and Sam. I knew they were lonely, so I always tried to get them out when I could.
“Where you want to go?”
“ Doesn't really matter.”
“ OK” she drove to a small deli near the arena that we both liked.
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Sure”
“Does Max ever act weird before he leaves?”
“No, Why?”
“Claude always acts weird, I don't know that it means anything, but i just don't get it.”
“I wouldn't worry too much.”
“Thanks”

I pulled out my phone, texting Claude

Hey hope your flight was good I know you are there Raven talked to Max, Be safe see you Friday.
Ryan

I didn't get a response so I put my phone away and entertained Sam for a bit.

The plane had landed an hour ago and the boys were still in a meeting so I waited outside of the locker room, I decided to walk to the ladies room to put on Claude's favorite red lipstick.

“You are a bad man. you know that.”
“It was just some fun on the road. I have been fucking that girl on the road for a years.”
“What about what is at home?”
“She will stay there, she loves me.”
“I think you had better be careful.”
I bumped the sticks knocking several to the floor so they would know I was there. The voices stopped and started talking about practice.
I turned and walked to my car in total shock.
“Raven, can I come over there tonight?”
“Are you OK?”
“No.”
“Yes, I will be waiting.”
I drove to her house, not really knowing what to think.
“What in the world.”
“I think Claude is sleeping around on the road.”
“He what?” Max shouted.
“Get the fuck out of here Max, this is between us.” she pointed towards the bedroom.
“I want to fucking...”
“MAX!” he shook his head and walked away.
“I don't know how to prove it, fuck.”
“OK, here is what we are going to do. She pulled her laptop into her lap and went to a website that I had never seen before. I watched as she pulled up Claude Giroux on the page and then went to girlfriend section.
“What is this?”
“Just wait.” she scrolled and stopped. "Look here, there was a post from yesterday by a girl name secretroolvr :I had a great night with Roo in Toronto.:” she read out loud
I almost vomited.
We went through post after post of women that had slept with him, while we were together. I wanted to kill him.
“Lets be smart about this. I am sure he doesn't visit this web site so lets do some checking.”
I watched as Raven became a member of this club.
::I am putting together a book and need pictures of Claude Giroux in every city with a different girl if you have any and want to have yours added please submit to my inbox so I can include you. Thanks Ladies and happy laying! ::

“ OK lets sit back and watch.”

Her inbox lit up 15 messages in 20 mins.
There was girl after girl looking for her 5 minutes. “They aren't very smart.”
“Neither am I.”
“Don't say that.”
“I was a stupid woman for believing that he loved me.”
“Yeah well then Max and I are stupid too.”
“I have an idea.” I spoke in anger