Status: Here Goes Nothing.

Just Give Me One Night

Preface

Snowflakes were in the air and the mountain winds where pushing the mercury in the thermometer out on the porch way past twenty degrees Fahrenheit tonight.

But that didn't matter to me, nor Andrew.

No we had somehow managed to get a beautiful fire going in the stone fireplace between the kisses I kept stealing from him and the sidelong glances he was making towards me as I restrained myself and stayed huddled under the blankets from the bedroom.

We had met in college, and by complete mistake too. Andrew was trying to make a pass at my roommate when I may or may not have distracted him; that's up to who you ask for their side of the story. It wasn't my fault I could talk sports, play video games, and easily name off what country song he was playing, that was just who I was and he happened to find it attractive.

After sneaking behind my roommate Amy's back, and somehow managing not to tip Andrew's roommate Shannon off, we spent more then just one night together.

Some nights talking about our lives, some about fears, and others just snuggling up to each other and wishing the night would never have to end; those were the nights I liked the most though. The first month was just as it sounds, we slept together. As in, he'd take up all the pillows and blankets and I'd huddle against him for warmth as we both snored through the night before the alarm went off for classes. It was harmless, for the most part.

What the girlfriend back home don't know about don't hurt


Yeah, that was something that took most people by surprise.

We'd get asked if we were dating and he'd flash the screen save to his phone that was of Tamara and explain that he and I were just friends and that she was his real girlfriend.

Easy enough for him to say.