Status: Hiatus

Where I Belong

Hello there stranger

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I don't even know these people! What if they think I'm weird and kick me off their property?
I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I had been lied to my whole life!
I wanted to be angry with my so called parents, but I just couldn't. They loved me, and now their gone...
I shook away my thought as I walked up to the unfamiliar door, with my duffle bag and backpack in hand holding the only possessions I had left.
It's now or never. I took a deep breathe before knocking on the wooden door twice and taking a step back.
A very beautiful woman with blonde hair opened the door and smiled at me. I smiled back out of habit.
'Hello! What can I help you with?'
'I'm sorry to bother you but is there a Matthew Charles Sanders here?' I said reading the name off the piece of paper the lady at the orphanage had given me.
'Oh sure, hun! Come on in.' The lady said, gesturing me inside. 'Matt, someones here to see you!' She called throughout the house before turning around and smiling down at me. Her smile was so contagious that I couldn't help but send her a wide smile back.
'Oh my gosh! You have the most adorable dimples! My boyfriend Matt has dimples just like those!' She exclaimed pointing to my cheeks.
So she was the girlfriend?! Hmm...
Suddenly a very tall, buff and heavily tattooed man came walking down the hallway and beside his girlfriend. My eyes widened at how much he towered over me.
'Hey, what can I help you with?' He said while looking at me skeptically.
'Uh hi, I'm Alexandria Jamison.....and I'm your sister.'

'So let me get this straight, my mom, well our mom I guess, never actually had the miscarriage?' Matt asked in disbelief with wide eyes. I nodded my head slowly before lifting my head up to meet my brother's eyes. They were just like mine.
'Yeah, I called her a couple days ago, and she explained it all to me. Basically, when she got pregnant with me, it was a mistake. She thought she had the perfect life with a loving husband and son, and that she didn't need a daughter so instead of putting you and dad through stress and possible fighting, she pretended I was miscarried and put me into an orphanage. I was adopted by the Jamison's, who convinced me I was their real child until about a month ago...' I trailed off, trying to hold my tears back.
'What happened?' Matt asked cautiously. I took a deep breath and let it out before wiping a tear from my cheek that managed to escape.
'They were killed in a fire. The fire burnt our whole house down, but I escaped...'
'I'm so sorry about them, Alex.' Val said rubbing my back comfortingly. I took a few deep breaths and looked up at Matt who looked enraged. Slowly shaking his head with anger evident in his eyes.
'I can't believe she would just take you away from me! What a selfish bitch! I missed 16 years of your life because she didn't want you!? I can't believe she would do that to me!' He shouted loudly, standing up and pacing around the living room.
'I know how you feel.' I replied quietly. He looked at me sadly before walking over to me and sitting down on the couch.
'I promise you, Alex. I swear I will make up every minute we lost the past 16 years of your life. I swear to you I will be the best big brother that I can, and I'm so sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me.' He said, holding my small hand in his large ones. I smiled at him, my eyes clouding over with tears before I attacked him in a hug causing him to chuckled lightly before hugging back.
'Thank you.... Mattie.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Comment, rate and subscribe!
XOXO Abby