Status: Dedicated To My Little Sister, By Heart, Lupe.

Heaven Is In Your Eyes

.LockedOut.

I watched the ocean waves crash onto the already wet sand. It was a winter night in San Diego, and it was abnormally cold. Rain had poured from the sky earlier and from the look of the clouds, it was going to happen again. I pressed my hand against my window, causing a cloudy outline on the glass.
I had worked since I was 18 to get to where I was at the moment. Seven years of hard work got me my dream beach house in a private San Diego coast. Nothing had ever been handed to me, my parents always told me that if I wanted something I had to get it.
I never sat around waiting for fate to pick me up, instead I chased my dreams until my nights were full of paperwork instead of sleep.
A loud knock came from my front door, shaking me from my thoughts.
I set down my cup of steaming tea and wrapped my blanket tighter around myself before I headed to the door.
Another loud knock, "Coming." I called out once I got to the peephole.
A tall man stood outside, completely covered in winter clothes. He balanced on his heels, shivering every now and then.
I unlocked my door, opening it to meet with the wide eyed man.
"Hi." He heaved out, his lips were purple and his teeth chattered.
"Hello, can I help you?"
"I was hoping you would," he began sniffling his runny nose, "My friends and I are renting the house next door and well uh, they kind of locked me out" he licked his lips then quickly pressed his tattooed hands over them, "I was wondering if I could use your phone to call them."
I nodded, "Sure."
I regretted my decision as soon as he stepped inside my home. He towered over me, and gave off a confident vibe.
I walked him over to the living room and pointed to the phone.
"Thanks" he smiled rubbing his hands together before picking up my black wireless.
I decided to give him some privacy, but not enough to leave my home unguarded.
"Vic!" He exclaimed happily, "I'm at the neighbors, I got home and didn't see any of the cars, where did you guys go?" He removed his black hood revealing a grey SnapBack over long black hair, "I said I would take ten minutes" he sighed rubbing his face with his free hand, "Yeah, I'll see you guys in thirty then."
He hung up and made his way towards me, "Thank you so much, I'm Tony by the way." He extended his hand.
I took it shyly in mine. His hand was frigid, pure ice, "Lupe." I smiled, "Are your friends coming?"
He let go of my hand, "Yeah, in thirty minutes or so."
I nodded, "Well you don't have to wait out there in the cold, you can wait for them here if you wish." I said without thinking.
He smiled flashing a couple sharp teeth, "That would be amazing."
"Sit down" I motioned toward my couches, "the tv remote is there, do you want something to drink?" My hostess instincts took over.
He sat down carefully and adjusted his hat, "ah, no thank you."
He carefully reached for the remote and turned the tv on.
"So I'm guessing it was you guys that were making all that noise in the morning?"
He laughed, "You could hear us from here? I'm sorry." He payed little attention to the television.
"Yeah." I answered. "Don't worry about it, I was just a little confused, since we get most tourists during the summer,"
He shook his head, "We live here in Diego, but we just decided to rent a place to spend a couple weeks"
"Oh" I backtracked trying to lose contact with his dark eyes. He was handsome, a unique handsome. Not model like, but exotic almost. Large eyes, wide smile.
"Yeah, it's just us guys so we'll see how long we can stand each other." He chuckled to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll be pg13 until I have a reason to change it :)