Status: Dedicated To My Little Sister, By Heart, Lupe.

Heaven Is In Your Eyes

.Doctors&ConstructionWorkers.

“So you live here by yourself?” he asked taking his eyes off of the television screen.
“Yes, for a couple months.”
He looked around, fixating his eyes on all of my decorations. I had bought everything in this house with my own money, making me more proud than anyone could ever be.
“It’s a pretty expensive neighborhood,” I watched as his pale face came alive with color, his cheeks filled with a rosy blush and his lips swelled in red, he was gorgeous, “It’s taking four of us to rent the place next door, If you don’t mind me asking… what do you do?”
I lifted my head, I loved when people asked me that question, “I’m a doctor. General medicine. But I don’t operate, instead I look over everyone else’s operations, make sure everything runs smoothly.”
His eyes widened as he nodded slowly, “You look so young.”
“I am, I’m in my twenties. I’ve just never partied or had fun, it’s all been about school with me.” I smiled
“Well geesh, congrats.”
“Thank you, what do you do?”
He cleared his throat and readjusted in his seat, “I work in the construction business, nothing that deserves praise.”
I shook my head, “I’ve seen builders, you guys work rain or shine, that’s honorable.”
He finally made eye contact with me and smiled, “Thanks. So, Lupe. You’ve never actually been to a party before? Never gotten drunk before?”
I shook my head, “I had some wine at my brothers wedding.”
He gave me a smirk causing a weird feeling to shoot up my spine, “That’s crazy, you should come next door tonight. We’re actually throwing a house warming party.”
“Uhm.” I took a second, thinking about my schedule. I had a couple charts to look over and I had to take a trip down to the hospital to make sure some of my patients were recovering from their surgeries, “I’d love to, but I have to get back to work in an hour.”
He frowned, “What time do you get off of work?”
“I should be done at around one.” I only had a couple patients to check up on, usually I would take around an hour checking them. I did my job thoroughly, the hospital was one of the top in the country and I had to back them up.
“That’s perfect!” he smiled, “People usually start coming in at around midnight anyways.”
“I wouldn’t know what to do, I’ve only met you right now.” I chuckled feeding from his excitement.
“You’re so proper you know? Come on, you said you’ve never partied. If anyone is going to teach you how to do it, it should be us.”
“I need to be back at the hospital at seven in the morning.”
He shrugged, “We won’t give you too much then, you can trust me.”
I bit my lip when he said his last sentence, at this point he could have invited me to go fishing in the middle of the Atlantic and I would have said yes. Tony was great at persuading, especially after only knowing me for fifteen minutes. His dark eyes searched mine waiting for a response.
He was right, I was probably the only 25 year old that had not gotten drunk or partied like a pirate.
“Okay.” I answered with a smile, “But you would be the only person I’d know.”
He gave me a toothy smile, revealing a pair of sharp teeth, “Don’t worry about that, the rest of the guys are great. And either way, we are going to be spending a long time together right?”
“Yeah.”
He was being so open with me, like we’ve never even been strangers. Part of me thought that it was weird and I should be raising red flags, the other side of me told me to take it easy and enjoy this ride.
“Okay, great.” He continued to smile, “It’ll be great to have a doctor there anyways, theres always something that goes wrong.”
“Alcohol poisoning?” I had treated enough college kids to know exactly what he meant by ‘goes wrong’
He laughed, “If that’s the official term for it, yes. A couple broken bones, you know…the basics.”
My eyes bulged, “The basics?”
He frowned, “I didn’t scare you away, did I?”
I shook my head, “It definitely sounds like you need me around, would you like me to bring anything?”
“Just yourself.”
He was a smooth talker, slick with his tongue, soft with his eyes.
I blushed, “I’ll be there.”
“Great.” He looked at his watch and smiled, “The guys should be home, so I should start heading over.”
I stood up and walked him over to my front door, “I’ll see you later tonight then.”
“I’ll be waiting.” He smiled as he walked out.
I watched him walk across the front of my house and turn left, disappearing behind the blue fence set up between our houses.
I’ve never met anyone like Tony.
I had met my share of handsome men, accomplished and rich. But I had never met anyone with so much life, so much thrill, so different.
I had a feeling my life was about to change.