Status: Dedicated To My Little Sister, By Heart, Lupe.

Heaven Is In Your Eyes

.FriendlyFaces&Alcohol.

I came up to my drive way and parked my car as quickly as I could. The buzzing sounds of people shot into my ear the second I stepped out of me car, making the knots in my stomach explode.
I took a deep breath and began walking, past the gate separating us and towards the burgundy two story beach house next door. There were groups of people outside, some standing around and some sitting on the porch, but all of them holding red plastic cups.
I smiled nervously as I walked past them, getting some friendly smiles back.
The front door was cracked open, taking the strain out of knocking for me. As I walked in, a movie scene unraveled in front of me.
There were many girls, dancing in corners, taking shots, and some where even passed out on the couches.
There were fewer men, but there were still plenty. The majority were either rubbing against the dancing girls or huddled around the largest beer keg I have ever seen.
The house was loud, louder than the trama room in the emergency room on a Halloween night.
“Lupe!” I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I turned around quickly to see Tony smiling right at me, he was dressed comfortably, black t-shirt, gray skinny jeans and a black snapback.
“Hi.” I said a little too excited, making sure he heard me over the bumping music.
“I’m glad you came.” He came closer to my ear, making sure I heard him this time.
His scent flooded me as soon as his neck brushed my nose, a woodsy smell, he smelled like home and so exquisitely clean.
“I was about to stay at the hospital.” I shrugged
He frowned slightly, taking a plastic cup from a girl walking by, “Well, I was looking forward to seeing you.” He pushed the cup onto my hands and signaled for me to drink as he took a large swig from his cup.
I looked down at the contents of the cup, remembering the girl carrying was probably drinking from it.
It was halfway full with gold liquid, white foam rimming the edges, beer.
He took a second to determine my facial expression and began laughing, “She didn’t drink from it, I promise.”
“How do you know?” I moved the cup around searching for anything strange.
He gave me a toothy grin and took the cup from me, “She was wearing red lipstick, the sticky kind, if she would have drank from it you would have seen it on here.” He turned the cup slowly showing me the rim of the cup. He pushed the cup back in my hands and took another drink from his.
I decided to trust him and brought the cup to my lips. It was cold and refreshing, and tasted unfamiliar to me, it wasn’t what I would call delicious but it was pretty good.
He nodded as I brought the cup down, “Good, right?”
I smiled at him, “Pretty good.”
“Come on,” he began walking deeper into the house, “I have some people for you to meet.”
I followed him unwillingly, I had always been shy meeting new people and this new environment only made me more nervous. I took a large gulp of my cup as Tony stopped walking.
Three guys stood in front of me all different from each other, yet so striking handsome.
“Guys, this is Lupe, our neighbor. The one that let me stay at her place when you asshole’s locked me out.” He gave the spiky hair one a small shove.
“Lupe this is Jaime.” He pointed at the guy he shoved.
He had the lightest skin tone from the four and had a wide smile, making me instantly connect to him, “What’s up?” he went in for a hug.
I took it smiling, “Hi.”
“Mike.” Tony continued pointed to the tallest man, he was just as covered in tattoos as Tony was.
“Hello.” I smiled looking up at him.
“Hey shorty.” He laughed giving me a high five.
I could smell the scent of hard liquor coming from him, yet he stood straight up. His balance was in tact and he was still aware of his surroundings. As a doctor it made me deathly frightened but as a regular person, it made me extremely impressed.
“And, this is Vic.”
He motioned at the last guy standing at the edge, he had beautiful shoulder length brown wavy hair. He was only a little bit taller than me and had deep brown eyes, full of emotions.
He smiled widely as he extended his hand towards me, “Nice to meet you, thanks for taking care of our turtle while we were gone.”
“You’re welcome.” I chuckled starting to feel a little light headed.
Tony took my empty cup and exchanged it for one that was full to the brim, “I hope you’re not a lightweight.”
I shook my head slowly drinking more, “I just have to remember to be back at the hospital by seven.”