Status: Dedicated To My Little Sister, By Heart, Lupe.

Heaven Is In Your Eyes

.HeavenSent.

“Oh good job Perry!” Mike laughed handing Tony a bottle of water.
The scenery had changed, my feet were no longer touching the frigid water of the Pacific Ocean, instead I was plopped down on a comfortable couch. Most of the people were gone, only about a dozen were looming behind resting their bodies on chairs or the floor.
I couldn’t see anyone clearly, faces were twisted…swirling around in my head like a kaleidoscope of body parts.
Voices were miles away, getting farther and darker by the second. I tried to speak out but instead I only made noises.
Being drunk was hard work.
“You got the fucking doctor wasted!” Mike continued to laugh
“Shut up Mike!” Tony’s voice was closest to me.
I really hope I wasn’t making a fool out of myself in front of people I didn’t even know.
“You should take her home Tony.” A softer more concerned voice spoke up, “Stay with her until she gets better.”
“She’s suppose to go to work at seven.” Tony exhaled.
“Well, Its already six and she’s not going to sober up in an hour.”
“Sure she can!” Mike laughed, “I’ve done it!”
“This was her first time drinking.” I recognized Jaime’s voice.
“Find the number to the hospital or something.” The concerned voice spoke again, “Tell them she won’t be able to make it, and if you need us make sure you call. I’ll be right over.”
I tried to shake my head. I had never missed a day of work…ever.
And I was about to miss out for the first time because I stunk like beer and was hiccupping alcohol bubbles.
I suddenly felt like I was floating, my body lifted into the clouds. It made my head spin out of control, causing a wave of nausea to rise in my stomach.
It took me a while to understand I was being transported from Tony’s home to my own. The morning mist rushed to my face, waking me up from the drowsiness I felt. I opened my eyes slightly to see Tony’s face looking forward. His neck was covered in tattoos, proud…bold tattoos.
His eyes darted straight, concentrating on the destination in front of him.
I wanted to stay this way forever, I felt like my very own Adonis had flown down from the heavens and had swooped me up in his strong, brilliantly colored arms.
I felt a different hand reach into my pocket and pull out my house keys. I tried to look over and make out the outlining of a different man.
He was handsome, long hair waving over his shoulders.
“Alright, maybe she has some numbers in her room.” Tony’s chest boomed as he spoke.
I felt him set me down gently, I almost didn’t feel that transition between his arms and my mattress, but I longed for his arms as soon as I felt them disappear.
“Found it!” It was Vic’s voice, he was second handsome man.
I heard him dialing numbers on my house phone, his breathing becoming even, “Hi, this is Victor Fuentes calling for…Lupe….”he was spoke quietly as I heard a shuffle of papers.
“Dr. Carabantes.” Tony spoke up
“Dr. Carabantes.” Vic repeated, “She won’t be able to make it to work today…I’m her neighbor…No I’m not kidnapping her…She’s intoxicated…No…We brought her home…She’s okay…Who am I speaking to?...Naomi?...No I’m not abducting her!...I’ll see you in a few then.”
Vic chuckled a bit before I heard the click of the disconnection, “What a spitfire.”
“Who was that?” Tony’s voice was now closer to me.
“Naomi, she’s a nurse there. Apparently she thinks we’re trying to murder Lupe or something.”
I wanted to grunt, that means she really was on her way. I wanted to stretch out and lock the doors to my house and tell the guys to pretend we weren’t home. She was going to embarrass me into hard soberness.
“I’ll stay with her.” Tony cleared hi throat, “You can go back.”
“It’s alright, I’ll be in the living room waiting for the crazy lady.” Vic continued to laugh.
I felt pressure on the bed, Tony had sat down next to me and began pulling the hair away from my face.
I felt his breath dance around my nose as he exhaled deeply. I couldn’t smell alcohol anymore, instead he smelled musky and sweet.
“I’m so sorry.” He grunted
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm So Sorry I took So Long. December Is Always So Busy! I Owe You Guys So Many Chapters!