Status: Dunno how often I can update ^^

Jack Frost

The Tale of Jack Frost

Theme song: Glitter (Starving Trancer Remix) by Mayumi Morinaga feat. Another Infinity (Fairy Tail Ending 11)

I sat and thought. I think I need to find out more about Jack. But who to ask? Nina doesn't seem to know much about him, well there's this old lady who lives across the street who seems to like myths, but then, who can give better information about Jack Frost than himself? I got up and said, "I'm going out." while putting my coat on. Nina nodded, still deep in thought, and I headed out.

Now the biggest problem. Where am I supposed to find Jack? I stopped dead in my tracks and thought about my encounters with him. The first time, 7 years ago, in the woods. The second time, a few days ago, in the alley near my school. Lastly, in the woods again. I decided to look in the woods. I might get lost again, but I went anyways. After a while, I found him, sitting on top of a tree. He seems to be sleeping. I looked up and called, "Jack?" The effect was unimaginable. He yelped and jumped on the branch, then he lost his balance and nearly fell on me. Good thing I stepped away right on time and the snow cushioned his fall. He stayed still for a while and finally look up, slightly annoyed, but then he seemed to cheer up a bit. "Hi!" he said, a little more excited than he should be. I blinked a few times and replied, "Hi." He looked at me and said, "You seem troubled. Can I help you?" I sat in front of him and asked, "You're the Jack Frost everyone talked about?" He seemed surprised and sighed. "You found out faster than I thought you would. Oh well, I guess you're here to ask about me?" he asked, and I nodded in response to his question, and he sighed again.

"I was born a long time ago in this place. I lived with my parents and siblings that time, and we're quite content with our life, even though my parents need to work very hard. But I was happy. We were all happy. That is, until one day, on my 12th birthday, when I return from getting the firewoods, I saw a couple of guys running from the direction of my house. I had a bad feeling at that time, but I decided to ignore it. When I reached the house, I was speechless. The front door's destroyed and as I ran inside, I saw my family's dead bodies. Blood pooled around them, and I nearly threw up from the sight. I dropped the firewoods and ran after the guys I saw, but I lost sight of them."

"Then I started for the center of the village, and when I got there, I told people what happened, but they won't believe me. Because I pulled a lot of pranks before. So they ignored me, leaving me alone. At that time, I was so furious, I yelled to the sky, what did I do to deserve this? Then I whispered, "If only I had the power... If only I had the power to punish those criminals and avenge my parents..." Just then, I heard a voice. It said that my wish will be granted, but I must punish every other criminals until there were no more. At that time, I didn't think that much and agreed, then I got the power to control the cold. I immediately looked for the guys I saw and... Well, it's too gruesome to say. To make it simple, I punished them. I enjoyed having my powers for a while, but I got tired of it soon. I wanted to return to my normal life without any powers, but I can't. I need to wait until crime doesn't exist. Till that day, I can't be normal. I tried to kill myself once, but I realized that I'm immortal, which is why I kept on living after all this time. I don't age, obviously, and as you must have noticed. What really made me tired of this is... That I haven't felt warmth in ages. And that I haven't seen the clear sky. And I'm alone without any friends in this..."

I stayed silent and listened to every word he said. When he was done, there were tears in his eyes. I kinda panicked, since I've never been this close to any boys, especially crying ones. I then handed him my handkerchief, which he took and wiped his tears with. He then handed in back to me, muttering his thanks. I studied his face carefully. He seemed pretty sad, so I said, "You're not alone, you know that?" He looked at me and said, "I know I'm alone. I don't have any friends since the rumor spread out and everyone avoid me, which is why I live here in the woods." I sighed and looked him in the eyes. "Then I'll be your friend. That way, you're not alone, right?" He looked pretty surprised, then his face brightened up. "Really?" he asked, excited. I nodded with a smile. Then he hugged me. "Thanks."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had some problem in arranging the sentences... Which is why the update's late. By the way, I repeat, this is MY version of Jack Frost, I know in Rise of the Guardians Jack died drowning and Man in the Moon chose him and blablabla, but I made my own version of Jack Frost. But their physical appearances are around the same.