‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Lex

“HEY SIMONELLI GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND STOP BENDING YOUR KNEES ON YOUR ROUND OFF!” Lex exclaimed. Being cheer captain really had it’s advantages. She got to be a total bitch in and outside of school. It was becoming a part-time job almost.
“Ugh, I can’t believe school starts tomorrow” Elle walked up to Lex. “I’m not ready to be a senior…I don’t want all the responsibility”
“Just flunk like Kevin” Lex said.
“Whoa I thought you’re dating Kevin” Lex blushed. “I think you two are very cute together…although he’s still a junior so it’s weird”
“I don’t care, I still love him” Lex lied. She didn’t really love him. Their relationship was very fake. She liked him and he liked her a lot but she was just afraid.
“Maybe I should fail, then Maxy Ramsey will be a junior when I’m still a senior again and it won’t be so weird to date him”
“Not if your like 19 and he’s 17”
“Shut up I’m fantasizing…speaking of Maxy, Sophia…that bitch in his grade had her baby”
“Whoa, really?”
“Yeah, I saw pictures on facebook. Her name is Lucy, she’s really cute. I can’t wait to have children” Lex and Elle laughed. “Just kidding” Lex’s alarm went off. She had to leave soon for her doctor’s appointment. “Oh and by the way Randy and I totally had sex for the first time…it’s about time, I was starting to think he swung for the other team. Everyone that’s with you ends up gay. I’m surprised Kevin hasn’t come out yet” Lex rolled her eyes. There were positives and negatives to being Elle’s friend. The negatives really did out-weight the positives.
“I saw Cass a lot over the summer, she’s been wearing black a lot” Lex said, trying to change the subject.
“Back to being a loser” Elle said. “What happened to Kevin and Cass again?”
“Kev said she broke up with him for no real good reason”
“She’s gay” they both said.
“Adam and Emmi are still going strong…I wonder how Ashley Evans feels” Elle rolled her eyes.
“Don’t talk Ashley Evans with me. She’s a little slut. If I even see her around with my man I’m going to kill her” Elle said.
“Well then…”
“Oh speaking of Emmi and her loser frinds I saw Jamie. She works at the FYE at the Ocean Bay Mall. She looks different. I heard she was in England all summer. I think she must have had sex with someone awesome. All English men are hot”
“I wouldn’t be surprised, Jamie could do so much better than Frankie” Lex’s alarm went off again. “I should get going—doctor’s appointment”
“No problem, I’ll run things from here” Lex grabbed her things and ran to her car. She sighed and pulled out of the school parking lot.
Three months have passed since she took the first pregnancy test. She took three more tests that all told her she was in fact not pregnant. It took her most of the summer though, to tell her parents what had happened, her mom was the one who encouraged her to see a doctor.
“So when you were raped?” the doctor asked her. Having a male doctor wasn’t fun, especially when he’s looking at your vagina.
“About four or five months ago”
“And it’s taken you this long to—never mind. I understand”
“Thank you”
“Who was this guy?”
“My best friends boyfriend…but at the time he wasn’t her boyfriend. He was my prom date. I encouraged my best friend to date a rapist…but she’s a slut so she wouldn’t say no to him like I did…”
“Doesn’t matter, she’s still in danger. Does she know you were raped?”
“No one knows but my mom”
“Are you going to testify?”
“Why? So my best friend can hate me? It’s been too long to testify, there’s no evidence”
“But still…”
“No” Lex said. “I want to move on, I have a boyfriend and…well I want to forget”
“Ok” he said. “well, it looks like you’re all set. I would advice you to keep an eye on yourself and go to a clinic if you think something is weird. We won’t know about any STD’s for a while”

Lex went to a park with Kevin after the appointment.
“You’ve been acting kind of weird” Kevin said. “It’s been a hard summer with all of my summer school and looking at colleges but still…are things going to get better?” Lex stared at him.
“I can’t do this anymore” Lex admitted. “I’m not ready for commitment” and there Kevin was, for the second time in a row he was broken up with for no good reason.
“Why?”
“JUST BECAUSE!” Lex exclaimed. “I can find someone WAY better than you” she picked up her things and started walking. It was a long way to her house but she was going to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
i like how i have 2 subs on this story BEFORE i even posted a chapter...