‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Lex, Kevin, Cass & Kylan

Cass stood in front of the mirror in her hospital room. She pulled her tee shirt up to expose what she's done to her body in the last year. Her body was just bones. No more flesh. But she was trying, if anything she wasn't trying for her health she was trying for Jamie and Emmi and Kylan who loved her very much and wanted to see her get better.

She ran a brush through her mass of curly blond hair. She decided that leaving it down in this heat would not suffice. She pulled it up into a pony tail and looked at her face. She put a bit of eye liner on and shiny pink lip gloss that Emmi gave to her.

Someone knocked on the door. "It's Kev" Cass quickly striaghtened herself out and left the bathroom.

"Hey" she said with a big smile.

"Hi" he said slowly. He didn't know how to act. This is the first time he's seen her in a while. "Are you ready? I told Jamie i could pick you up" Cass blushed.

"Yeah" she picked up her shoulder bag. "Ok, ready"

The two walked out of the hospital together. She was allowed to leave for two hours. IN those two hours Kylan was going to make memories.

Kevin had Zack drive them to the local coffee shop where The Caged was playing in a open mic night even. As soon as they got there Jamie waved them over. Emmi, Adam and Ryan wer already there with them. They had the table closest to the stage.

"So this song is by Lana Del Rey...it's called Ride" Lex said into the mic. She looked to Kylan and Frankie. Kylan started playing notes on the key board. They took them all away on a journey for those four minutes she was singing.

After their 1 song set the band joined their friends at their table.

"So less then a week until graduation" Adam said. "This is it isn't it. After this will we still spend time together?"

"Of course" Kylan said. "I can't forget about my girls" He put his arm around Cass and Jamie.

"I mean when school starts again" Adam said. "In the fall...will we still keep in touch"

"I can't forget about my boys!" Frankie said. He put his arms around Kevin and Adam. "Don't worry Adz, one day at a time" Adam removed the foreign arm from his shoulder.

"Don't call me 'Adz'" he said.

"Besides, who else am i going to talk to...i'm going to be all alone in a new country" he automatically regretted saying that" Jamie and Frankie had a stare down for a good five seconds before Jamie attacked him a hug.

Yes, they would both be attending UAL in London.

"Congrats!!" Kylan exclaimed. "The cutest couple will continue to be the cutest couple in college...how lame" Jamie sat on his lap. Ryan smirked from across the table. "But we all get a happy ending, right?" he said. "Oh expect for Kat ad Lyle they broke up...thank god" they chuckled.

"I thought they were cute together" Jamie said. "Maybe something better is waiting for Kat"

Lex didn't think so. She still hadn't been accepted to any colleges and they were graduating in SIX days. She didn't want to bring it up, though. This year has been shit for her, but at least she has The Caged.

...

A few hours later, Kevin took Cass back to the hiospital. She had two more days in the hospital before she would be discharged. Then she could get ready for graduation. She barely slipped by but she did get into Fitchburg state, it's a fairly local school.

Kevin wanted to spend more time with her so they talked on the way back and she invited him up to talk for a while longer.

"I"m kind of jealous" Kevin told her. "I really want to graduate"

"Are you moving on to senior year next year?"

"Yeah, i already took two classes so i don't have to take as many classes next year" he said. "Which is nice"

"Don't worry. Keep calm and carry on. We won't forget about you" she touched her shoulder. he just fluttered with inner excitement. She seemed different, like the Cass she was before.

"Are you going to college?"

"I got into Fitchburg, but i'm thinking about doing a gap year" Kevin smiled. "I'll be here if you need me"

"I'll need you" He was sitting across from her on her hospital bed. he wanted to just lean across and kiss her, but he didn't. "I'll be the loudest one cheering for you at graduation next week" he told her.

"I'll need that"

...

Lex went out with Kylan, Jamie and frankie for a victory dinnr later that day. They didn't win anything but they had oodles of fun.

When she got home her mom was waiting anxiously for her.

""Some good news" her mom squealed. Her mom grabbed a letter already opened off the table. "You got into Fitchburg!" they both sqealed. The joy from finally getting into a university was just...amazing. With her mom they jumped up and down, so greatful.

It didn't last long though, there were knocks at the door. Lex opened the door, it was an police officer.

"Am i in trouble?" Lex asked. Instinctively.

"No, no, sit" the officer said. She sat down with her mom who held her tight. "It's about your friend, Lauren Perry" he started. "She disappeared last night. Have you heard anything" Lex was shocked. Yes, she was pregnant, but why would she run away from it? "Her parents said she took her car and took the GPS out of it so they can't track her. She left her phone behind"

"Uh" she didn't want to mention the pregnancy. "No we haven't talked since school"

"Well, if you hear anything, be sure to let us know. She's still a minor" Lex nodded. the officer left.

"I'm sorry" her mom told her. "You didn't even know, did you?" Lex shook her head.

"I did text her and asked her if she wanted to come to our open mic show tonigt...but she didn't respond" she said. Lex had a hunch Elle was taking matters into her own hands.

...

Jeremy invited Kylan out to his place for a pool party. It was Sadie's grad party. Kylan doesn't even talk to Sadie but he felt like Jeremy needed to talk.

When he arrived (which he walked the whole way) he saw Jeremy waiting, not even enjoying the party. he was sitting by himself on the front step.

"Hey" Kylan said. he got closer to him. "I'm guessing we need to talk"

"Um yeah" Jeremy said as he stood up. "I ean i just heard a few days ago that you're back with Ryan...i thought we had a thing going" Kylan could see he was a bit hurt.

"I just" Kylan said. "First relationships stay with you forever" he explaiined.

"What does he have that i dont? I'm funny, i'm sexy, i'm passionate" he said.

"Ryan is...Ryan...he's confident yet shy, he's headstrong yet emotional, he's loving and caring and everything i've ever wanted" Kylan shrugged. He started on his walk home.