‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Everyone

The night of graduation was the best night of anyone's life, not just Kylan or Emmi's life. It felt like that after all the trials they've been through in the last four years of high school was worth it.

If anything they all learned a very important lesson.

Kylan realized that even though losing his older sister and role-model was hard, he learned a few lessons. He didn't want to keep the way he felt a secret. Without her death he wouldn't even be out of the closet yet.

So, lesson is, if your in high school right now. Don't let the little things in life let you down. You never know what kind of significance it will have in the end.

Anyways, Kylan arrived and searched for Emmi, Cass and Jamie in the large auditorium. He found Cass sitting in her seat, looking rather dolled up with her curly blond hair straightened and make up that complemented her bright blue eyes.

"Hey Cass" he sat down next to her. "Tonight is the tonight" she smiled.

"I've never been more excited in my life"

...

The evening started with a few speeches from school officials and falculty. The class officers got their two wents in before the ceremony officially started.

"Cassandra Elouise Alderman" Cass happened to be the lucky #1 in their class. Cass smiled brightly as she walked across the stage. Yeah she's had her fair share of woes but she didn't want to think of it now. As she received her diploma her guidance counselor who was there just to give her the diploma smiled.

"Good job Cassandra" she said.

"It's Cass" she said with a little smirk.

A few people later... "Jamie Emma Flynn" Jamie, with her bright smile and creative sense of fashion walked across the stage. She had this big smile on her face as she received her diploma.

"YEAH JAMIE!" Kevin screamed from his seat. He made sure to be EXTRA obnoxious when his friends were up there.

"Emmileigh Marie Loft" they finally got to Emmi. Ryan, Adam and Frankie were right behind her in the line up. They all smiled at her as she started her walk across the stage. She made sure to pace herself. Everyone loved a diva.

"Ryan Alexander Madison" Ryan bro-fist Frankie's knuckles before he started walking. If anything he was excited that he was himself. It's hard to be truly yourself in high school.

"Adam Peter Marvelli" Adam and Frankie hugged before he started his walk.

Elle ran into the auditorium she saw Adam and knew from the way they practiced weeks prior where she was. She ran up into the line. Lex, who was the last person graduating saw her.

"Elle!" she called, but she didn't turn back.

"Francis Mark Norwin" Frankie could see Adam waiting on the other side of the stage. They did everything together.

Frankie couldn't stop smiling as he walked that stage. He didn't go through the motions he OWNED it. He shook the FUCK out of everyone's hand and even gave their principal a little hug. When he got to the end of the stage he and Adam hugged for like ten seconds before finally sitting down.

"Lauren Nancy Perry" Elle smiled as best as she could and owned that stage. Everyone knew, however that she had been missing for a week. She quickly grabbed the diploma from the history teacher she got too fond of over the years. She didn't know why she was mad at him. She's a slut.

"Kylan Henry Thorne" Kylan owned his sassy gay walk.

"YEAH KY-KY!" he heard someone scream. Obviously Frankie, no one called him Ky-Ky but Frankie on occassion.

"WHOOO!!" He looked out into the crowd for a split second and saw maybe half of their graduating class standing for him. Why? Was he some kind of role model for their grade or something? He stood up for what he believed in. I guess he was inspiring.

"Lastly, Allexandrya Marie Vaughn" Lex smiled. As she walked across she noticed people were doing the same thing with Kylan, with her. The whole grade stood on their feet. She didn't quite understand it.

....

After the ceremony Kylan refused to leave without seeing his friends. Frankie's italian-immigrant grand mother would not stop kissing him and cuddling him as he tried to fight his way over. Like always, they all made their way over to each other.

"Well, i guess that's a wrap" Kylan said.

"I'm not ready to close the book on us, yet" Jamie said as she took Frankie's head.

"Who do you think I am? Of course i'm not leaving you guys alone. As soon as i get my license...whenever that hapens...i'll make sure we see each other every single fucking day for the whole summer"

"I couldn't imagine spending my summer any other way" Cass said.

"Group hug!" Kevin declared. Their little possy of Kylan, Kevin, Adam, Frankie, Emmi, Jamie and Cass joined in a big hug which was really a friendly mosh pit.

Lex saw the hug from afar, she was about to walk over but Elle found her in the crowd.

"Hey" she said. Lex noticed she looked a lot different. Only a week has passed but she looked frail.

"What happened to you??" Lex asked.

"I went to take care of it" Elle said. She looked down at her feet.

"Oh, Elle"

"But when i was there i realized i couldn't do that" she admitted. "I don't know why but i felt like i just had to keep it" Elle felt her stomach. Lex hugged her.

...

"If you want you can come to my grad party" Emmi said. "It's tomorrow night" she told them. "Starting at 8 but my family's always late so count on it actually starting at 9" Jamie chuckled.

"I'll be there. Oh we need to spend much time together i'm going back to England for my grad party next weekend" Jamie said. "My grandmother is over excited about it. I guess i'm the first one to graduate from high school on my mom's side"

"Interesting. Congrats" Kylan said. "Anyways my grad party isn't for a while. I want it to be on Kaya's 19's birthday" Jamie smiled.

"I think Kaya would be very proud of you"

"I hope so...anyways, i need to go. I'll call you tonight" Kylan left.

"I should find my mum" Jamie said. "Although spending time with her creepy ass boyfrined is not something i want to do" Emmi giggled.

Emmi sighed. "Are we still going to be friends this fall? Once you're in england with Frankie and I'm here"

"Of course" Jamie said. "Don't you think for a second our friendship is going to fall apart. I don't do that" Emmi had to hug her. She could remember the day she first met Jamie. She was just so confident and unique. She wouldn't be anything without her. "Anyways, i see my mum. I'll see you sometime tomorrow i hope?"

"For sure" Jamie walked away. Emmi could see her parents chatting it up with other parents. She sat down outside and looked up at the sky. It's weird how it was a full moon.

Adam walked out of the school with his parents and brother. "Oh, hey Ems" he said. "I'll catch up" he let his parents walk off. "I see your mom is starting a convo with everyone and their mother...literally" Emmi chuckled.

"Yeah" Adam opened his arms for a hug. She couldn't deny him. "It's been a pleasure" she said. I guess the full moon couldn't help itself. They both leaned in and kissed each other.

What a fabulous way to end a short chapter in such a long story.

THE END