‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Kevin

Now that Kevin’s single and repeating his junior year of high school, he needs to focus his energy towards something bigger…
“You know when I overdosed it changed my whole perspective on life” Zack said. “I woke up a different person…or atleast wanting to be a different person…maybe staying back as that affect on you”
“Maybe…I’m done with drugs and stuff” Kevin said. “I really just need to focus. I’m taking some senior classes. Maybe I can graduate early next year”
“Maybe”
Kevin sighed. He dropped his last blunt into the lake by his house. “Hello new Kevin”

Kevin needed a new after school hobby now that he wasn’t smoking with his druggie friends. So he decided that after school he would hang out with Frankie, Adam, Jamie and Emmi. It didn’t go that well. They were mostly concerned about relationships and they were talking so much about senior year that it made Kevin depressed.
He looked around the restaurant where they were. Emmi and Adam were cudding on the botth seat besides him and Frankie and Jamie were holding hands across the table. Kevin sighed.
“Where’s Cass?” Kevin finally askd.
“I don’t know…she stayed behind. I wish she had come” Frankie said.
“She’s missed a lot of school” Adam said. “We’ve only been in for three weeks and she’s missed like two weeks on and off” Kevin thought that was weird, but it was senior year for them. You only live once, right?
“I wish she talked to me” Jamie said. “I’m concerned”

Kevin spent his Friday afternoon in the Guidance office making last minute changes to his schedule.
“Hey Miss Reed, get Miss Alderson’s parents on the phone” Kevin looked up. “She’s failing all her classes”
“What’s going on?”
“she was diagnosed with depression last week, mom has no idea what to do”
Kevin looked down. Cass is in trouble. Maybe he should talk to her. At the same time she obviously didn’t want to be around him. She left him for no reason.