‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Jamie and Frankie

It’s now December. It’s been about two months since the contents of the last chapter of their story

“I’m going out to study” Jamie said. She ran down the stairs and was almost out the door but her mother stopped her.
“Dress like that?” Jamie’s mom asked. Jamie sighed. She was wearing a short black bodycon skirt and a purple long sleeve, see-through shirt tucked in to it.
“I wore this to school” Jamie argued. She technically did wear the shirt to school. The skirt was just for easy access *wink*.
“Nope…it’s getting late stay home” Jamie sighed. She closed the front door and headed upstairs again.
That summer Jamie was in England. Everyone thought it was because she was seeing her father but in reality their parents found out Frankie and Jamie were having sex so they were trying to restrict their time together. School was their only time together now a days. Both parents scheduled when they could see each other. The day was Wednesday, Frankie’s parents were still working.
Jamie picked up her lap top and went on web chat. To her liking all her friends were online. She called Frankie first.
“Failed plan?” he asked. She nodded.
“Yup…I should have said Emmi, now my mum would have believed me” Frankie sighed.
“Maybe we should just conform to their rules”
“Are you my boyfriend?” Jamie got a call from Emmi. “Hold on…” she invited Emmi to the web chat.
“So did it work? Did my genius plan work? Tell me it worked!”
“It didn’t”
“Oh”
“I need a way to see you” Frankie said. “We only have one class together” Jamie shrugged.
“We’ll figure something out”

Jamie was able to leave the house to give Cass the work she missed from the day before. Jamie had been to Cass’s house maybe three times over the last year she’s known Cass.
“Hello Jamie!” her mother answered the door. Jamie walked in.
“I just have homework to give to Cass”
“Oh sure, here take this to her room…if she’ll eat it” Jamie took the plate of food.
“I noticed she’s not eating at lunch…she said she just does homework during lunch” Jamie said.
“No, she’s not eating much these days. Usually I can get her something small in her system. She’s been looked at by many doctors and therapist and they don’t know what to do.”
“Oh”

Adam was throwing a big birthday bash that weekend. He wanted all his closest friends to be there. And since his parents trusted him enough they were giving him the house to himself for one night only. He had strict rules. He could only invite no more than ten people and they had to be ten people they knew.
Adam invited Emmi of course along with Frankie, Kevin, Jamie, Kylan, Ryan and Cass. Along with three other friends. He didn’t want it to get out of control so he sent out invitations with specific instructions. They were going to hang out, dance and play harmless games. The following weekend Adam would do all the cliché stuff.
Everyone accepted the invite expect for Cass. No one had seen much of her. At first it was surprising that she was missing so much school now it’s normal for her to only come in for one or two days a week. Everyone knew why.
Adam’s birthday was the following Tuesday and his party was being held the Saturday before. Adam’s parents decided to go out of town to visit a family friend, leaving the party wide open for random visitors.
An innocent party turned into a wild one in the matter of hours…
Adam ran to the door. “Isn’t everyone here?” he asked. He counted the people again. “Yeah we have 9 like planned.
“Maybe it’s Cass” Jamie said. Since her mom told her she wasn’t eating much, Jamie was very concerned about Cass, but she wasn’t admitting to much and it didn’t help that Jamie couldn’t go out.
Adam opened the door. Ad there they were, every single druggie/alcoholic in their school. At least ten people came in with assortments of drugs and alcohol. Adam smirked. He was going to save it for the next weekend but this was good time.
“Come on in!” Adam said. “The party is just getting started!”
Within at least twenty minutes people were throwing up and getting high. Soon things were breaking but Ada was one of those kids under the influence.
“I can’t take it anymore” Jamie walked outside, clutching her phone. She called Cass. She just needed to hear her voice. Cass’s phone went straight to voicemail, but her mom answered her house phone. “Hey it’s Jamie…I’m just wondering if Cass is there”
“No…she said she was going out with you”
“Um…”
“Oh no” she said. Randy and Jeremy walked up the back steps of Adam’s house. Jamie watched them go into the house, with all their swag and confidence. They just looked like trouble.
Jamie ran inside and found Emmi flirting with Adam. Adam was practically eye fucking her. “Ems, Cass is missing”
“What?”
“She’s not home her mom said she was with us!”
“Oh no!” Emmi and Jamie took their things and ran out of the house. They jumped into Jamie’s car and spent the night looking for Cass.
“I almost had sex” Emmi said.
“Congrats?” Jamie said. She said it more like a question. She didn’t understand sex. “I don’t get the big deal with sex…”
“But you’ve obviously slept with Frankie”
“I did”
“Oh god…he’s terrible?”
“No, it’s just not all that it’s cracked up to be. To be honest, our relationship would be the same without it” Emmi frowned. “What?”
“I wanted this dramatic story about how wonderful it was” Jamie shrugged. “That’s all I’ve been striving for all of my high school career”
“Don’t believe the hype. Go with what your mind thinks is right”
Jamie turned down another street and there in the flesh was Cass, sitting by herself with her hood up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just finished the story! it's only 12 chapters but i like the ending alot