‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Elle

“This is literally the best party I’ve been to all year” Elle said. She looked around the stranger’s house she was in. Twinkling lights, streamers, the smell of alcohol, drugs and sex in the air. The perfect environment for her.

“You’re welcome, just thank my parents. They let me have parties whenever I want” Jeremy said. Elle clutched Randy’s hand. “There’s plenty of rooms upstairs if you know what I mean” Randy smirked

“Don’t worry, we’ll find our way there" Randy squeezed her butt gently. She giggled.

The doors opened a blond headed stranger walked in. She's not much of a stranger. She's a stranger to coming to school.

"What is Cass doing here?" Elle asked. She rolled her eyes. "She's not the party type of girl"

"It's senior year. YOLO!" Randy and Jeremy high fived. Elle still didn't think this made sense. Besides, Cass hasn't been to school in a while.

"Let me show the lady our finest assortment of alcoholic drinks" Jeremy said. The three went into the other room. She couldn't take her mind off it.

About 75% of their senior class was at that party. Sadie Walker, a girl in their grade, announced that all seniors were invited. Kylan completely forgot to tie the two similar last names together. He had no idea Sadie and Jeremy were related.

"This better be awesome" Adam said.

"Yeah i've never been to a REAL house party before. I'm kind of a loser"

"We had tons of raging parties home in England" Jamie said. "Especially after Skins premiered"

"Oh, the parties on Skins get wild" Adam said. "I want to move to England" Emmi rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to be here...all Walker children are spawns of satan"

"Sadie has a sibling?" Kylan asked. "She's claimed for the longest time that she's an only child...huh, that's a head scratcher"

"Kylan, Jeremy is her older brother!" Jamie exclaimed. It took Kylan approximately three seconds to realize what he was getting himself into.

"NO!" he said. "Oh wait, i'm single again. YOLO!" Kylan headed into the other room. There he was, a gorgeous, tan blond boy smiling and drinking with Randy and Ben. He was perfect, unfortunately he was also a sadistic narcisist who was very carless. He was still gorgeous.

"Kylan!" Jeremy exclaimed. "I'm so glad you're here" the two hugged and Jeremy even kissed Kylan on the cheek. "How are you...sorry about the..."

"yeah i'm doing much better" Kylan said. Which was only half a lie.

"Hey let's go upstairs and catch up" Kylan smirked. Jeremy took his hand and practically pulled him across the room. Kylan smirked. Fuck it.

Kylan and Jeremy passed Emmi and Jamie. "There he goes again" Emmi said.

"What a little slut, but you know what they say..." Jamie said.

"I think YOLO has been mentioned one too many times in the last ten minutes"

"You are right my friend" Jamie said. Emmi looked around the room and Cass caught her eye.

"Whoa Cass!!" she exclaimed. Jamie and Cass ducked behind a couch and stared at Cass. THey hadn't seen her in school in over a week now. She usually spents up to four days straight in school with three to five days off inbetween.

They watched as Cass downed a whole bottle of Vodka by herself. Emmi and Jamie turned to each other. Was this the Cass they knew or was it just an illusion? They did miss Cass alot, maybe their brains are teasing them.

"I'm calling shennanigans" Jamie said. "I've imagined things before...i'm an artist it happens"

"CASSIE!!" Emmi exclaimed. The two hid themselves behind the couch. Cass looked over but didn't see who called her name.

"What did you just accomplish?" Jamie asked.

"I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone will know i'm not crazy" Adam crawled over to them.

"What is Cass doing here drinking?" he asked.

"See" Jamie was not having it.

"Drinking?" Jamie asked.

"She has a red solo cup in her hand...that's the international symbol for alcohol" Adam said. Jamie and Emmi peaked their heads over the couch to get a better look.

"Damn" Emmi cursed. They ducked down. "Should we say something?"

"No" Jamie said. "Let's find out why she's here first"

"Like spy on her?" Adam said. "We're not 12"

"Well she'll lie if we ask. She doesn't know we're here" Emmi said. "We had an argreement to not update facebook"

"Right, so how did she find out?" Adam asked.

"Beats me..." Jamie peered over the couch again.

"Hey Cass!" they could hear Frankie's voice.

"Oh no" they looked over the couch. Frankie approached Cass and started to talk to her. They seemed like they had a pretty easy going conversation. They ducked behind the couch again.

"He obviously told her we're here" Emmi said.

Elle walked into the living room with a red cup in hand. "What are you losers doing?" she asked.

"We're trying to figure out why Cass is here" Jamie said. "She hasn't been to school in days!"

"I know it was bothering me, too. Well all the seniors got invited" Elle said. "You're her friend, why don't you ask her?"

"How does one ask a girl who's been acting strange lately...why she's acting strange?" Adam asked.

"It's a real head scratcher isn't it" Elle walked away.

...

Lex sat by herself on the back porch of Sadie's house. Looking at her red cup. She spilled the remains of the cup of the porch. "It's not the time to get drunk" she said. "What's the point? Getting drunk won't solve my problems. It won't stop Elle from dating a rapist" the porch door opened and Ryan stepped out.

"God it's cold" Lex didn't say anything.

"Somethings wrong, L, tell me" he said. "We can't go out for months, have sex, break up and never talk again" he sat down next to her.

"Ok" Lex said. She took a deep breath in. "At prom last year...i was raped by Elle's boyfriend" at first Ryan thought this was some kind of sick joke. Why would Lex let ELle date her rapist? But then a few moments passed, and Ryan could see the hurt in her body language. She was slouching, looking at the ground, making no eye contact. She couldn't even say 'Randy'.

"Did you tell her?" Lex nodded. "And she's still with him?"

"Well I gave her my permission to date him before i even told her. She doesn't believe me" Lex sighed. She covered her face with her hands.

"I'll make her believe" he got up.

"Wait Ryan!" Lex tried to reach for his arm, even a leg but he was too fast. She got up. She didn't want to be here anymore. Elle would confront her for sure. Lex ran around to the front of Sadie's house and started her walk home. Maybe she'd get there in under an hour.

...

Ryan found Elle getting very close with Randy. "I need to talk to you, Elle" Ryan said. "It's urgent" Elle rolled her eyes.

"Can you say whatever with Randy here?" Ryan shook his head. she sighed. "Fine" Elle took Ryan outside where Lex was. She pulled out a ciggerette. He didn't know she smoked.

"It's about Lex...she told me Randy raped her"

"UGHH" Elle threw her head back. "That stupid lie again" she said. she took an elegant drag from her ciggerette. "I'm sick of her trying to ruin MY life. I know her well, Ryan, she has lied about me"

"Lauren" Ryan started. It made Elle listen for a moment. No one really called her Lauren, expect for her parents. 'Elle' was her normal side, the naughty, sassy, sexy, and mean way she acted around school and around boys. 'Lauren' was the person she was at home. The girl with dyslexia, struggling in school, but at the same time is very sweet and caring. "Rape isn't a joke"

"Sleeping with a teacher isn't" Elle said. "But she made that up, too, didn't she?" Elle found Randy in the other room. "Wanna head upstairs?" he smirked.

Ryan sighed as he watched her take him upstairs. He decided he was going to take this situation into his own hands. Lex was seriously hurting. No one could fake that kind of unhappiness. He pulled out his cell phone and called the cops. "Hello? I need to report something extremely important"

...

Cass put down her red solo cup in the bathroom. She looked into the mirror. She had to hide in the bathroom, at least until Adam's curfew. He knew Jamie and the others were watching her. She didn't want to see them.

She looked into the mirror and studied her face. Her eyes were red, her skin was pale. She didn't look like herself. It wasn't a secret anymore, she really looked...well, she looked terrible. She looked the way she was treating herself. She was abusing her body, waiting for it to destroy itself.

She opened her palm to reveal three white circular pills. A friend told her that one pill would knock her out. Three? Who knows what.

She swallowed the pills hole. She had a little bit of her drink before sitting down against the wall and waiting for the bliss to kick in.

...

Two police officers pulled their cruiser out in front of Jeremy's house. "We're going to bust them for more then just loud music" one of the cops said. That was the original reason they were called, just neighbor hood disruption.

It has been an hour since a report of a rape came in as well. In that one hour somone called in for a friend reporting a rape that took place practically a year ago. They didn't have a victim but the caller did hint at who the person committed the act was. Randy Williams. He had been known to hang out with the wrong people and be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had been linked to underaged drinking AND he was even suspected to be involved in a local rape case, but his father paid him to be left out of it.

One of the officers knew who Randy was. How convienet.

One officer went in the front door while another went around back. A couple was making out on the back porch and automatically got up and ran. The officer easily got into the house. As soon as people saw him they all went crazy and scattered.

The officer who went in the front door got in easily and yelled. "Ok parties over!" he smelled the smoke in the air. He noticed Jeremy running upstairs. The law and Jeremy were never mentioned in the same sentence. He never got in trouble, well at least they never caught him.

"Jeremy Walker!" the officer called out. He knew this was the Walker residence so he followed him upstairs.

Meanwhile the second officer wasn't letting ANYONE leave. He discovered a bit of marijuana on the counter in the kitchn. Minors and weed? not fucking happening.

Meanwhile, Emmi, Jamie, Frankie, Kylan and Adam had gotten out an hour before. Ryan told them he made the call and told them to leave while they had the chance. Ryan stayed behind to find Lex, that but involved leaving.

The first police officer lost Jeremy in the big house but he was looking through the rooms. Three of the bedrooms were empty, one of them were locked. The bathroom was locked but he could see the light on. He knocked on the door, tried to open the door and finally he kicked the door down. What did he see? a tiny blond girl, lying on the floor, clearly unconscious and bleeding from her nose.

"My god....SAM!" he called to his partner. "Call an ambulance!"

Downstairs after Sam had called the ambulance he remembered the rape call. "Is Randy Williams here?" he asked. Sadie, who was trying to blend in had to say something. She definatly didn't want to be an accomplice.

"He went upstairs with Elle" Sadie said. "Why?"

"He might be involved in a rape investigation" Sadie thought about it. Rape and Randy? Who did he rape? Would it make sense that it was Lex? she's been acting very strange for the last year.

"Rob! He's upstairs!" Sam yelled up the stairs. He took out his walky-talky. "We're going to need back up, we have an unconscious girl, a wanted teenager and drugs" There were about 50 people in this house. No one was going anywhere.

Rob didn't want to bust Randy for rape so instead he lied and said drug possession. It wasn't that much of a stretch.

He busted down the bedroom with the locked door. When he identified Randy on the bed with a girl, half naked. He made the arrest.