‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Kylan & Frankie

The first day back to the school after the party, and shit was spreading fast. People were trying to point fingers for the cops being called. They were mostly blaming Kylan because he's a ...lack for a better word an ass-hole to everyone he doesn't like.

People were now aware of Cass' situation. She was in the hospital since the party. Everyone knew how disturbed she was. Jamie and Emmi felt terrible knowing they were in the dark about their friends illness. Jamie felt absolutely horrendous knowing she didn't see the signs. What kind of friend is she?

Anyways, alot of people started to open their eyes about things. The school year is half way over and that means the seniors don't have that much time left. If anything, alot of them were changing their priorities.

Back to Elle and Randy. Randy was arrested for drug possession that night, which, convienently he had drugs in his car. He was then accused of the rape of Allexandrya Vaughn AKA "Lex". At first he denied it, and Lex didn't want to say anything about it but with a little persuation and inspiration from Ryan, she came clean and her doctor even provided some evidence when Lex went in for the pregnancy test.

...

Two months later and things changed. Lex won her case against Randy and right after Elle broke up with him.

...

"I'm just not feeling it anymore" Emmi said. "I love Adam but...i think i need something new" she smiled to herself.

Jamie didn't respond.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm just..." Jamie took her glasses off. "You love Adam, do you not love him anymore? Why do you want to break up?"

"I said i do"

"Then why do you want to leave him? Think about it" Jamie said. She put her glasses on and went on with her reading. "It's either you love him or you don't. You can't break up with him without a decent reason" Emmi thought about it. Kylan threw his books down on their study hall table. Jamie was so frightened she dropped her book.

"Thanks Kylan" she hissed.

"Sorry" Kylan had a seat. "I'm just...excited and i need your attention"

"What?"

"Westfield sends their decision letters today...I'm going to know if i got in in just a few days!" he exclaimed. Jamie smiled.

"Good for you"

"Did you apply to Westfield, too?"

"Yeah but i don't want to go" she said. "There's this art school in London i'm dying to go to. It' like my dream college"

"When do they send decisions?"

"Two weeks. I already got into my safetys. I'm just waiting for that one letter telling me my dreams will come true" she said.

"Good for you"

"Let's talk about Adam dumping Emmi" Jamie said. "Because it makes me frustrated" she took her glasses off. "So frustrated i have to take my lenses off"

"What?" Kylan asked. "Well...i get it, you want to move forward. Adam only applied to schools in the south because he's an abortion hating hick. I would leave him. Besides he's not that gorgeous"

"Looks isn't everything" Jamie said.

"That's tough for you to say" Kylan said.

"Did you just call me ugly?" Kylan giggled. Jamie was shocked. She had to put her glasses back on.

"I'm not saying YOU'RE ugly, i'm saying Frankie's ugly"

"Well...he has a cheeky personality so it cancels out" she said. they giggled togther. They stopped when Cass sat down at their table. She could automatically feel the rejection. They baby her.

"How's everyone?" she asked. She opened one of her text books.

"Fantastic" Kylan said. He didn't like acting happy around her because he felt bad that she couldn't be happy. "I'm getting my letter from Westfield in a few days"

"Do you think you got in?"

"I mean...my grades aren't great but i have a killer personality and story. They should accept me"

Jamie closed her book. "Life without Kylan Thorne, isn't a life worth living" she said. She immediately felt like she pinched a nerve with Cass.

"Now i wish people told me that...you're absolutely right my dear friend. I'm too incredible to not be friends with" He opened a text book. "Although Kat's getting pretty annoyed with me...she has her first boyfriend, this lame kid named Lyle. I think she can do better"

"It's her first boyfriend" Emmi said. "First boyfriends fail. You get the confidence after your first relationship to do and find better for yourself" Jamie smirked at her.

"I guess you figured it out" Jamie said.

...

"We need this guys night" Adam said. He picked up Kylan from his house first. He was going to pick up Kevin and Frankie for their night on the town that Friday night.

"I'm sorry about the break up...did it feel sudden?" Ky asked. He knew it wasn't sudden. Emmi was toying with the idea for days now.

"I guess not. I could feel her getting bored with me. What were we going to do after high school? I got accepted to Baylor"

"Whoa! like THE Baylor? The one you've been talking about for months now?" Adam smirked. "Congrats,man!"

"I know, i'm super stocked. I know it won't work out with Emmi. She's not the same girl i met junior year"

"And you're to blame" Kylan said. "In a good way. Like she said after your first relationship you get the confidenc to do and find better for yourself"

"Wait, she said that?" he asked. "So you knew?"

"Yup" Kylan said, completely nonchalantly. He didn't feel guilt. "I'm going to be honest. I'll benefit you both"

They arrived in front of Frankie house. He was already with Kevin. The two climbed in the back seat of Adam's car. The four drove to the capitol of their state, thinking they were going to have a blast.

But, before they even get into the city Adam swerves out of the way because of a deer and hits his car against a guard rail. The car breaks it and then the car slides down a little hill into a skinny tree that then proceeds to fall on top of their car.

"God damn it!" Adam said. He laid his head down on the steering wheel. "Worst week ever!" Kylan took his seat belt off and looked into the back seat.

"I'm ok, if anyone was wondering" Kevin said. They all got out of the car and looked around. They could easily see the road, and most cars looking over could see them. Although, it was late at night so not many cars were passing.

"Well this sucks" Frankie said. "We're only five minutes out of Boston"

"Don't remind me" Adam said. "First rule of being an ass hole, never swerve for deers"

"Poor deer was just frightened" Kylan said. "No need to get hostile" Adam surveyed the damage done to the front of his car. It was totally recked. No way he could drive it for a while.

"Who has a car that can pick us up??" Kevin asked.

"I'm blanking" Kylan said. "Who needs to own a car, we walk everywhere" Kylan said. "And when we can't walk we have Adam...well, we HAD Adam" Adam set Kylan the sassiest look any straight male has ever seen. "But Jamie has her license, call her"

"Ok" Frankie pulled out his phone. "No connection"

"Let's start walking" Kevin and Frankie headed up the pretty steep hill. That just left Kylan and Adam. Adam sat on the trunk of his car and pulled out his phone.

"This sucks. I'm having the worst week ever" he said.

"Imagine how Emmi felt when you cheated on her" Kylan couldn't help but bring that up. "You can get your car fixed, and you can know you two broke up on good terms but nothing sucks more then that" Adam couldn't even look Kylan in the eyes. "Trust me, nothings worst thn getting the syph" they laughed.

...

"I think you guys owe me" Jamie said on the following Monday. "I snuck out at midnight to get you guys" she said. "AND my mom is really touchy about me driving...driving in general she hates when i do it"

"I owe you a muffin basket" Kylan said. "Anyways" he pulled a clip board out of his back pack. "Frankie and I are starting a band"

"Really? He didn't tell me"

"It's a secret, only you know" he said. "But neither of us can sing so we need a lead singer and we're doing auditions after school. I know this might sound racist but you're black and ALL black people can sing"

"That was racist, but i'm okay with it. No i can't sing and even if i could i wouldn't join your band"

"Why not?"

"I'm hipster, but I'm not THAT hipster"

"Whatever. I have to listen to ten people sing after school. We're hoping to get a band for graduation. Frankie's a great guitarist and so am I so..."

"No bass? or drums?" she asked.

"We're getting there" he said.

...

After school Frankie and Kylan were waiting in the band room. They had four people audition and already they were getting tired of it. They couldn't find a decent voice. They needed someone with an edgy voice. Someone to fit their hipster image.

"Hold on, do this next audition. My mom brought me lunch" Kylan left Frankie alone.

"I can't judge sining talent" he sighed. "Whatever"

Kylan ran to the front of the school. His mom was parked outside with Kat in the car. "Thanks mom!" he got in the car and got his Wendy's. "I'm starving"

"How's the auditions going?" his mom asked.

"Uh...terrible. But we have six auditions left so maybe that will change" Kylan started to get out of the car.

"Oh yeah, this came for you" he got back into the car and took the envelope from his mom. It was neatly labeled 'Westfield University' in the corner.

"Oh Fuck" he cursed. He tore the letter open and just looked for the key words. "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS" He screamed. "FUCKKKKK YEESSSSSS!" he punched the air. He felt like he needed to do a back flip...if he knew how. "I can't belive i got in!" he clutched the letter to his chest.

...

Kylan skipped inside the school, carrying his lunch in one hand and his letter in the other. Now he looked gay-er then ever. Did you ever think someone could get this gay?

He skiped into the band room where Lex was with Frankie. "Lex, what are you doing here?" he asked. Ever since the trial they didn't communicat much. She wasn't around. It was like she was in and out before anyone noticed her.

"I'm auditioning" Lex said. "I've always been told i have a great voice...i just want to put myself in something...positive. If you will let me" Kylan smiled.

"Sure, you have two minutes"

In those two minutes, Lex completely wowed them with her voice. They didn't even need to hear the five other girls. They knew Lex was the ideal lead singer of their nameless band.