‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Jamie

Jamie stared at the ceiling for nine minutes exactly. Her alarm went off for the third time that morning. She didn't want to go to school anyone. What reason did she have to go? She got into Westfield, she was just waiting for her letter from UAL. After that she was out of here.

She just felt like...it's hard to explain.

She watched her best friend fall apart. And did absolutely nothing to help her.

She finally got out of bed the 5th time her alarm went off.

She headed downstairs for breakfast. Her mom was with her new boyfriend, some American car engineer, AKA Brandon Jenner's dad, Mark Jenner.

"Hey babe" her mom put a plate down on the table for Mark. "Want some breakfast before school?"

"No thanks" she headed right for the door. Not wanting to spend anytime with that level 5 pedophile.

"Oh...wait!" her mom grabbed a box off the table. "This came for you last night. I didn't want to wake you" Jamie put her things down and opened the box on the counter. It was from her dad in England.

She asked him to send her a few things from her room that she left there over the summer. Like the expensive pencils he got her and a few items of clothing. At the bottom was a letter with a post-it attached.

the post it said: "I knew when UAL was sending the decisons soon I needed to get it. You know letters from England to America take a while to ship. Call me when you open it!!' Jamie smiled.

"What's that?" her mom asked.

"My letter to UAL" she said. She didn't want to open it yet. She wanted to be with Cass first. She couldn't stop talking about UAL. Cass knew how important it was to Jamie. "I'll see you later" She quickly grabbed her things and headed out.

"Aren't you going to tell me?"

"I'll tell you later" she ran out of the house and ran down the street as fast as she could. She didn't care that she was wearing two inch chubby heals.

When she saw Kylan and Emmi in view she screamed at them. "GUYS IT'S HERE"

"It being your admission letter to UAL?" Kylan asked. The three close friends all squealed and jumped together.

Cass came out of her house. She saw the three of them squealing. She knew that would change when she arrived. They scared her.

She walked over to the bus stop."CASS!!" Jamie hugged the tiny blond. "I'm so excited. My letter from UAL is here! My dad made sure he got it from the college so he could over night it to me!" she paused and the smile quickly faded. "Are you okay?" she had to ask. It seemed like that's the only thing Jamie asked her.

"I'm fine, I'm fine don't worry about me...anyways...that's awesome!" Cass said. "Well...do you know?" Jamie looked at the envelope. She started smiling again.

"If i get in, i'll get to do everything i've been dreaming about" she clutched the letter to her chest.

"I can't take this!" Kylan ripped the letter away from Jamie and tore the little envelope open. He read for a bit for her smile the cheeky/creepy smile of his. "Congrats!!" the four of them all squealed like little school children.

...

The four of them got on the bus, and being the only seniors on the bus they owned it. They claimed the two back seats of the bus to themselves. No one dared to take ther place.

Kylan took the single seat while Jamie and Cass sat together across from him and Emmi in the seat diagnol from Jamie and Cass, doing whatever homework she had the night before.

"The only bad thing about going to UAL is leaving Frankie behind" Jamie said. "I love him so much"

"Didn't he apply there?" Emmi asked.

"Yeah but..."

"It's a prest-a-gous college" Kylan said. "Only the best of the best get in"

"Well, don't think about it" Cass said. "Take it one day at a time"

"You're right"

"Anyways" Kylan didn't want to get depressed quite yet. They were all aware that soon they would have to split up, and most likely their relatonship with each other will fall apart. "So you know the band Frankie and are are starting with Lex?" he asked that. they nodded. "We have a name! Wait for it" he took a pause. "The Caged"

"The Caged?" Jamie asked.

"Yes, the Caged...what do you think??"

"It's very hipster" Emmi said on the bright side.

"We're so going to play at graduation"

...

Emmi watched Jamie as she and Kylan put their names on the 'wall of students accepted to college'. She didn't get to put her name up there quite yet....because she's been denied to 3 out of the 6 schools she applied to, including her top school, Westfield.

It's mighty depressing watching all your friends figure out their future while you wait and lose hope. Even Adam had it figured out, and he hates everything main stream. She did have Cass, but even Cass had a plan. She couldn't afford to go right away so she was going to save up first for a few years.

"I can't wait" Jamie smiled. As she was pinchng the letters onto the board the letter before kept falling off.

"Your name is now Jaie" Kylan said. As he said that the 'Ky' in his name fell off. "Fuck"

"Hi Lan" He scrunched up his face.

"Shut up!"

"Emmi, when you get your name on the board are you going to put Emmi or Emmileigh?"

"Probably Emmi, no one knows me as Emmileigh expect for my mom" she chuckled. The smile quickly faded. She felt inferior.

...

That afternoon for lunch the gang ate in the court yard. Many of the privelleges they got with being a senior. That day Kylan invited Lex to sit with them. She wasn't sitting with Elle anymore and Sadie wasn't that supportive of the band. So she neeeded a new crowd and Kylan felt like they would be a good influence.

At first Lex felt pretty awkward since they had conversatons of ther own but Kylan and Frankie made her feel welcomed and made sure they all had conversatons that Lex was involved in. And after that first lunch they started to form a new friend group.

...

Elle was the last one to leave her history class. She didn't feel like herself. She felt like a terrible person, honestly, for ignoring Lex when she needed help the most. She felt like a terrible human being that shouldn't be allowed to live.

Her teacher, the same one she slept wth, called her over. "Lauren. your grades have been severely dropping" he said. She put her books back down on th desk. The teacher closed the door. It was the last perod of the day.

"I know" she said. She didn't know how to explain it. It was either senioritis or depression. A little bit of both.

"Is there somethng wrong? I'm here to help. There's only six more weeks until graduation. I don't want it to be hard on you"

"Um" she smirked. She knew one thing that would make her feel better. Since she ddn't have a boyfrend she couldn't get much of it. "Well. I'm just so lonely" she said. "I don't have many frends these days" The teacher closed the blinds on the door.

"I can be your friend" She sat on his desk and crossed her legs.

"Can you do me a favor then?" she asked. He got closer to her. A little too close with a student. He's a married man with two kids for god's sake! He sat down next to her on his desk. She gently moved her hand up his leg until she got to his crotch.