‹ Prequel: The Motto
Status: 4th in the series

We Run This Town

Everyone

Three weeks before graduaton, the lower classes would help put togther the senior's class' senior semi dance. It was their last big hoorah before they graduated. It's the least the underclassmen could do.

Many of the last graduating classes said senior semi was wild. Not the actual danc but the after parties. Adam was planning a crazy night. Although he wasn't into dramatic dances and such he wanted to have a good time with his friends. He probably wouldn't see them that much after graduation.

Emmi scrambled to find a date for weeks and finally found the perfect guy, a sophomore by the name of Fletcher Perkins. Even though he was a sophomore he acted and looked like a senior. He was one of the star pupils on the football team and he's one of the smartest guys in the school. He was the best choice. They had a thing in their math class for months now.

Of course Jamie and Frankie were going together, nothing new there.

Adam was taking Ashley, he was going to go stag until he heard Emmi was going with a sophomore (the ultimate insult, even though she didn't mean it to be).

Kevin and Lex reuinited. Kevin figured out why their relationship was so abrupt, they managed to work past it and rekindled the romance.

Kylan is going with Jeremy. Ryan is going stag and is pissed by Kylan's date choice. But who else could he date? There wasn't that many gay people in their school that they knew of.

Elle was going with Ben Murray after weeks of trying to repair their relationship. He promised he only had eyes for her. He knew all about Randy and he honestly felt bad for her.

Cass was the only one of their friends not going. She promised Jamie she wouldn't do anything crazy that night. She used her old excuse of: "I need to catch up on school work" however she wasn't fooling anyone, espcially Kylan.

...

That night, Kylan & Jeremy, Ryan, Frankie & Jamie, Emmi & Fletcher, Adam & Ashley and Lex & Kevin got a big hummer lmo to rent for the dance. Were they going over board with this whole limo thing? Yes, but they wanted to have tons of fun.

As soon as they arrived, Kylan, Frankie and Lex went to set up for their preformance. The Caged would preform the only two songs they wrote. They were hoping to play at graduaton in a few weeks.

"to fast...to furious" Frankie sung as he danced around Jamie. He looked like the skinny white guy he was. "I'm too fast too fast...to furious" he stoped dancing around her to breath.

"Are you done embarassing yourself?" she asked.

"Yes" She got up from her seat and took his hand. The two skipped over to the dance floor. They were bound to become cutest couple.

Emmi smiled at the two love birds. That's what she wanted. She wanted to be in a relationship where she could be herself, the weird person she was at the begining of junior year. Oh my, she's changed quiet a bit hasn't she?

"So where are you going to college?" Fletcher asked, just to break the silence.

"Oh...i don't know yet...let's talk aout something else...You play football right?" Fletcher nodded. "Oh , so you're the famous Fletcher Perkins. The one who is like the best at catching balls?" Fletcher chuckled.

"Yeah I guess i am...it's a family thing, my dad played football"

"Do you have any other siblings?" She asked. Now if he had an older sibling, who happened to be a male, she wouldn't be able to control herself.

"Yeah, one older sister who graduated like five years ago and i have three step siblings"

"Oh step siblings" she said. "That must be fun. My friend Kylan says they're a nightmare to deal with"

"No, they're not bad...you know Sophia Wallace?" Emmi nodded, the pregnant girl who had her baby earlier that school year. "Yeah she's my step-sister. We're really close. It worked out I guess--do you have any siblings?"

"Two younger brothers"

"Oh, that must be fun" Emmi giggled.

"They're twnins, both 7...it's not fun at all. It's the ages 2-5 when kids are cute then it goes downhill from there. Unless it's a girl then they could be cute up to like 7-8" they both laughed.

...

The Caged got set up on the stage behind the curtain for their set. "Where the fuck is Frankie?" Kylan asked in a rather agressive tone. He could feel his inner scottish accent coming out from his mom's side of the family.

Lex peered out onto the stage. "I see him, he's coming"

"Good" Kylan checked his phone. He was sweating balls. He never did someting like this before, he wasn't into sports or being in the lime light. He liked to piss people off. What if they booed them off the stage?

"Relax, Ky, we'll be fine" Lex said.

"Ok, ok, i'm here" Frankie said, he pulled Jamie backstage.

"Why am i here?" She asked.

"Tie my tie" he said. Kylan was just putting two and two together. Why did she need to tie his tie if he came in with it tied? He shook his head.

"You horny bastards" he said. One of the teacher chapterones came in.

"Two minutes" she said.

"Oh god" Kylan needed to take a seat. Jamie shook her head.

"Have a good set, guys" she left the stage and went back to her table. She pulled out her phone and tried to call Cass. Voicemail. She said she was at home. She called again, same response. She waited five minutes and then called again.

"What if she's asleep??" Emmi asked. Jamie had requested she try to call Cass as well.

"It's 7"

"Good point" Emmi called Cass twice but came up with the same response. "Facebook knows all. She liked my status earlier, maybe she's still online" Emmi opened up her facebook. "Yeah she's online, maybe she's just away from her phone. Relax"

"Ok"

The show went beautifully for The Caged. No one made any mistakes. They totally rocked to their own tune.

Elle noticed how happy Lex was on stage. She needed to talk to her again and try to make things right.

After their set Ryan was waiting backstage. "Hey Ry...how'd we do!?" Frankie asked.

"Amazing" he said. "Lex, you have a beautiful voice"

"Thanks Ryan" the two ex-lovers hugged. Ryan waited for Frankie and Lex to leave before he could talk to Kylan.

"Are you proud of me?" Kylan asked him. "I tried"

He smiled. "I am...until i saw you here with Jeremy. I wondered why you would want to go back to him. I know we had our differences, but i tried"

"You did" Kylan said.

"I was scared, it was something i wasn't used to and i'm still not used to but i told you the truth and i loved you unlike Jeremy but...still you go back to him" Ryan looked down at his feet. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake the feelings he had for Kylan.

Kylan smirked. He moved closer to Ryan, gently took his hand in his and kissed him. "You're adorable, you know that?"

...

Lex went into the bathroom to touch up her make up before they announced the king/queen of the event. She was nominated when people saw how much courage she had to fight back against Randy. She was like the school hero or something.

Elle walked into the bathroom shortly after. "Hey" she said softly. "Nice songs...i never knew you could sing" Elle got to Lex. "I have a few things i want to say...so don't interupt me"

Lex chuckled. "First, i'm sorry. I should have believed you. I really should have. It's just, we had alot of problems in the past and even though it SHOULD HAVE been water under the bridge, i couldn't help but remember them and use it against you. It makes me disgusted knowing i hurt you and i dated the boy who hurt you" she said. "It makes me feel so...awful. I just want you to know how deeply sorry i am"

Lex smiled. "Friends?" she asked. Elle attacked Lex in a hug. No matter what they did to each other. They couldn't just end their iconic relationship.

Emmi ran into the bathroom with Jamie. They were both staring at Emmi's phone. "Something wrong?" Elle asked. Lex pulled Elle back, not wanting Elle to play her bitch card on her new friends.

"What's wrong?" Lex asked.

"It's Cass, she posted this on facebook" tears were practically rolling down Emmi's face. Lex took her phone and broke down the facebook status.

Cassandra "Cass" Alderman: You don't have to worry any longer, it all ends tonight.

"Whoa" Lex said. She knew where Cass was coming from. "We're thinking suicide right?"

"Yeah" Emmi was seriously crying.

"Go quick!" Lex said. "Uh...i'll call an ambulance, you get over to her house"

"Ok" Jamie and Emmi left the bathroom. Lex pulled out her phone.

"Since when did you become friends with them?" Lex then realized that her friendship with Elle could never last.

"When they saw me for more then just Lex, and as a person, with feelings, with a personality" Lex explained. She called 911.

...

Their limo quickly arrived and Jamie, Emmi and Kylan took off to go to her house. They arrived after the ambulance did.

"Shit" Kylan said. They tried to get in the housse but officers were restricted them.

"IT'S MY BEST FRIEND IN THERE!!!" Jamie exclaimed. She practically pushed the 200 pound 6'3 officer over. She got into the house so fast. Kylan and Emmi were right behind.

Cass's sisters were in the living room with an officer. Kylan went over to them.

"Girls, where's your mom?"

"Working, Cass' supposed to be watching us" one of the little blond clones of Cass said.

"Is she okay?" another sister asked. She didn't look like Cass at all. Cass had curly blond hair and blue eyes, this girl had straight dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"She's going to be fine, she's just a little under the weather" Kylan lied.

In the mean time, Emmi and Jamie were upstairs in a heart beat. Just when they got to the top of the stairs, a stretcher carrying Cass' lifeless, unconscious body was being brought out from the bathroom.

"Oh my god" Jamie said. Emmi had to turn around.