Magic

Prologue.

Elise Johnson is many things --stubborn, risky, humorous-- but on this particular day in mid-May, she's late. Extremely late. But it's not her fault her water pipe busted and she had to wait at her apartment for her landlord, who apparently 'lost' her spare key, to come by with the plumber.

Now, she's wishing she just waited to call her landlord after she got home from work as she pushes through a surprisingly large crowd for ten in the morning. With her bosses coffee clutched in her hand, Elise carefully pulled her blackberry from her purse and dialed the office.

“Hope Springs Veterinary Clinic.” The voice on the other end yawned. Elise chuckled to herself because honestly, Janey is rubbish at being a secretary.

“Hey Jane, It's Elise.”

“Oi, slag, I don't even like my job and i'm here on time more than you are.” Jane cursed. Elise laughed because god knows it's true. Jane hated her job --she was more of a bright lights, cameras, fans type of person-- whereas Elise absolutely loved her job. Sure, being a veterinary assistant isn't exactly her dream job but she figures, with enough hard work she can climb her way up to being an actual Veterinarian and maybe even open her own practice one day.

Just as Elise was about to spew out some witty response that would make Jane laugh, a series of electric shocks ran up her arm and through her entire body as an someone just barely grazed her. Startled by the sudden sparks, Elise spun around and caught the eye of a boy no older than herself. He too was turned around, glancing down to his arm and back up to Elise.

“Jane,” Elise began, still staring at the curly haired boy. “life's about taking chances, right? You know, YOLO and living while we're still young?” Before waiting for a reply, Elise ended the call and dropped her phone back into her purse. At this point, Elise and the boy are in a full on staring contest, trying to put some reasoning behind the shock that they had both received. Sure, maybe it was just a huge charge of static electricity but something inside her was saying that it was so much more than that.

Before she could even process what she was doing, her feet were moving towards the boy. Though they were only a few feet away, she could have swore it took years to finally get to where he was standing. He opened his mouth, ready to speak but was interrupted by a pair of cold, mint flavored lips pressed against his own. He didn't have time to react before she pulled away and practically ran back in the direction she was going.

Damnit. She was going to be even more late now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah, i've been harboring this idea in my brain for months. Finally decided to just go ahead and write it. What do you think? Should I continue??