Magic

Elise.

“You uncultured swine.” Chortled Mr. Potato Head from the TV set. Elise chuckled and shoveled a few more pieces of popcorn into her mouth. From the kitchen, her flatmate rolled his eyes and continued stirring the spaghetti. “Is the food done yet?” Elise called, putting her now empty bowl onto the coffee table and strutting into the kitchen. “I'm completely starved.” Elise pouted, poking her seemingly flat stomach.

“You're kidding, right?” Logan scoffed, grabbing the pot and taking it over to the sink, where he poured the water and noodles into the drainer. “Elise, you've been sat on the couch for 3 hours, watching a marathon of Disney movies and stuffing your face.”

“But that was only sweets. I need real food, Logan. I need man food because obviously i'm a big, strong man.” Elise joked, sliding up onto the counter and pulling her legs up indian style.

“Yeah, a big strong man with a vagina.” Logan threw back. Elise stuck her tongue out at the boy and sneakily dipped her fingers into the spaghetti bowl, which now contained sauce. “Oi, get your grimy fingers out of my masterpiece.”

“Masterpiece? I'm pretty sure a two year old can make spaghetti.”

“Then how old does that make you because you burn water.” Elise narrowed her eyes at Logan and tossed a spoon at him.

“That was one time and it wasn't just water, there was sugar in it too.” Hearing the doorbell ring, Elise slid off the counter. “At least, I think.” She murmured before shrugging it off and skipping to answer the door. “Grimster!” She cheered, jumping up and wrapping her arms around the man in a hug.

“Lisey!” Nick cheered back, spinning her around. “How've you been?” He asked, walking in behind her and closing the door.

“I've been better. It seems your worse half gets pleasure from starving me.” Elise pushed Logan's shoulder and laughed.

“Are you staying for dinner? I'm sure Logan made plenty.” Elise looked between the couple and smiled. Never had she seen two people so in love. Logan and Nick completed each other.

Elise wasn't lucky enough to have some one like that. That and she just didn't have time. With her working 60 hours a week, she only gets a few hours to herself and with those hours, she does absolutely nothing. For example, today.

But she had to admit, it would be nice to have someone to cuddle, someone to kiss, someone to tell her she's beautiful.

“I think i'll go out for a bit, get some chips and some fresh air.” Elise kissed both of the boys on the cheek before snatching up her jacket from the couch. “You two lovebirds have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do.”

“But there's nothing she wouldn't do.” Grimmy whispered to Logan who chuckled in reply.

“I heard that, asshole.” Elise called before walking out the door of the flat. Hands shoved deep into her pockets, she began wandering down the streets of London, occasionally glancing at passerby's and shop windows. The sun had begun to set but when she noticed the black paint scattered along the brick walls of an old pub, Elise knew exactly where she was. Just a year earlier, she stood in this exact spot with her lips pressed up against a strangers.

The best kiss she ever had happened in this spot. God, she remembers it like it was yesterday. Bringing her fingers up to her lips, she traced their outline and let a soft smile dance across her face. She'll never understand why she walked away that day; maybe because of the embarrassment she knew was soon to come or maybe because she felt that nothing could work out between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but I really wanted to get something up before I went to bed. Hopefully more tomorrow if I get home from work early enough.

Enjoy!