Magic

Elise.

“So tomorrow? I’ll pick you up from yours around seven?” Liam’s voice through the phone filled Elise’s ear and she smiled, her free hand tucked beneath the top of her pajamas, resting against her hip bone.

“Yeah, that sounds great.” She whispered, glancing into the living room, where Jane still sat, a bowl of popcorn cradled in her lap and Closer playing on the TV for the second time. “Don’t be late, market boy.” Elise smirked and ended the call, grabbing a few drinks from the fridge before walking back into the living room.

“And who was that?” Jane asked, glancing at Elise from the corner of her eye.

“No one really.” Elise shrugged dropping onto the table and handing the soda over to Jane, who in turn, was giving Elise the most incredulous ‘you’ve got to be shitting me’ look the world has ever seen. “What?” Popping open the can, Elise pressed the opening of the can to her lips and sucked down the carbonation.

“You’ve been chatting up with whoever was on the phone since you got here.” Jane declared, “Also, Lise, you giggled. You haven’t giggled since that day…” Jane stopped, popping her lips before putting the bowl of popcorn onto the coffee table and turning excitedly toward her friend. “Oh my gosh, did you find him? The guy? That you kissed? On the street?” She exclaimed.

Elise raised her eyebrows because what? She hasn’t been looking for that guy for a few months. In a city like London, it’s not exactly the easiest mission to locate one person based solely off a single kiss in the street, no matter how breathtaking said kiss happened to be. God, she doesn’t even remember what he looks like. Except his hair, he had gorgeous hair, curly and shiny and more than likely, soft.

“Ha,” Elise scoffed, “No. That guy, he’s uh, he’s lost to me.” And yeah, so maybe she lied a bit because to be honest, if that guy walked through Jane’s front door right now, she’s pretty sure her clothes might --ahem--disappear. “It’s just someone I met at the market. Liam.”

“Liam.” Jane repeated. “And you’re going out with him tomorrow?” Elise nodded and Jane smiled. “Good, you need to get laid.”

“Jane!” Elise laughed, Jane in her ribs with her elbow. “I don’t need to get laid. That’s what vibrators are for.”

“You don’t even own a vibrator!” Jane returned before jumping off the couch, strutting down her hall into her bedroom. “Which reminds me, I need to get you a birthday present.” She called. Elise laughed and tucked her legs underneath her, casually scrolling through her messages.

Gud talking 2 u, cnt wait 4 2morrow! –L

“Are you texting him?” Jane asked, staring down at Elise, who innocently looked up. Jane scrunched her nose before snatching the phone from Elise’s hands and dashing to the bathroom before Elise even knew what was happening. “Jesus, what is this spelling? Didn’t the guy go to college?”

Elise, suddenly aware that Jane had her phone, darted up from the couch and over to the bathroom. “Jane Elizabeth Myers, if you don’t open this door, I swear I’ll—“

Before Elise got the chance to finish, the door opened to reveal a smirking Jane, who pressed the phone back into her hands. “You’ll what? Thank me later?”

“What did you do?” Elise groaned. She really didn’t have to ask because staring back up at her was Jane’s handiwork.

Why wait? Come over now. 223 Helm Street, Apartment 3B, bring a friend ;)

-----

“I’m so not even prepared for a date.” Elise sighed, her fingers pulling through her tangled locks of hair. “You’re going to hell for this, you know that?”

“And I’ll go happily knowing that both of us are, hopefully, getting laid tonight.” She conceded. “Look, Lise, you obviously like this guy and from the way he stayed on the phone with you, it’s obvious he likes you too. There’s no point to waiting.”

“Yes, there is and the point is this,” Elise waved her hands over body and around the apartment. “My hair’s disgusting, I smell like a combination of Cool Ranch doritos and pizza, I’m wearing pajamas, and I’m currently staring at a living room filled with empty containers of ice cream and take away.”

“Put you hair up, cover yourself in perfume, continue to wear your pajamas because if there’s one things boys like more than sex, its girls in pajamas, and this place is easily cleanable.” Jane shrugged. “Toss the rubbish, spritz the room a few times with air freshener and ta da! Problem solved.”

Elise shook her head, grabbing a hair tie from Jane’s bathroom and pulling her hair into a messy bun. She then moved to the bedroom where she changed into a different pair of pajamas and sprayed herself with perfume before walking back into the partially cleaned living room.

“I think I’m just going to call and cancel.” Elise announced, grabbing her phone from the couch and preparing herself to dial Liam’s number. “It’s too soon.” As her finger lingered over his name in her phone, a knock on the door interrupted her concentration.

“Too late!” Jane sang and bounded to the door, ripping it open and smiling at the guests. “Well, hello there.” She smiled. “Which one of you is Liam?” Elise blushed and hid herself from his sight, watching as he raised his hand and Jane practically dislocated his arm pulling him in. “Elise is in the kitchen.” She urged, pushing him closer to where Elise was hiding. “And who might you be?” She smirked at the friend who was currently ruffling his blonde hair.

Elise was pacing, fingers tugging at her shirt and straightening her shorts,. she kept glancing at her reflection in pots to make sure she didn’t look too bad. “Hey.” Liam smiled, hands shoved into his pockets.

“Hi.” Elise blushed. “Um, sorry about Jane. She a bit eccentric when it comes to handsome men.”

Liam laughed, “Well, thank you.”

“No, I mean, you’re not…well, you are handsome, I just, I didn’t mean it…” Elise stopped, looking up at the taller boy. “I’m putting my foot in my mouth, aren’t I? Right, I’m just going to say you’re welcome and show you into the living room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter didn't have much to do about Harry but it all adds up, eventually. :)