Magic

Elise.

God, she’s so tired. No, not tired, exhausted, bloody exhausted. Her head hurts, her bones ache and sweat is coating what could very well be every inch of her skin. In an effort to stretch, she lifts her knee and comes in contact with something soft, plushy, almost like a butt? Curious, with eyes still closed, she dips her hands beneath covers and connects it to the…yep, that’s a butt.

“Jane.” Elise whined, nudging her friend who only grunted in response. “Jane, get your ass out of my space.” With hesitation, Jane flipped onto her other side, now facing Elise. “Your breath stinks.” Elise swatted at the air and sat up, a bit too fast, the room spinning around her. “Jesus, how much did we drink last night?”

“I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure I ate the tequila worm.” Jane replied. “I don’t feel so good.” Elise looked around the flat because apparently they had fallen asleep on the floor, eyes shifting to the stack of empty pizza boxes and alcohol bottles. Exhaling, Elise reached over to the coffee table, where thankfully her phone lay. “Checkin’ for Liam?” Jane mumbled, her face halfway covered by the stray couch cushion.

Elise didn’t even realize that that’s what she was doing but when she scrolled through her missed calls and noticed Liam’s name, she smiled and okay, so she liked him. Big deal. “I’m gonna get some water.” She pushed herself up and into the kitchen where she dialed Liam, cradling the phone between her shoulder and ear. She reached up into the cabinet, catching a glass in her sweaty hand and filling it with water.

“Well, good morning.” Liam crowed when he answered. “I take it you’re as hungover as I am?”

“Probably more.” Elise replied. “I think I’m dead, I think I’ve literally died and my hell is a place filled with half eaten slices, empty liquor bottles and..” she trailed off as she stood in the doorway of the kitchen, eyes catching sight a of pair of boxers. “underwear.” She continued.

“Knew I felt a bit free leaving your place this morning.” Liam commented and Elise laughed, hand on her hips.

“Liam!” Elise sputtered. “I must’ve been completely gone because there was a fit, naked guy in my flat and I had no idea.”

“Two.” Liam corrected.

“What?”

“Niall, he was naked too, but I don’t think it counts if the only person who got to see you was the one you were having sex with.”

“Niall and Jane had sex?!” Elise shouted and put her hand to her head, because dammit, that hurt. From the floor, Jane sat up quickly and looked around, her eyes catching Elise as she stood in the doorway of the kitchen. “You’re an absolute slag, you know that? You’re not supposed to have sex on the first date.”

Jane shrugged, stumbling up and holding her hands out, as if the air would hold her up. “Technically, it wasn’t a date. You and Liam had a date, Niall and I were just along for the ride.”

“I think you took that a bit too literally.” Elise scoffed but smiled slightly, quite proud of her friend. Niall was way too fit for his own good.

“Besides, I’ll probably never see him again. Why not have him straighten out my libido while he’s here?” Stretching her arms, Jane slumped off to the bathroom, the faint sound of vomit entering the toilet. “Oh, god.” She groaned.

“My best mate’s a slut.” Elise ran her hands through her hair and walked over to the couch, falling down onto it.

“As is mine but what can you do, you know?” Liam laughed and Elise smiled back, closing her eyes when her head hit the back of the couch. “I know we just saw each other about three hours ago but do you want to go grab some lunch? I know of this little café with the best hangover food.”

“Hangover food, you say? I’m in. Pick me up from Jane’s in about an hour?”

“Yeah, see you soon.” Elise ended the call and dropped her phone into her lap, smiling largely.

-----

“This is delicious.” Elise moaned, taking another bite of the egg white sandwich. From across the table, Liam sipped on a cup of coffee, watching as Elise continued eating. “Want a bite?” She asked, holding out the sandwich to him. Liam shrugged and leaned forward, his mouth capturing a mixture of egg and bread and melted cheese.

“That is really good.” He confirmed, holding his hand over his mouth while he spoke. “I always order the pancakes when I come.”

Elise chuckled, grabbing her napkin and wiping her lips. “So, two dates in less than twenty-four hours. You must really like me.” Elise teased, suddenly reaching over and wiping off some stray cheese from the corner of Liam’s lip. He tensed and Elise pulled back, resting her hands in her lap. “Sorry, you just…”

“No, it’s okay. Your hands were just a bit chilly.” He replied. “What would three dates make me?” He questioned.

“Obsessed.” Elise smiled simply. “Why? Have something in mind?”

“Well, I told my mate I’d take him out because he’s been feeling a bit down lately and I just thought maybe you’d want to go.” Elise pondered it for a minute before nodding and smiling. “You’ll go?”

“Yeah, definitely. I’ll bring along Jane too, for Niall.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not the best but hey, what can i do? Lol, thanks so much for continuing to read even though i'm the slowest updater in the world!