Status: One-shot

Nobody Compares to You

1/1

Today was a lovely day, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. My friend, Allie was staying in the guest bedroom of my house, so I plan on spending the day with her. I also plan to tell her how I feel about her.

She's the most amazing girl I've ever met, and I'm so happy she fell into my life. The funny thing is, she actually fell. We were at a party, and she tripped over something, so when I saw her falling I didn't hesitate to catch her. If only she knew that the moment I looked into her eyes, I was in love. Who knew love at first sight was real?

I smiled to myself as I remembered that night, it was nice. The only problem is that it's been six months since that night. It's taken me so long to finally gather up the confidence to say something to her. At least I'm doing it today, right?

I walked passed the door of the spare room, and thought about waking her, but I decided against it. I'll let her get her rest since we were up really late last night talking and watching movies. I enjoyed watching them with her, because they were all of her favorites; like the A-Team and Braveheart. There were even times where she quoted some of the movies; it was so cute.

I know what I'll do until she wakes up, I'll prepare the day for her. I want it to be all about her, even though I'll be the one spilling my guts out. Maybe I shouldn't do it, she might only like me as a friend. No, I have to. For my sake, I need to get this off my chest.

I shook myself as I began to grab some items from the fridge. Maybe if I ate a little bit it would help me plan today better. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what I want to do, but I know it has to be outdoors. Allie said she wanted to go outside since we've been staying in so much.

A picnic maybe? Yeah, I think she would like that a lot. Okay, a picnic it is. Oh crap, do I even have a basket and blanket to use? I don't believe I do. Now what am I going to do? Maybe I could quickly get those things before she wakes up. No, too risky. I should look around for those things though.

I quickly finished what was on my plate, then I got up to search for anything that could work for a picnic. After about half an hour of looking, I finally found a blanket. As I suspected, no basket. That's all right, I'll find something. I'm surprised Allie's still sleeping, I made a lot of noise just now.

I took some more things out of the fridge, made sandwiches for the two of us, and quietly put everything in my car. When I went back inside, I saw Allie in the kitchen, looking through the fridge.

I froze in place, how long has she been awake? Did she see me leaving, or did she wake up after I left? She probably woke up when I closed the door to put the supplies in my car. Have I been caught? Did she see me with all the picnic things?

I started to panic on the inside, but I soon calmed down, I don't want her to see me freaking out. She was looking at me with a very confused look on her face. Oh no, what's she going to say to me? "Morning, Niall. Where did you go?" Her soft, angelic voice put me in a slight trance, but I soon snapped out of it. She's so pretty, it's no wonder why I'm so nervous to tell her.

"Oh, I was just checking something. Don't worry about it, darlin'." I flashed her a smile, then she shrugged. Obviously, she didn't believe me for a second. Right as she was going to get something from the fridge, I cleared my throat. She turned to face me, grey eyes staring into my blue ones intensely. "Uh, wanna go out today? It's really nice out, so why not, right?" Hopefully she says yes.

She smiled at me before saying, "Sure, I'd like that. When do you want to leave?"

"Whenever you want. Soon would be nice. It's up to you though." Don't blow it for yourself, Niall. This may not be my only chance to tell her that I'm madly in love with her, but I'm going to pretend that it is.

"I'll go get dressed, and then we'll leave, all right?"

I couldn't hold back the smile that was forcing itself to form. "Yeah, that sounds great." She gave me another smile, then she walked towards the spare bedroom. I decided to sit down on the couch as I waited for her to return.

I really don't want her to know what we will be doing today, it has to be a surprise. My stomach began turning with nerves and butterflies when I thought about what I'm going to say to her. This is making it worse, I shouldn't think about this anymore.

My thoughts were cut short once I saw Allie walk out. No one ever looked so good in a dress like she does. I want to kiss her, pick her up and spin her around if I could. Hopefully I'll be able to by the end of the day.

I was speechless as I looked her up and down; she's beautiful. I'm probably freaking her out since my mouth is slightly open. I closed it, then she spoke, "Are you ready to go?" She giggled after she asked that.

Her smile was contagious as I said, "Yeah, let's go." We left my house, and when we got to my car, I opened the door for her. It's a nice thing to do for a girl, right? Right.

We had been driving for about five minutes when she said, "You never told me where we're going, Niall."

"Oh, it's a surprise." Since I was focusing on the road, I didn't look at her. The rest of the ride was quiet, but it wasn't awkward luckily.

Soon enough, she and I were at our destination. The beach. A private beach, of course. I looked at her to see if she was happy, and she had the biggest smile on her face. "Niall, this is great. I didn't bring my bathing suit though."

I laughed and shook my head. "You don't need one, it's fine. We're gonna have a picnic. You okay with that?"

"Okay with it? Of course I am!" She said as she got out of the car and walked towards the ocean. She's so cute. I smiled to myself as I followed her, with the food and blanket in my hands. We found a spot near the ocean, but far enough so we wouldn't get our food all wet. That would be horrible.

"Isn't this nice, Allie?" I asked her. It was an honest question, and I really need to say something. I'm so scared she won't like me back, but I have to try, right?

"Yeah, it's lovely. I have to ask, why the beach?" I swallowed. I was afraid of this. Then again, what's more terrifying than telling a girl you love her? Not a lot.

It's now or never, time to tell her. "Uh, there's something I need to tell you. I've wanted to tell you for a while, but I never had the courage to say anything until today..." I looked down at the sand and began playing with it. Why did I stop talking?

She gave me a sweet smile before saying, "You know you can tell me whatever you want, Niall."

I looked in her eyes, "Well, I, uh, I've never met anyone like you before, and I love you." I said in a hushed voice. She probably didn't even hear me, it was so low. I went back to looking at the sand since I couldn't take her gaze.

"Y-you do?" She mustered out. I still wasn't able to look at her when I nodded. I felt my cheeks burn up, so yet again, I refused to look at her.

"Yeah, I always have too. Ever since I caught you at that party when you fell, I felt something when I looked into your eyes. I wasn't sure what it was at first, but now I know that I'm in love with you, Allie. You're perfect to me."

"I only have one thing to say about that," she said quickly.

I slowly turned to look at her, scared of what she might say. "W-what?" She stared at me for a while before she opened her mouth, but she stopped herself. I sighed in defeat, but I was soon alarmed when I fell backwards and had lips pressing against mine.

Stunned, I layed there frozen before I could even process what was happening. Is she really kissing me? Yes, she is. Right as I put my hands on her hips, she pulled away and stared at me. "I-Is that what you wanted to say?" She smiled and nodded at me.

"Yeah. I've wanted to for a while. I'm glad you said something today. If you weren't going to, I would've soon." She giggled.

"Good. Can I have another kiss?" She smiled once again and I enjoyed the kiss. This day ended up being better than I thought it would. I finally got the girl, and I have something that just feels right. Now she knows what she's done to my heart, and I wouldn't want anyone else to know but her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go, love!! I hope you like it :] I hope everyone else did too <33