Status: Still in process of writing it

Unwanted choices

Chapter 1

It was ten at night and my friends had just left. I know what you're thinking , a 17 year old girl should get a big party on her birthday with no parents around ,alcoholic drinks ,people doing the naughty in rooms but no this wasn't exactly how my party happened. Why not?

I only have three friends ,my parents would never let me have a party like that ,did I mention not having more than three friends? and I'm not too fond of all those stuffs anyway.

Nobody besides Tom, Emma and my coworker Sarah at the bookshop that I work at on saturdays, would want to be friends with "Nerdy Girl ". I don't blame them, I have to admit that I’m pretty boring with my huge eyeglasses , my always tied up hair, and my baggy clothes. And I’m so unlucky. If i start to list the things I got humiliated for I would never end.

I heard a knock on my door and slowly got up from my bed. I opened the door and saw both of my parents standing there. They looked extremely sad and mom looked like she’s been crying.
Worried I asked “Mom you alright?”

Tears welled up in her eyes and as she put her hand on her mouth, a sob escaped. Dad coughed once then said:

“Amalika , there is something really important that we have to tell you””

I closed my door behind me as I took a step forward.

“What is it?” I asked

“Come with us “my dad replied

Dad led the way to our library and looked for a book. When he found it, he sat on a chair and took out his glasses. Mom and I joined him at the table. Then after flipping through the books pages he took a sheet of paper and handed it to me .I took it as I looked confusingly at him. I started reading it.

May 15, 96

Mr. and Ms. Stone, I was informed that your daughter is growing up quite healthily.Aaron is now five. I will come by this week to discuss everything. I trust both of you to educate her properly and later I will inform you of what will happen if that is not done correctly.

E.M

I still didn’t get what was happening. I looked at my parents for more information.

“When you were born, the doctor told us that given the condition of you heart you wouldn’t live another day but only this really expensive surgery could save you. Your mom and I couldn’t afford it and we were desperate. That’s when a man presented himself as Eric Mansen , he told us that he would pay for it but in return at the age of 17 , we would let him marry his last son , Aaron, to you. We accepted praying to not get too attached and that seventeen years would be enough.'

"So this man is coming back to get me ?"I asked scared and hurt from their choice.

My mom nodded.

"When?"

"He will be here at midnight"My dad said.

My heart beat increased furiously in my chest from shock.

"Baby we're really sorry that you have to go through this and we we're probably being selfish when we made that decision because we didn't think at that time of how this would affect you, but I'm sure in our places you would have done the same"My mom said crying

I went to hug her and told her I didn't blame her.

After my mom and I went to my room to pack my clothes . I guess I was still shocked from everything that my parents told me. As I put my clothes in my bag , I knew my life just change forever and I would probably break down later but right now I would be strong for my mom. When we were done it was 11:45 my mom and I went downstairs and as she went to go make some tea I went to sit by my dad on the couch.

I guess I wouldn't miss my bedroom but my books, yes.I couldn't bring all of them with me but I took with me my favorites. I would awfully miss my parents but this man saved my life I should be able to thank him for letting me enjoy seventeen years of my life even if I would spend the rest of my life as a wife but it's not like my life was that interesting right?

Suddenly there was a knock on our door.