Status: Hi! Thanks for reading guys! I hope you like this story, i'm really working hard on it.

Whiskey Lullaby

Chapter One: When I look at you

Chapter One

"Everybody needs inspiration. Everybody needs a song, a beautiful melody, when the nights so long, 'cause there is no guarantee, that this life is easy!Yeah, when my, world, is fallen apart, when there's no light to break up the dark!"

I listen to my small Ipod as I ride the bus to my useless school where I don't learn anything. I suppose you could say that I've gotten over my family's unblinking misfortune for death. I haven't really thought about it that much in the last year. Make no mistake, it hasn't gotten easier, it still hurts full force when I think about it. Add on the fact that my only living relative won't take me in. My aunt Beatrice, doesn't like you if you don't have money. Much like I don't have.

The years have passed and I am now seventeen. High school is so boring here in Canton Ohio. And I thought Detroit Michigan in the 8 mile was sad. To get to the school from the orphanage you have to ride the bus through the narrows of the small city. The place where there is a high crime rate and you have to watch and calculate every move you make, or your a dead person. Not my choice for a school, but hey, even the criminals have to have some normality I suppose.

I get off the bus and swing my backpack over one shoulder, while brushing my long brown hair over my shoulder so it's not in my way. I sigh and walk up the stone path to the foreboding building ahead. It's a giant grey brick building with a rickety brown sign that says 'Canton High' on it.

"Move it, orphan," snarls one of the schools many jocks as he bumps into me and rushes off.

"Well, that wasn't very nice of him," an amused voice says to my right. A smile forms on my pale lips as I turn my head to my best friend, whom happens to be the leader of the 'sk8ter boi's' of our school. He has spiky bright blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He reminds me of Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy. He's wearing baggy black pants with lots of pockets, and a black shirt over a white shirt, his black board under his left arm.

"Hey, Aaron. What's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm worried about our exams coming up. Just think, next year we won't be in high school anymore! We'll be free!"

"Not quite, we still have collage to go through," I correct him. Aaron's face falls.

"I don't think I'll be going to collage, Rose. I mean, think about it, what are we going to do if we do? Most of us won't ever leave Canton, and even less of us that do will go to collage. What harm will it do if I don't go? Besides, I don't have the money to go."

"So get a scholarship! You have the credits too, and you work, you'll get through! Collage is really important."

"Maybe for you, but I don't see much of a future for me, even if I did go to collage."

I sigh as we walk into the building and head to our home room together. Kids were sitting on the table and rapping like always.

"This guy's a choke artist
Ya catch a bad one
Your better off shootin yourself
With Papa Dock's handgun
Climbin up this mountain your weak
Ill leave you lost without a paddle
Floatin shits creek!"

I shake my head as the class go's "ooh", and I sit down next to Aaron and our small group of friends, watching as the white boy come's back.

"This guy raps like his parents jerkin
He sounds like Eric Sermon, the generic version
This whole crowd looks suspicious
Its all dudes in here, except for these bitches!"

The black boy doesn't like that so he get's all up in the white boy's face.

"Your the new kid on the block
Bout to get smacked back to the boonedocks
Fuckin Nazi, this crowd ain't your type
Take some real advice and form a group with Vanilla Ice
And what I tell you, you better use it
This guy's a hillbilly, this ain't Willie Nelson music

Trailor trash, Ill choke you to your last breath
And have you lookin foolish
Like Cheddar Bob when he shot himself
Silly Rabbit, I know why they call you that
Cause you follow Future like you got carrots up his asscrack
And when you actin up thats when you got jacked up
And left stupid like Tina Turner when she got smacked up

Ill crack your shoulder blade
Youll get dropped so hard
Elvis will start turnin in his grave
I dont know why they let you out in the dark
You need to take your white ass back across 8 mile
To the trailor park"

Jimmy, or more commonly known to as Rabbit, snarls and makes a quick come back.

"So Im a German, Eh
Thats ok, you look like a fuckin worm with braids
These Leaders of the Free World rookies
Lookie, how can 6 dicks be pussies

Talkin bout shits creek
Bitch, you could be up piss creek
With paddles this deep
Your still gonna sink
Your a disgrace
Yeah, they call me Rabbit
This is a turtle race

He can't get with me spittin this shit
Wickedly lickety shot
Spickety spickety split lickety
So im gonna Turn around with a great smile
And walk my white ass back across 8 Mile!"

At this even I laugh. I liked Jimmy, he wasn't half bad. The teacher walks in and settles us down, but right as Jimmy was gonna take his seat, the black guy who had been battling him pushed over the chair. I shake my head and look over at Aaron and Jesse, Jesse being Aaron's right hand man. They nod to me and a smile.

"Hey, Rabbit! Come over here and sit with us," I call while waving him over. The short black haired, blue eyed boy looks at us with uncertainty but then he comes over and sits with us. For the rest of the lesson, we take notes.

After class I end up missing the bus and have to walk back to the orphanage. Thank god, I'd be 18 soon, so I could leave that place. As I walk I get to thinking. I think about my family for the first time this week. I broke down in an alley way. Tears streaming down my cheeks. This is what I've been afraid of.

I think I was there for a little under an hour before someone found me.

"Are you alright?" They asked. It was a male. I looked up to see a man with long black hair and a narrow face looking at me in curiosity and concern. He has brown eyes that sparkle. He's wearing baggy jeans and a grey t-shirt and boots.

"I-I'm fine," I collect myself, but cannot find the strength to stand from my sitting position.

"Are you sure, you don't look fine?"

"I said I'm fine, okay!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

I sigh in defeat and shake my head in despair. "It's fine, I'm sorry."

"Here, let me help you. Where do you live?" I look at him in distrust for a moment. What if he had other intentions? I look up into those beautiful eyes of his and all traces of uncertainty disappears. I feel like I can trust him. So I let him help me up and walk me down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! First chapter! First, I wanna say that I don't own any lyrics, and I don't own Eminem, or "Rabbit" as he's called in here. I decided I wanted to put more than one celebrity group in here. Also, in this fic, they aren't famous. At least, not yet, they will be later.