Status: Completed On March 4, 2013 At 11:43 P.M. THANKS FOR READING! !~^_^SAAVi^_^~!

For One Night and That Night With You

Chapter 7~Driving Her Off My Bridge

I don't know where I'm heading. I don't know where to take her. All I know is that needed to get her away from HIM.

I floored out of the parking lot. I floored in traffic. I turned left. Then it hit me. I needed to head for the only spot I knew MotherFucker would never go.

The trains.

It was on the south east side of town. No one in the 'upper totem pole' would go there. They'd get beat up, chewed up, and spit out. But that was where I grew up. I know that place like the back of my hand. There was only one problem:

April.

If I took her there, there's no doubt she'd run away from me after that stunt I just pulled. And then she'd be eaten alive. But it was the only place where HE wouldn't follow. And, if I was there, where he couldn't kill her.

"J-J-Jorel, w-w-where a-a-are y-y-you t-taking u-us?" She stuttered every word.

"Somewhere HE can't hurt you." I clipped my words.

"You mean Ad-"

"DON'T say HIS name. Never, EVER." I needed her to get the point.

"W-w-why?" God, women can be so annoying.

"I'll tell you as soon as we get to where we need to go. Now shush so I can concentrate on driving." I wasn't trying to be mean. Honestly I wasn't. But I needed to concentrate so I didn't crash us. I last thing either of us needed was death.

~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled up beside the trains. I rushed to get out of the car. April beat me to it.

"April, wait!" I rushed to catch up to her. I grabbed her arm. She turned around, with a look that said 'I fucking hate you.'

"Get your hands off me! Adam was right, you probably will rape me. I said get your grubby hands off me!" If I didn't let go of her, she might just yell rape. But I couldn't let her go. She'd get eaten alive. And then some.

"No! You'll die if let go of you!"

"Yeah, b-because you'll s-stab me b-behind my b-back!"

"No, I won't! For Christ's sake, will you listen you me?!"

"Give me one d-darn good reason!"

"Adam will kill you!" Fuck. I said it. Out loud.

"W-w-what? That's bullshark!" She looked hurt, as if I said that about her.

"No it's not! Just fucking calm down and let me explain then if you don't fucking believe me!!"

Her looked softened, and she cowarded down a few inches, making her look sad and defeated. "Just tell me what happened, but, please, don't yell like that again..." I quickly gave her a hug.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry." She wrapped her arms around me, and we stayed like that for a while. But I had to break the tender moment with a very disturbing story.

"It was last year, around June, and me and girlfriend at the time, Summer Evans, were talking on the phone. It was a conversation about what we were going to do about my birthday. The conversation took a dirty side. Then I heard a knock at her door. Faint, but there. She told me to hold on, and that she'd be right back. I heard her open the door. It took me a while to recognize the voice that had entered the house, but after a few minutes, I knew who it was.

"Adam Grant. I didn't know why he was there, and neither did she. But she led him toward the couch, but he went to the kitchen. He told her some bullshit story about how his parents kicked him out, but I knew it wasn't true. They continued to talk, and she followed him into the kitchen. Big mistake."

"What happened next?"

"I heard a knife faintly being drawn from it's holder, then I heard Summer scream. The only thing I could hear after that was stab after stab after stab to her body." I put my forehead to April's shoulder. It hurt to recall the sounds, but I had to. For her sake.

"My God..."

"That's not all. I heard someone rustle the phone, and Adam's voice boomed from the mouth piece. He said, If you ever take a girl from me that I like again, then there WILL BE HELL TO PAY.' I was horrified."

"What t-then?"

"I hung up, and jumped into my parent's car. I raced to her house, a deep feeling in my gut that I was to late. When I got there, I found my gut was right. His car was gone. I got out of the car, and rushed inside, finding the front door unlocked. I stopped, and I began to tremble. I saw the long kitchen blade he used to cut her with. And the pool of blood she left from getting stabbed. Then everything went black."

"What happened, Jorel?"

"I passed out from shock. I woke up in the police station."

"Where were her parents? Did they take you?"

"No. Her parents were on a business trip. But they rushed home to identify her."

"What'd the police do to you?"

"They questioned me. I figured they thought I did it. But I was released, the police having no evidence that I did."

"Did they question Ad-him?"

"No. That filthy bastard got away with murder."

"Oh, I-I-I-I-I'm so s-s-s-sorry, J-Jorel. That must h-h-have been a-a-a-awful."

"It was. And that's why I don't want you around him. Or me."

"What?" April pushed away from me. "Why?"

"He might kill you, too."

"Why me? He doesn't like me."

"You think that. But he does. That's why I don't like police, either."

"Oh, Jorel." She pulled me into a light bear hug. I hugged her back. She leaned her head back, and gave me our last kiss for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I need to stop it with the cliff hangers =_="
Anyway, shocked? Yeah, I warned ya'll that ther be a few tricks up my sleeve. DIDN'T EXPECT THAT SHIT, DID YA???!!!!
REFERENCES:
Los Angeles and it's inhabits. Duh.

^__^ ^-^ >;}