Sequel: Band Meets World

My Warped Summer

Wrists Are For Bracelets, Not Cutting

Scarlet's Point of View

“Hey, what happened out there?” I said as soon as Genevieve went to her bunk and Allison sat next to me on the couch.

“The usual intermission, courtesy of Genevieve,” she muttered and crossed her arms. “I’m getting tired of it. I mean, really – what is her problem?”

“I don’t know, but you can get through her bitchery,” I gave her a quick hug.

“I hope so,” she stood up and walked to the new mini fridge we had installed into the bus. “When did this get here?”

“We installed it today,” I jumped up and swung open the fridge door. “Behold your sustenance for the next week!”

She laughed and grabbed a Dr. Pepper. I took one as well.

“So how are things with you and Kellin?” she nudged my arm as we climbed up to the top of our bus. It had a sky roof that we often took advantage of to sit on the bus when we were spending the night at a venue.

“Things are good,” I smiled as I looked at the stars. “He probably the most perfect guy I’ve ever met. He’s done so much for me; I just don’t know how to do the same, you know?”

“Giving him your love is enough,” she turned to me. “You don’t need to give him anything. I can see how much he lights up when he sees you.”

I warmed up inside just hearing that. He really meant so much to me.

*#*

I woke up to the sound of Emma practicing on her drums outside.

Genevieve was standing over me. Gosh, that’s a creepy sight.

“Since it’s Monday, Warped doesn’t start until 5:00 pm, so everyone is free to do what they want. But we’re playing Main Stage today because of some sudden popularity growth,” her upper lip curled up. “So make sure you’re here right sharp. We’re not going to wait for anything if we’re playing on Main Stage.” And with that she walked away.

Chills crept down my spine. She acts like she’s a robot.

I got up and pulled on white shorts paired with my combat boots and an Anthem t-shirt Kellin let me borrow - which was 2 sizes too big for me. I did some quick makeup and headed out the door. To my surprise I found Jaime lingering near the door.

“Uh, hey, Jaime. What’s up?” I said still trying to get out of my just-woken-up daze.

“Oh! I just wanted to know if - ” he started to say.

“Scar!” I heard my favorite voice yell and come jogging towards me. “Hey, Jaime! Scar, I was wondering if you wanted to get breakfast with me.”

“Sure, I’d love to,” I giggled as he was catching his breath. “Might want to start lightening up on all that junk food though.”

“Hey!” he protested as he poked my stomach.

Then we both realized Jaime still standing there awkwardly.

“Oh, Jaime, um. If you want you can join us,” Kellin offered slowly.

“Nah, I’m fine. I’ll just go... catch up with the guys,” and with that he walked off. I felt kind of bad as I watched him head away.

I faced Kellin and he caught both of my hands in his so that we made a kind of circle with our arms.

“Before we head off, I just wanted to give you something,” he took a little box out of his pocket and shyly held it out to me.

I opened up the box to reveal a small silver bracelet with a tiny heart charm.

“Wrists are for bracelets, not cutting,” he whispered as he leaned his forehead against mine.

“Thank you so much,” tears were forming at the corners of my eyes. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Scar,” he wrapped me in a hug. We both stood there in each other’s warmth.

We reluctantly broke away and he put the bracelet around my wrist.

We soon headed off and had an amazing breakfast of panini sandwiches. Who knew a sandwich could feel so life changingly delicious. We got back to the Girls In Skirts tour bus at 4:00 pm sharp considering the warning Genevieve had given me earlier.

“That was really fun and seriously thank you for the bracelet. I can’t even tell you how much it means to me,” I looked at Kellin.

“I just hope that you keep that promise for me, okay?” he smiled and his eyes crinkled at the edges. I stood on my tiptoes and gave his nose a quick peck.

“I will keep that promise forever as long as you’re with me,” I smiled.

“Oh and um, I just wanted to talk to you real quick about something,” he took both of my hands and glanced at his shoes.

“What is it?” I asked getting worried.

“Well, I know Jaime is a good guy and he’s a great friend, but I just - just be careful around him, okay?”
“What do you mean?” Jaime seemed okay to me.

“Well, just make sure that he doesn’t go any further than just friends,” he looked into my eyes with real concern.

“Of course, Kellin!” I wrapped my arms around his neck to bury my face in his hair and closed my eyes to take in his cute boyish scent. “Jaime and I are only friends. We will stay just friends, don’t you worry.”

As I opened my eyes I caught a glimpse of Jaime turning around the corner. Oh God.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I really hope you like this chapter and I am SO SO sorry that it took so long! I don't even know why ;_; I hope you guys forgive me because I really do deserve to be punished for holding ya'll off that long. I hope this chapter makes up for it. :3 Stay to see the next chapter from Kittie (Katie's new nickname - I came up with it myself, no big deal). ~Christi