Sequel: Band Meets World

My Warped Summer

Some MORE Road Trip

Scarlet's Point of View

Already one hour into my driving part, I was restless with my black polished nails tapping against the steering wheel. I fingered my guitar pick necklace and glanced at Allison through the rearview mirror. Blanket snug around her and holding her book like a teddy bear as usual. I couldn’t help but smile at the whole thing. Just the whole situation in general. Two girls sneaking off to Warped.
Allison and I being complete opposites studded our friendship. She was always telling me not to misbehave and I was always forcing her to misbehave. We basically balanced each other out.

*#*

5:30 AM. I sighed in relief realizing my driving time was up. I spotted a small dirt space on the highway to stop.

“ALLISON WINTERS, I BELIEVE IT IS YOUR TURN TO DRIVE.” I yelled using my announcer voice.

“Scarlet Smith, I believe it is your turn to shut the fuck up,” she whispered with squinty eyes.

I tugged the blanket off of her and practically ran to the passenger seat to throw open the door.

“So what shall we listen to now?” I say as I plug my own iPod into her car.

“Of Mice And Men,” Allison said with a grin.

*#*

After two more shifts of our driving, we were finally arriving at Warped. THE Warped.

“OH MY GOD ALLISON WE ARE AT WARPED. WE ARE AT FREAKING WARPED,” I could barely contain myself bouncing in my seat.

“Yes, I am aware of this fact, Scar.” Allison was obviously too dazed of sleep deprivation to feel the wake up call. “Do you want to check in first or get to a bathroom?”

I took my blonde hair out of its ponytail and checked my diamond nose ring in the rearview mirror.
“Nah, I’m good. You?”

“Bathroom wise? I think yes.” She responded, her eyes wide as she let the excitement sink in.

“Then let’s do it, babe!” I gave her a rock hand sign an inch from her face and bolted out of the car.

“So um, where do we cash in our tickets?” I used my hand to shield my eyes from the sun as I looked around the site. Banners with the Vans Warped Tour logo, guys in beanies and tats, girls in band shirt cut offs, and big burly security guards around band buses.

“I think there’s a white tent over there where we check in,” she pointed to a very, very long line leading to a white tent that said TICKET CHECK-IN.

“Oh heeeeell no. We got tickets that skipped the lines because we paid early, right?” I said.

“Oh God, you had better not put out that Southern draaaawl when we meet band members,” Allison scrunched up her nose. “Look there’s the pre-sale ticket line!”

I looked over to a MUCH shorter line in front of a light green tent. Alongside the tent was a red and black plaid bus with the band logo Girls In Skirts. Hm. Never heard of that band before.

I grabbed Allison’s hand and we skipped over to the check in station.

We slowly but surely made our way to the front of the line. I let Allison take care of the exchanging. As soon as she gave the guys the tickets, they handed us back two envelopes.

A guy with a scruffy beard and various lip piercings spoke, “Inside the envelopes are your bracelets for proof of payment, a food drive pamphlet if you want to donate, and a ticket for one free band t-shirt.”

Allison and I walk away from the tent. I give her a look.

“WE’RE FINALLY IN,” I squeal.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this chapter was written by the glorious ChristiCoffin, although she still won't let me add her as a coauthor. xD Yay for Christina!
Hey I just got added ^_^ And yes - yay me! xD ~christi