Sequel: Band Meets World

My Warped Summer

Maybe We're Just Having Too Much Fun

I grinned at Katelynne as I made a final note on my clipboard. She grinned back knowing that the conversation was friendly. Sarcasm is the finest of all humor.

“So I guess that’s a wrap, guys?” I sprung out of my chair.

“Yep!” Emma yelled. “Now we need to get ready for our set, so Katelynne, I’ll get Cassie to show you the basic tones for the songs we’re playing tonight. Allison, I think you should start warming up. Scar the guitar solo for ‘Out to Sea’ needs to be a little bit tighter so go and get a better pedal from the practice room. I’m gonna go get some new drum sticks and practice. Everyone has an hour.”

We all just stood there for a moment.

“Well, let’s go!” Cassie shouted and we all set off our different ways.

Before I could get out the door, Allison pulled me aside.

“Hey, is everything okay? What with all the Kellin stuff…” she said with concern.

“Yeah, I think I’m fine,” I sighed. “Just a little tired from all the drama I guess.”

“Okay, well if you need my advice on anything, there’s always the rooftop,” she smiled.

“Of course,” I smiled back. “I actually do need to talk to you about something, but it has to wait until later ‘cause it’s kind of complicated.”

“Sure thing!” she gave me a thumbs up and disappeared behind the partition to get her headphones for warm ups.

I quickly grabbed my guitar and pulled on some shorts, Converse, and cut off top from Pierce the Veil before I headed out to the practice room.

I walked into the room to find none other than Alex along with Rian.

“Yeah, don’t get too heavy but just enough so that we can hear the beat of it,” Alex was saying as he turned around at the sound of the door closing.

“Oh, sorry,” I said quickly. “Do you guys need the room?”

“Nah it’s fine, we’re just about wrapping up,” Rian said as he got up from behind the drum set. “Actually, I really need to go do a sound check. See you, Scarlet! See you, Alex!”

“Well that was sudden,” I said heading over to the guitar area.

“Yeah, he’s always full of energy,” Alex laughed. “So what brings you here?”

“Looking for a better pedal,” I picked up a couple. “Need a solo to sound tighter.”

“Ooh, I know a good one to use,” he headed over next to me and handed me a black one with a patch of duct tape on the side. “It looks beat up, but it works amazing.”

I took it and set it on the floor to plug it in.

“Thanks,” I grinned.

“No problem,” he smiled back. “Just helping out a fellow guitarist. Do you mind if I stay and listen?”

“Not at all,” I winked as I pushed the plug into the guitar. I started off on the solo but kept getting weird chinking sounds that dulled the strings. Alex must have noticed because he was raising his eyebrows as I mouthed “what’s going on?”

I stopped.

“I think that silver bracelet is getting in the way of the strings,” he pointed to my right wrist.

I stared at it. I hadn’t even noticed I still had it on. It was the bracelet that Kellin had given me. Why was I even still wearing it? Should I take it off?

“Oh,” I said still staring at it.

“It’s from Kellin isn’t it?” Alex said stiffly. I looked up.

“Well yeah, why does it matter?” I said in return.

“Nothing…” he trailed off and looked away.

“It’s not nothing, Alex,” I crossed my arms.

“It’s just the way he talks about it, he almost makes it seem like a wedding ring or something,” he said.

It’s a not a wedding ring,” I replied. “It’s just… a gift.”

“Oh really?” he got up from where he was sitting and walked a little closer. “Well then maybe it’s more like a handcuff.”

“What are you trying to get at?” I said getting defensive. “Kellin and I are just on a break right now.”

“Then why don’t you take the bracelet off?” he questioned as he folded his arms.

“Just because…” I replied. But I didn’t know the answer myself.

“You don’t know, do you?” he smirked.

“Oh and you do?” I said coldly.

He threw his hands up.

“Look, I’m just telling you the truth. He acts like he owns you!” he raised his voice.

“He doesn’t own me! It’s just a promise I made, okay?” I was shouting now.

“Oh come on, Scarlet! Don’t try to act like you don’t know. Everyone saw how he reacted to you and Jaime! He wouldn’t even let you hang out with him – I’m surprised I’m even able to talk to you right now!” Alex shouted as well.

“That’s not true! He just overreacted a little!” I yelled back.

“A little? Bullshit. You two almost broke up over that!” he shouted.

“We’re on a break! You don’t know shit about my life! Why are you even concerned?” I shouted.

“You know what? Forget it. I tried to help you, but obviously you’re too blind to see the truth,” and with that he stormed out of the room.

“Fine!” I yelled after him and glared at the door.

I didn’t need an asshole for a friend anyway. I packed up my things and took the pedal. I didn’t need Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG THE FEELS IT TOOK TO WRITE THIS
I hope you guys liked the chapter though. :3 We really appreciate all the support and comments we get. <3 Katie's gonna have the next chapter up soon, so keep looking! ^_^
~christi