I Kid You Not

005

Gerard's Point of view

"Charlotte?" I called out into the small apartment as I stepped through the white door frame, the paint chipped and peeling.

"Hey babe," she said, appearing from the kitchen. Her long blond hair was piled on top of her head in a messy bun and her hands were hidden inside a paid of greasy yellow rubber gloves. She walked over to me and, careful not to touch me with the gloves, she wrapped her arms around my neck and pecked my lips before disappearing into the kitchen again. I sighed and followed her, stopping in the doorway and leaning on the frame.

"Lotty?" I asked again, using her nickname.

"Hmm?" she replied, poking her head out of the cabinet under the sink, wrench in hand.

"Something wrong with the sink?"

"Mhm," she replied, disappearing underneath the sink again.

"OK," I said, not bothering to ask what was wrong with the sink. There was always something broken around here, and Lotty always insisted on fixing it herself, even though she only made it worse. I had given up on that endless debate.

As I walked into our small bedroom, my thoughts drifted to Frank. God he was beautiful, with the way his jet black hair fell into those haunting hazel eyes that I got lost in far too easily. The shiny piece of metal that adorned those lips that I yearned to feel against my own. The soft olive toned skin that my fingertips would skim over oh so smoothly.

"Gee?" Lotty called out. I shook my head to rid my mind of the thoughts. I can't thinking about him like this. He's a minor, it's illegal.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Could you call a plumber?" I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone, quickly dialing the number that I had memorized by this time, thanks to too many of Lotty's fix-it-up-projects-gone-wrong.

"Hello," the rough voice on the other end of the line answered after three rings.

"Hey man, it's Gerard," I said as I balanced the phone between the side of my head and my shoulder and lent against the wall with my arms crossed.

"Lotty again?" he asked knowing the answer.

"Yup."

"What'd she do this time?"

"I don't know, something about the sink. I didn't bother to ask."

"OK, I'll be there in about an hour."

"Thanks," I replied before hanging up.

I sighed and ran a quick hand through my messy hair, standing up straight again. I really need to stop thinking about this kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Chelsea and I were in Washington D.C. from Wednesday till Friday, and I didn't get a chance to write the chapter during the trip and I was having writer's block after. But anyway, enough excuses. Here's the chapter. I hope you guys like it more than I do..

<3