I Kid You Not

006

Frank's POV

I rolled over onto my back, letting myself sink into the plush blankets piled onto my bed. "So what am I supposed to do about this?" I asked.
Bob's end of the reciever was silent for a moment. He finally spoke up. "Well, I don't know," he replied as if it were obvious.
I pressed the phone closer to my ear and tapped my pencil against my chin. I sighed. "I mean, is there anything I can do? It's not like I'm ever going to see him." I shoved my hand through my hair, choking down major frustration.
Bob paused and I heard the faint sound of chewing. He swallowed obnoxiously. "I bet you could."
"Bet I could...what?"
"I mean I bet you could figure out a way to see him," he stated with a hint of suspicion in his voice.
I gripped the phone tighter and sat up quickly, facing my closed bedroom door. "Tell!"
Bob spoke slowly. "So let's say...you hurt your ankle," I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was grinning madly. "Docter Way would have to take a look at that, wouldn't he?"
"You really think that I could pull off a fake injury??" I questioned him in all seriousness.
"Yeah, why not. I mean all you have to do is cough a little, throw in a exagerated limp, maybe a rash or two, and PRESTO! Insta-injury," Bob said convincingly.
I chuckled and got off the bed. It groaned at the sudden release of weight and I got up and walked across the room. I stared into the small mirror on my wall and sighed. "Alright. I'm gonna do it."
"Awesome. So if you need any help with this, you know where I live," Bob said.
"Okay. Thanks for the idea, man."
"No problem. So I'll talk to you later," he replied.
"Yeah. See you."
We hung up in unison. I continued to stare into the mirror. I sighed and began to think of how I was going to pull this off.
--------------------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY

I wobbled into Dr. Way's bright room. He stuck out a hand for me to shake. I grabbed his hand and let myself into his room, limping towards the seat. I sat down and scratched away at my "rash", careful not to let it smudge. Lipstick isn't permanent you know.
"So Frank. What's the matter?" he said as he held the same clipboard he had last week. He sat across from me and stared into my eyes.
"Um..I.." I stuttered as i wiped away the beads of sweat forming at my hairline. I can't be nervous. I'd rehersed this last night a dozen times. "I think I have a rash. I don't feel well."
He studied my arm, looking at the red marks closly. Too closly.
Dr. Way reached out to touch my arm. He laid his hand against my skin, sending a shock through my veins. He pulled his fingers back and looked at them with one eyebrow raised.
He turned back to me and showed me his fingers. A red residue was slightly smeared on them. Oh crap.
"Well it appears your rash," he paused to lift his fingers up to his nose. He sniffed. "Is..lipstick?"
I shuffled nervously. "Oh...I -well I guess that's why it dosn't hurt anymore!" I chuckled nervously, attempting to make a joke out of this.
Dr. Way wasn't amused. Crap crap crap...
"But, I do have this..this horrible cough," I coughed roughly, possibly sending a drop of spit hurdeling his way. I covered my mouth and continued to cough.
He showed no signs of believing me. "And! And this limp. I was wondering if there was anything we could do about that," I said as I wondered if I was pushing it.
The docter sighed and told me to open my mouth. I obliged and he searched in my mouth, examining my throat. "Seems fine," he stated, a tinge of frustration in his voice.
He then rolled up my left pant leg and stopped midway. "Wait, this is the one that's hurting, right?" He stared as if to test me.
"Umm.." Well I guess I fail the test. He knows. He has to know. I attempted to remember what leg I was leaning on when I came in. "Yes."
Doctor Way continued to feel my leg, pressing different spots. He finally rolled my jeans back down and checked off something on his clipboard. "Okay. You're all good. For now, just try not to over work your leg to much," he said as he turned away from me.
"Okay. Thanks Dr.W," I whispered as I exited the room.
I caught a glimpse of him standing with his head in his hands. He sighed.
I continued to walk, completly forgetting my limp. I rushed out of the doctors office, ignoring the goodbyes from the women at the check in desk.

Gerard's POV

Frank closed the door behind him and I let out a strained grunt. I punched the seat and watched the temporary dent I made fade away.
If he keeps doing this to me, making me feel this way...I don't know what I'll do. I can't handle this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
i would self promote myself right now, (hey, if julia can, so can i =D ) but I don't feel like it...lol
Hope you like.
<3chelsea

___________________________________________________

Chelsea, you're so lazy. Can't even self-promote.
READ THIS PLEASE! It's amazing :D
<3Julia