‹ Prequel: Cats and Dogs

The Golden Quartet: Year 1

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“How did you do?” Hermione asked Astrid, as they walked down to the lake, once they had just finished taking their final exams.

Astrid sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, “I’m sure I’ll move up to the next grade.” She said tiredly.

“Yes, but what do you think you got?” Hermione insisted on knowing what Astrid thought her scores were because, though she knew she studied much harder (especially seeing as how Astrid didn’t study at all), Astrid had the advantage of being a pure blood witch and raised in the magical community and obviously knew great spells.

“Passing scores.” Astrid said dryly.

“I’ll never know how I got through them.” Harry said as he rubbed his forehead. Ever since the encounter with Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest, Harry’s scar had been bugging him.

“Well, we’ll know if we passed or turned out like those apes, Crabbe and Goyle, by next week.” Ron said.

They all flopped down under the tree by the lake and bathed in the warm sun, just like Astrid and Harry’s parents and friends used to when they attended Hogwarts.

“Harry, how’s your scar?” Astrid asked, concerned as he rubbed his forehead again.

“It’s still hurting. I wish I knew what this means!” he burst out angrily.

“I think… maybe it’s a warning.” Astrid said.

Harry nodded as Ron and Hermione exchanged glances, “Yeah… I think it means danger’s coming.”

Ron sighed and closed his eyes as he laid under the sun, “Harry, Astrid, relax, the Stone’s safe, remember? Dumbledore’s here to protect it and fight off You-Know-Who – Dumbledore is the only wizard he was afraid of. And still, Snape’s got no idea how to get past Fluffy. Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down.”

Harry suddenly jumped up to his feet.

“What is it?” Astrid asked as she got up as well.

“I’ve just thought of something. We’ve got to see Hagrid, now!” Harry turned and began to race towards Hagrid’s hut with Astrid right by his side and Hermione and Ron scrambled to keep up. “Don’t you think it’s a bit odd,” Harry began, “that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and then suddenly a stranger shows up and just happens to be carrying one around in his pocket? Why didn’t I see it before?!”

“I’m still a bit lost, mate.” Ron said as they came closer to Hagrid’s hut.

Hagrid was sitting outside on a large chair and was shelling some peas into a bowl. He looked up at the approaching bunch, “Hullo,” he said smiling.

“Hagrid, I’ve got to ask you something. The night you won Norbert, what did the stranger who gave you the egg look like?” Harry asked.

“Dunno, I never saw his face, he kept his hood up the whole time.” Hagrid said casually.

“What did you talk about? Did you mention that you work at Hogwarts?” Harry asked.

“Mighta’ come up.” He frowned, trying to remember. “Yeah, he asked what I did so I told him… he asked what sorta creatures I look after so I told him… he wanted to make sure I’d be able ter handle a dragon so he asked if I’d be able to handle it. I told him o’course, after Fluffy, a dragon would be easy.”

“And did he seem interested in Fluffy?”

“O’course! It’s not every day yeh come across a three-headed dog. So, I told him, Fluffy’s a piece o’cake once yeh know how to calm him, jus’ play him a bit o’ music and he’ll go straight ter sleep – I shouldn’ta told yeh that!” Hagrid said, suddenly looking horrified. “Hey –where yeh goin’?”

Harry, Astrid, Hermione, and Ron began running up to the castle.

“We’ve got to tell Dumbledore! I mean, it wasn’t Hagrid’s fault – he was drunk – but still, we’ve got to tell him that Voldemort knows!” Astrid said.

They ran through the entrance hall, “Where’s Dumbledore’s office?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know – does anyone besides the teachers know?” They all looked around, looking for some kind of sign pointing them in the right direction.

“Astrid, have a vision!” Ron demanded.

Astrid scoffed, “Oh, right, why didn’t I just think of that before!” she shot a glare at him and Ron flushed.

“What are you three doing inside?” McGonagall’s voice rang through the hall. She strode over to them carrying a pile of books.

“We want to see Professor Dumbledore,” Astrid said.

“See Professor Dumbledore? Why?” Her eyes narrowed.

“It’s… sort of a secret.” Harry said.

Wrong move.

McGonagall’s nostrils flared. “Professor Dumbledore left ten minutes ago.” She said rather coldly. “He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and flew over at once.”

He’s gone?” Harry said slightly frantically.

“Professor Dumbledore is a very great wizard, Potter, he has many demands-“

But this is about the Philosopher’s Stone!” Astrid finally said.

McGonagall’s eyes widened and she dropped her books, but didn’t pick them up.

“How do you know - ?” She sputtered.

“Professor, we think someone’s going to try and steal it.” Hermione said.

She was looking at them with a mixture of shock and suspicion, “I don’t know how you four found out about the Stone, but I can assure you that it is well protected.”

“But Professor-“

“Now,” McGonagall bent down and gathered all her books, “I suggest you all go back outside and forget all about the Stone.” She walked away.

“Yeah, I’m sure we’ll all just forget about some measly stone that turns metal to gold and will bring Voldemort back to life.” Astrid scoffed.

“It’s going to happen tonight.” Harry said looking at his friends. “Snape’s going to try and get the Stone tonight. He knows how to get past Fluffy and now he’s got Dumbledore out of the way. I bet he sent that owl to Dumbledore.”

They began to head up to the common room. “We’ve got to do it.” Harry said.

“What? Are you mental? Us, steal the stone?” Ron said looking at Harry like he was crazy.

“No, Harry’s right. We’ve got to steal the stone before Snape does.” Astrid said with a gleam of determination in her eyes.

“You’re both mental.” Ron stated.

Pig snout.” Hermione said to the portrait of the fat lady and they all clambered into the common room. There were several people in there so they shoved themselves into the furthest corner and lowered their voices to hushed whispers.

“Don’t you understand?” Harry began. “If Snape gets a hold of that Stone, Voldemort is coming back!”

“You’re right, Harry.” Hermione said very softly.

Harry looked at his friends, “So, tonight then, once everyone’s gone to sleep, we’ll sneak out under the cloak and head to the third floor…”

The Astrid finished, “And stop Snape.”

~~~

That night, after everyone else tucked into bed, Harry, Astrid, Ron, and Hermione all came back down into the common room. “I’ve got the cloak and the flute Hagrid got me for Christmas.” Harry said. “Let’s put it on and go.”

“What are you doing?” they all jumped at the sound of Neville’s voice that came from a dark corner. He stood up from the arm chair clutching Trevor.

“Nothing, Neville.” Harry said.

“You’re going out again.” Neville said.

“No, no, no we’re not… Why don’t you go to bed, Neville?” Hermione said feebly.

“You can’t go out. You’ll get caught again and lose Gryffindor even more points.” Neville pointed out.

“You don’t understand, this is important.” Harry said.

“I won’t let you do it. I’ll – I’ll fight you!” Neville quickly ran in front of the portrait hole, blocking them, dropped Trevor and then raised his fists.

Really?” Astrid took a threatening step towards Neville who gulped nervously. Astrid raised her wand, “Petrificus totalus!” Neville’s hands clung to his sides and his legs snapped together. He swayed for a moment and then fell forward but Astrid and Ron quickly caught him.

“Let’s put him on the sofa and quickly!” Astrid and Ron dragged him to the sofa and tossed him on. “Sorry, Nev!” Astrid quickly kissed his forehead. “Come on!”

They all went under Harry’s cloak and then made their way out of the common room and to the third floor corridor.

Every statue they passed made them jump, thinking it was Filch, but they had no run in with him. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until they came to door that would lead them into the third floor corridor.

Peeves was loosening the carpet so people would trip. “Who’s there?” he said suddenly turning to their direction. “Know you’re there, even though can’t see you. Are you a ghoulie or a ghostie or a wee student beastie?”

“Peeves,” Harry said suddenly in a deepened hoarse whisper, “the Bloody Baron has his own reasons for being invisible.”

If possible, Peeves paled a lighter shade of transparent white. “S-so sorry y-your bloodiness, Mr. Baron, sir. My mistake, my mistake.”

“I have business here, Peeves,” Harry continued to croak. “Stay away from this place tonight.”

“I will, sir, I will. Hope your business goes well, Mr. Baron. I’ll not bother you.” He quickly flew away disappearing into a wall.

Brilliant, Harry!” Ron whispered and Astrid grinned.

They walked through the corridor, filled with eerie statues, and came across the door with Fluffy behind it. But they were too late. The door was ajar.

“Snape’s already been here. We’ve got to hurry.” Astrid pushed the door all the way open, causing it to creak.

Low, rumbling growls met their ears and all of the dog’s nostrils began to sniff in their direction and Harry put the flute to his lips and began to play. He wasn’t great – in fact he was quite terrible, but Fluffy didn’t care. All Fluffy’s eyes began to shut and the heads lowered onto the floor gently and soon was fast asleep.

They slipped out from under the cloak but Harry kept playing as they crept towards the trapdoor.

“Want to go first, Hermione?” Ron asked as he opened the trapdoor.

“No, I don’t!” She glared at him.

Ron peered down into the dark hole. “What do you see?” Astrid asked.

“Nothing. It’s too dark.” Ron shook his head.

Astrid pulled out her wand and pointed down through the door, “Lumos!” a small light shone from the tip of her wand. Her eyes squinted, still not seeing the bottom. “Still can’t see anything. There’s no way of climbing down either. We’ll just have to drop down. Nox.” The light disappeared and she tucked her wand back into her waist band.

Harry began waving his hand (still playing the flute with the other) to get his friends attention and when he got it he pointed to himself.

“You want to go down first?” Ron said and Harry nodded.

Astrid placed her hand on Harry’s shoulder, “Sorry, Harry, ladies first.” Before Harry could even pull the flute away from his lips to protest Astrid jumped down through the trap door.

With a muffled sort of thump Astrid landed on something soft, yet not exactly fluffy.

“Astrid?” Ron called down.

Silence.

“Astrid?” It was Hermione’s voice this time and there was a hint of slight panic in her voice. “Astrid!”

Astrid started laughing, “Yeah, yeah! I’m fine! Come on down!”

“Oh – you! Ergh.” Through the darkness Astrid could feel Hermione’s glare.

Ron, Hermione, and then Harry jumped down. Astrid went to reach for her wand but was extremely shocked to find her hands and legs bound.

Hermione let out a screech and quickly leapt up and slammed herself against the wall. “It’s Devil’s Snare!” She exclaimed looking horrified as Astrid, Ron, and Harry all struggled with the vines that were quickly encasing their bodies.

“Alright, now that you know what it is – do something!” Ron snarled.

“Shut up, I’m trying to remember how to kill it! Devil’s Snare, Devil’s Snare, it’s deadly fun but will sulk in the sun! That’s it – Devil’s Snare hate sunlight! Oh but there’s no sunlight here!” Hermione cried.

“HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!” Astrid bellowed. “YOU’RE A BLOODY WITCH! LUMOS SOLEM!”

“Oh- right!” Hermione whipped out her wand, “Lumos solem!” bright sunlight shot from the tip of the wand and the Devil’s Snare untangled itself from their bodies and opened up making them fall through and onto the ground beneath the hovering layer of Devil’s Snare.

“Hermione, quickly, jump down!” Harry said.

Hermione quickly jumped before the Devil’s Snare began to close up again.

“’There’s no sunlight’?” Ron said with a raised eyebrow to Hermione. “Honestly....”

“Come on, this way.” Harry said and pointed to a stone passageway and they quickly hurried to go through it.

“Do you hear something?” Hermione asked.

There was a light rustling and soft clinking sound that was coming from up ahead.

“It sounds like wings, sort of.” Astrid said.

They walked to the end of the hall and saw a brightly lit chamber with a very high ceiling. It was filled with shimmering bird-like things that were fluttering all around and on the opposite side of the chamber was a heavy looking wooden door.

Astrid looked up at the flying things as Harry crossed the room and jiggled the locked door. “It’s locked. "Alohomora! Ug, it didn't work!"

Look!” Hermione was looking at a broom against the wall closest to them.

“They aren’t birds!” Astrid said looking back down to her friends, “They’re keys!

“One of them must open this door!” Harry said. “It should be big and old looking, probably silver like the knob!”

“Then get it Harry.” Astrid said walking over to him.

“What – me?”

Astrid laughed, “Yeah you. You’re the youngest Seeker in a century! You’ll be the only one who’ll be able to get it! Now hurry!” she shoved him towards the broom.

Harry seized the broom and the keys immediately went wild, flying around in every which way as Harry kicked off and flew around, diving occasionally.

“He sees it!” Astrid said as she watched Harry wiz around and outstretched his hand.

His fist clutched the key and he darted down towards them. “Catch it!” he threw it down and Astrid jumped up and caught it. She quickly turned to the door, shoved the key into the lock and turned it making the door swing open. “Come on!” Harry quickly jumped off the broom and they all raced through the door, shutting it behind them.

Their nostrils picked up a familiar stench. Old socks, rotting food, and sewage.

The roar of this fully grown troll made them all scream and scatter across the room. The troll seemed momentarily confused, wondering which kid to go after but settled for Ron who had pressed himself into a corner. The troll raced over to him with a large raised club – Ron looked horrified.
Incarcerous!” A thick rope shot out of Astrid’s wand and wrapped itself around the troll’s ankles making him immediately fall flat on its face. “You three go on! I gotta’ redeem myself!”

“Are you mental! This is a fully grown troll – much larger than the one on Halloween!” Harry yelled.

The troll rolled itself over and shook its dazed head.

Astrid let out a frustrated growl, “Go! I can handle him! Last time I was pinned under tons of wood! I can handle this – you all need to move on and stop Snape – go! I’ll be fine, I promise! I always keep my promises!” The troll grasped the rope and began to rip it apart.

“Come on!” Ron ran over to Harry and Hermione who ran to the second door, leading to another unknown room.

With one last glance at Astrid whose gray eyes smoldered with determination, Harry ran through the door, leaving Astrid with a fully grown troll.

The troll got up and let out a frightening roar but Astrid held her ground and had her wand pointed at him. The troll swung its club and released it, which Astrid was unaware of and was unable to dodge the club that slammed into her chest knocking her onto the ground. The wind had been knocked out of Astrid, her lungs burned and she was more than sure that a few ribs were broken.
The troll charged towards her, and raised its large foot to bring down on her but Astrid pointed her wand at the vulnerable foot, “Contendo!” Arrows shot out from her wand and lodged themselves into the troll’s foot, who wailed and fell back.

Astrid winced as she sat up and pointed her wand at the wounded troll, “Duro.” Ever so slowly, too slowly, the gray crept on the trolls feet, he wasn't turning into a statue - at least not as quickly as Astrid had hoped.

The troll stood up, and began to carry his heavy feet, walking towards Astrid was winced in pain as she crawled back. Astrid realized spells that would normally work on magic-folk wouldn't work the same on magical creatures. The troll was getting closer and Astrid looked up at the ceiling, an idea coming to her head.

"Well, I'm not going to let you go after my friends you disgusting, smelly - troll! Oh, well, that wasn't very clever..." Astrid mumbled. Then she raised her wand to the ceiling, "Reducto!"

The ceiling exploded and toppled down onto both of them.

~~~

"Oh - oh my dear! What, what's happened here?" McGonagall's voice rang through the room.

"Someone brought down the ceiling and crushed the troll!" Professor Flint exclaimed.

"But who?" McGonagall asked.

"Here!" Snape called.

Astrid felt a large weight being lifted off her. Astrid groaned. Snape? What is he doing here?

"Oh Merlin! Look at the state she's in!" Madam Pomfrey cried.

"Professors... my friends... the Stone... Harry..." Astrid managed to groan out.

"Snape, Sprout, Flint, you all go on to help the others. Poppy and I will get her to the Hospital Wing." McGonagall ordered and Astrid could hear the shuffling of their shoes as they began to climb through the rubble to get on to the others.

“There, there, you’ll be alright.” Madam Pomfrey said gently and Astrid could feel her entire body being lifted up and place onto a floating gurney.

“Professor,” Astrid said, looking up tiredly at McGonagall whose eyes were filled with concern, “I hate to say ‘we told you so’ but…” she smiled lightly as McGonagall’s nostrils flared slightly.

~~~

“He has awoken.” Professor Dumbledore said with a light smile, stepping out from the Hospital Wing.

Astrid, Ron, and Hermione quickly scrambled to their feet. Every day they had been sitting outside the Hospital Wing waiting for Harry to wake up.

“But I am afraid; Madam Pomfrey thinks it best if he had some more rest.” He said lightly as he walked away down the hall.

More rest? He’s been unconscious for three days!” Ron said to his friends as they walked to the door.

Hermione knocked.

Madam Pomfrey stuck her head out, “I am sorry, but Mr. Potter must rest.”

“He’s been resting for three days!” Astrid whined. “Please, Madam Pomfrey, we must see him! Come on, we saved the Philosopher’s Stone, the least you can do is let us see our best friend!” Astrid pouted and looked up sadly at Madam Pomfrey with begging eyes.

Madam Pomfrey sighed and opened the door, “Alright. But only five minutes.”

“Thank you!” they all scrambled into the room.

Harry!

Harry looked over at them and was beaming. Hermione flung her arms around his neck, “Oh, Harry! We were so worried – we thought-“

Astrid scoffed, “We didn’t think anything. We knew you’d survive.” Astrid grinned and patted Harry’s shoulder and he noted the few bruises on Astrid's face and the her other arm was in a sling.

“The whole school is talking about it.” Ron said. “So, what really happened?”

Harry began to tell them about how it was in fact Quirrell who was after the Stone and how he was the one who had been trying to kill him at the Quidditch game; about how Snape had actually suspected Quirrell all along and was actually trying to save Harry; how it was Dumbledore who gave him the cloak; about the Mirror of Erised; the Stone; and Voldemort.

“So the Stone’s going to be destroyed? Flamel’s just going to die?” Ron asked.

“That’s what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that ‘to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.’” Harry said, shaking his head slightly.

“Wise words.” Astrid said.

“So what happened with you three?” Harry asked.

“Well, I took down the troll –of course –“ Astrid wore a cocky smile, “I brought down the ceiling on him!"

"And on you as well! She was half dead when they came for us!" Hermione said, looking at Astrid with disapproval.

Astrid scoffed, "Oh, don't be so dramatic! I just got a few scrapes and bruises-"

"Right arm shattered, left arm broken in three places, four crushed ribs, eight fractures in your left ankle, a shattered left knee-cap, and your right leg was dislocated at the knee and a fractured skull!" Hermione said quickly.

"Yeah, but Madam Pomfrey patched me up!" Astrid said, rolling her eyes. "The point is... I took down a fully grown troll!" She flashed a cocky grin.

"Astrid..." Harry looked worried.

"Harry, you don't have to worry about me, honestly, I'm too stubborn to die!" Astrid gave him a reassuring smile. "Ron, go ahead and tell him the terrible news."

“Listen, the end-of-term feast is tomorrow. The points are all in and Slytherin’s won, of course, and you weren’t around for the last Quidditch match so Ravenclaw slaughtered us – but the food will be good.” Ron said.

Then Madam Pomfrey scurried over at that moment, “OUT.”

~~~

Astrid was glaring at the green and silver banners in the Great Hall and then her glare moved to Malfoy who was smirking.

It made Astrid sick.

A sudden hush over the Great Hall made Astrid look over at Harry who was walking down towards her, Ron, and Hermione. Harry slipped into the seat between Ron and Astrid and she could tell Harry was uncomfortable by everyone staring.

Then Dumbledore grabbed everyone’s attention, “Another year gone!” he began cheerfully. “And I must trouble you with an old man’s wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast!”

Ron shook his head. “Mental…”

“What a year it has been!” Dumbledore continued. “Hopefully your heads are all full, but don’t worry, you will have a whole summer to get them nice and empty before your next year starts… Now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points,”

There was a messily applaud and Astrid saw Athena bury her ashamed face into her palms.

“In third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two point; In second, Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty-six and in first place, Slytherin with five hundred and twenty-two points.”

Cheers and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table and Malfoy was banging happily on his goblet with a pretentious smile.

It made Astrid want to vomit.

“Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin, well done,” Dumbledore continued. “However, recent events must be taken into account.”

The room became silent and still and Astrid watched pleasantly as smiles quickly faded from the Slytherins’s faces.

“I have a few last-minute points I would like to give. First – to Mr. Ronald Weasley,” Ron’s face turned a nasty shade of deep red, almost purple, “for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”

Cheers exploded from all the Gryffindors and Percy was shouting over it, “That’s my brother, you know! My youngest brother got past McGonagall’s giant chess set!”

Then after a few more moments of cheering there was silence again, “Second,” Dumbledore continued, “to Miss Hermione Granger… for the use of cool intellect in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”

More cheers and applaud broke out as Hermione buried her face into her arms and Astrid wrapped her arm around Hermione proudly.

“Thirdly,” Dumbledore spoke and silence took over again, “to Miss Astrid Moody who showed great pride for redemption and protectiveness for her friends, I award Gryffindor house fifty points.”

More cheers and applaud broke out and now Athena was screaming, “That’s my sister right there! She took down a FULLY GROWN TROLL all by herself! BEAT THAT SLYTHERIN!”

“Wow…” Astrid shook her head at her sister.

“Hey, I might have forgotten to pack my Gryffindor spirit, but I always remember to pack yours.” Athena said from across the table.

“That’s disgustingly cheesy.” Astrid said looking at her sister like she was a freak.

“Fourthly,” Dumbledore said, “to Mr. Harry Potter…” the room was dead silent. “… For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points.” These cheers were deafening.

“We’re tied with Slytherin!” Hermione said quickly.

“How’d you manage to add that up without a quill and parchment?” Astrid said in awe.

Dumbledore raised his hands and the room fell silent. “There are all kinds of courage,” Dumbledore was smiling lightly. “Someone once told me, ‘it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but it takes a great deal more to stand up to your friends’. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom.”

Several people jumped up to hug Neville who looked like he had been stunned and the noise was so loud that if Astrid were to talk she wouldn’t be able to hear her own voice.

“Which means we need a little change of decoration.” Dumbledore clapped his hands and in an instant the green and silver banners became scarlet and gold. Astrid nudged Harry and pointed at Snape who was shaking hands with McGonagall with a horribly forced smile.

Astrid threw her arms around Harry, “This is the best day ever!”

~~~

“You all must come and stay over this summer,” Ron said. “I’ll send you an owl.”

“That’ll be great!” Harry said happily as they got off the train.

“Bye Katie, bye Angelina!” Athena waved goodbye to her friends and turned to Fred and George, “Eh.”

“Oh you’ll come over!” George threw his arms around her.

“Yes, you simply must!” Fred threw his arms around her as well.

They both were hugging her tightly, muffling her yelling, but she them managed to push them off her and then George kissed her right cheek while Fred kissed her left. Her face burned scarlet as her eyes widened and Fred and George both grinned and winked before walking away to join the rest of the Weasley family.

Mrs. Weasley was talking to Harry brightly when Astrid looked at saw her mother through the crowd.
Amilia was still as her green-honey eyes watched Harry carefully and Astrid knew her mother was fighting back tears.

“Harry,” Astrid took Harry’s hand and he looked at her, “my mum…” she pointed over to her mother.
Harry’s eyes followed her finger and saw a beautiful tall woman. She had long dark chestnut hair that had soft waves to it, strong cheek bones and chin, full lips, and beautiful green-honey eyes that were filled with mix emotions at the moment; sadness, excitement, fear, happiness…

Following Astrid’s lead, Harry followed her, holding her hand tightly as he walked to the woman who should have been like a second mother to him.

They had reached her. She seemed a whole foot taller than him but she quickly fell to her knees and Harry could see tears swelling in her lovely eyes.

“Hello Miss Moody,” Harry said kindly.

“Oh no, please, call me Amilia,” She was smilingly softly. She inhaled a deep breath trying to calm herself, “You… are the spitting image of your father… down to the last hair out of place… but your eyes…. Lily’s eyes…. You have your mother’s beautiful green eyes.”

“You were my mother’s best friend.” Harry said.

Amilia nodded, “Yes, and your father’s as-well but yes, I was closest with her. We became best friends on the very first day we met. We were inseparable…” a few tears escaped her eyes. “We should’ve been close too, Harry. I tried, I tried so hard to have you but… because of certain things… I couldn’t… I’m so sorry Harry-“

“No, please, Miss- I mean, Amilia, please don’t cry… I know you tried hard to get me, Astrid told me.” Harry didn’t know what to do or say but he hated seeing her cry.

Amilia laughed lightly and wiped her tears away, “Sorry about the crying… you’re just so big! The last time I saw you, you were so small and were crying because Astrid had taken your toy broom away from you.”

Astrid rubbed the back of her head sheepishly.

“I had a toy broom?” Harry asked.

“Yes, I… I sent it to you when you moved in with the muggles…. Along with several other Christmas and birthday gifts…” her eyes were now confused and slightly angry, “You didn’t receive them?”

Harry shook his head, “No… my aunt and uncle…”

Amilia quickly stood up, “Yes, those muggles – I remember them. I met them once and their little pig they call a son. Let’s just say our meeting didn’t go too well.” Her eyes were looking around like a hawk. “Ah – there they are.”

A large Mr. Dersley was waddling over to them with a nervous looking Petunia and terrified looking Dudley. “Well their son has certainly grown.” Amilia crossed her arms.

“Ready yet?” Vernon said looking rather angry at Harry and kept glancing at the owl in his cage that he carried.

Amilia stepped in front of Harry, “Hi, I don’t know if you remember me – we met only once, I’m Amilia, Lily’s friend.”

Petunia’s eyes widened, “Y-yes, I remember you.” She looked at Amilia in horror.

“Harry has just informed me that he didn’t receive any of the many gifts I sent him over the years.” Amilia clenched her jaw. “Care to explain?”

“Yes, well, those gifts were inappropriate-“

Inappropriate?! They were his Christmas and birthday gifts! How dare you keep them from him!” She yelled furiously, cutting off Vernon. “If I hear from Harry about something cruel or bad that any of you do to him, I will take Harry from your house and then burn it to the ground with you, your wife, and your son inside.” She snarled and Harry got a chill.

Mum,” Athena was by her mom’s side now, “People are staring.”

Amilia turned away from the Dursley’s who seemed frozen in fear and bent down to say goodbye to Harry, she kissed his forehead, and said cheerily, “Alright, Harry, well you are welcome over anytime-“

“Ron’s already invited us over to stay at his house.” Astrid interjected.

“Well, alright, maybe next summer.” She smiled, “Remember Harry, if they give you a problem, do not hesitate to write to me.” She and Harry hugged goodbye.

“Bye, Harry.” Athena hugged him.

“See ya’ soon, Harry!” Astrid hugged him and waved as they left.

“Hey mum,” Astrid said looking up at her mother, “thanks for not making it awkward by telling Harry you love him.”

“Yes, well, I can’t make you any promises come the next time I see him, alright?”

“Well, you can always tell me you love me.” Astrid batted her eye-lashes.

Athena and Amilia looked at each other and said together, “Eh.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, done. I'll be posting the next chapter for year 3 sometime this week! Okay!!