Saying Yes

1/1

I laughed loudly and spun around before grabbing back onto my friend, Ella’s, hand and in turn spun her around. Neither of us were able to keep the large smiles from our faces as we continued to dance in the middle of everyone. Both of us started to sing at the top of our lungs as Jingle Bells started to play through the speakers before the DJ mixed it.

“Let’s get a drink.” Ella said loudly into my ear, I nodded at her and she grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd of dancing people, dressed in Christmas outfits, to the bar. I stood their patiently as she ordered us both a drink.

“Hey Jaz,” a voice said from beside me. I turned my head and smiled happily at Dane, a close work friend.

“Hey El.” He leant over to smile at Ella. She shot him a small smile before taking the drinks the bartender gave us.

“How are you enjoying the work party?” He asked gesturing around.

“It’s great,” Ella said excitedly. I laughed and nodded with her as my eyes glanced around the room.

“Did you bring anyone?” Dane asked me softly. I glanced at him and shrugged slightly.

“My boyfriend is supposed to meet me here, but he’s late.” I told him truthfully.

“Like usual,” I heard Ella mutter. I shot her a glare. It wasn’t Zayn’s fault he was always late, he just had more important things to take care of with the band. I understood that. Didn’t mean it didn’t hurt though. I had thought that maybe for Christmas we would be able to spend more time together but instead Zayn seemed to only get busier.

“I’m going to find the toilet.” I let them both know before leaving them and making my way across the large room towards the back where the toilet signs were located. I smiled at a few girls that I knew before moving in front of the mirror and staring into my own brown eyes. I sighed before fixing up my black curls that fell around my face. I glanced down to my phone to see no messages or missed calls from Zayn. I scowled slightly.

He knew tonight was important to me and he promised he would be here. I stuffed my phone back into my small black bag before leaving the toilets and looking around for Ella. I finally spotted her and made my way over. She was talking to a group of guys that I couldn’t recognise from here.

As I got closer my eyes narrowed slightly as I noticed Harry and Niall amongst the people she was chatting to. Niall saw me first and smiled largely at me. He quickly nudged Harry who winked at me. Before I could get closer a hand grabbed my arm and spun me around.

I stumbled slightly in my heels before glancing at the person who almost knocked me over.

I gasped quietly as Zayn stood in front of me in all his glory. He was impeccably dressed in an expensive looking black suit. His hair was of course perfectly styled, no sign of the blonde streak that was present when I last saw him, two days ago. He looked absolutely amazing like usual.

Hiding the fact that I was practically drooling over him, I quickly narrowed my eyes at him.

“You are late.” I said to him lowly. He smirked down at me and placed both hands on my hips pulling me towards him.

“You look beautiful, Jazzy.” He whispered into my ear softly. I couldn’t help the shiver that swept through my body.

I quickly pushed out of his hold and looked up into his surprised face before turning and moving over towards Ella who was now with Harry, Niall, Louis, Eleanor and Liam.

“Making him work for your forgiveness?” Louis asked me the moment I reached them. I felt Zayn’s presence next to me but I ignored him and just nodded at Louis.

“You go girl,” Eleanor winked at me. I smiled back. I heard Zayn’s groan come from next to me, I turned to glance at him to see his pout directed at me.

“Hey, are you all just going to stand here or come and dance?” Dane said appearing on my other side. I smiled up at him as he smiled back at me. I felt Zayn’s arm wrap around my waist and pull me towards him, my back hitting his chest. I smiled softly at the contact between our bodies.

I quickly introduced Dane to everyone before glancing at Zayn.

“I’m going to dance.” I told him about to move out of his grip. It only tightened around me.

“I’m coming.” He said sternly.

“But babe, you don’t dance.” I said to him. He shot me a glare before grabbing my hand and dragging me into the crowd of people. He stood there awkwardly for a moment. I giggled and placed his arms on my waist and wrapped my own around his neck as we swayed slightly, ignoring the fact that the music asked for faster dancing.

“I really am sorry I’m late.” He said to me softly, whispering into my ear. I sighed into his shoulder and nodded.

“I know, it’s just, I feel like you’re always late.” I mumbled back. His grip around me tightened before he nudged his nose into my neck.

“I would give it all up for you.” His lips mumbled into my neck. I smiled softly.

“But I don’t want you to.” I said back pulling away slightly so I could look into his dark chocolate eyes.

“Mistletoe!” Harry suddenly yelled in my ear making me jump out of Zayn’s arms. I glanced at Harry to see him holding mistletoe above mine and Zayn’s head. Zayn grinned at me happily while I rolled my eyes at Harry’s childish behaviour.

“You have to kiss him, it’s the rules.” Harry said smirking at me. Before I could respond Zayn had grabbed my waist and pulled me against him. I looked up to see his face extremely close to mine. My face heated up as the blush spread across my face.

Before I could process anything else, Zayn’s lips were pressed firmly against mine. I sighed into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him ever closer. His lips moved easily against my own as I allowed him to lead until his tongue slipped through and instantly took control of my own.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS!” was screamed around us signalling that it must be past midnight. I smiled into the kiss as Zayn kept his lips tightly against mine pulling me impossibly closer. Eventually I had to pull my head back though to catch my breath.

We were both breathing heavy by this point as Zayn smirked down at me and brushed a curl away from my face.

“Merry Christmas babe,” He said softly.

“Merry Christmas,” I responded happily. His eyes searched around for a moment before they settled back on mine. I watched him confused.

“Come with me.” He said softly before taking me up the stairs and through the hallways of the rooms upstairs.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused as he dragged me along by my hand, stopping to glance into each room as we went. He finally entered one and led me straight out onto the balcony. I shivered in the cold air, wishing that I had my coat with me. Instantly Zayn’s coat was placed over my arms warming me up. I smiled and relished the warmth and smell of Zayn surrounding me.

“What are we doing up here Zayn?” I asked him turning to look at him. He glanced around at the view refusing to meet my eyes.

“I wanted to tell you why I was late tonight...” He trailed off and looked at me, lifting a hand to rub the back of his neck.

“Okay?” I said nervously, wondering what was going on.

“Harry lost something, that I uh asked him to keep safe for me. I asked him to keep safe until tonight because it’s your Christmas present. So we were late because we had to search through all of Harry’s stuff. And he has a lot of stuff. Well you’ve seen his stuff. And well what I had him keep was quite small and...” I quickly cut him off.

“You’re rambling love,” I said softly, moving towards him. He sighed and reached out to take my hand.

“I was going to wait until tonight but I think I want to do this now.” He said softly, his free hand fumbling in the pocket of his pants before pulling out a small blue tiffany box. My eyes widened dramatically as I stared at the box.

I watched as Zayn casually leant down on one knee. I’m forced myself to take breaths so I wouldn’t pass out on Zayn, since he looked like he was about to pass out himself.

“Jazmin we’ve been together five years and I find myself loving you more and more each day, something I always thought was impossible. I love the way you sing your heart out to The Strokes. I can even handle the amount of photos you insist of taking of me when I’m not ready. I’ve never questioned the fact that I knew from the start you were the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Will you please do me the honour of becoming my wife?” I continued to stare at him as I saw the sweat break out across his forehead. His eyes practically pleaded with mine.

“Jaz?” He asked nervously. I felt the tears build as reality finally hit me. The emotion began to build up in my own system and I could feel my heart thumping dangerously hard against my ribcage. I nodded slowly before getting faster and tugging his hand up to stand with me.

“Yes, of course I will!” I exclaimed before throwing my arms around him. His arms instantly tightened around me, I could feel his breath against my neck as I shivered in delight.

“I love you,” he said softly into my ear.

“I love you too.” I said back softly before pulling back to press my lips to his eagerly. One of his hands came up to caress my cheek softly as he deepened the kiss. I pouted the moment he pulled back.

“Could I put the ring on your finger now?” He asked me softly. I let out a nervous laugh and nodded, holding up my shaking hand for him. I noticed the shakiness of his own hand as he slipped the large diamond on to my finger. I smiled down at it before looking up to smile at him.

“Did you do it yet mate?” Niall’s voice came from the other side of the balcony door breaking the fairy tale trance we were in. I let out a laugh as Zayn snorted at his friends as they all appeared in the doorway. I held up my hand and instantly congratulations were thrown at us as Eleanor pulled my hand towards her for a better look. I glanced towards Zayn and smiled.

He smiled back and pulled me towards him.

“I’m afraid my Christmas present to you won’t be as great as this.” I frowned at him.

“Saying yes was the best present you could ever give me.” He whispered softly before pressing his lips to mine once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Jazmin!! I hope you like it :D

xx